Recruiting Football Talk VII

Yardbirds, Stones, hell definitely Warlocks all had a better sound. Like Elvis over Chuck Berry & Jonny Cash. It was marketing. Granted Elvis was quite talented, and is the King.
Yessir. Really dug the Yardbirds. Didn't really get into the Warlocks, but The Grass Roots...yeah, they worked for me.

Music is so subjective. What one person finds horrid and ear assaulting another might find great beauty in. I think the Beatles were very overrated but that is such a minority opinion. I can rarely get anyone to actually tell me why they liked the Beatles so much, which leads me to believe that society tells us we should like the Beatles and therefore many people just like the Beatles. I could do without their music and never feel I was missing anything in my life.
I grew up with the Beatles and the only song that I kinda liked was Penny Lane. Rest was meh.

Nah, he went through all the progressions they pioneered that others later followed to give us the greats of the 70s. Nobody much listens to classical, but that doesn’t mean they know anything about music. Popularity is never a good test for much of anything especially music. Unless you’re actually a Swifty and didn’t tell us. 😉
I truly believe people just need to find the right composer to fall in love with classical! (this is coming from a classical musician tho)

They are the most uplifting band ever. Peace and loving people. There is not a single band that is as positive as they are.

Their sound evolved from simple fun teenage music to thought provoking, boundary pushing masterpieces.

They changed music and they changed the world.

Objectively the greatest band of all time. It wasn't society that tells people to like them. They earned it. Naturally if you're the greatest you'll be labeled overrated right?

Anyone that thinks "they suck" is just biased against them because they just want to be edgy. Especially when you compare their catalog to the history of music, there is absolutely no way they suck. Literally none of the all time great bands from that era actually suck, if you remove bias.

I dont like a lot of country, but I understand how people like it.

Taylor Swift though?

SHE is the most overrated musician of all time and it's not close. That is much easier prove.
I don't care for their music. I don't find it uplifting. I find nothing special or unique about it.

To be fair, I am not a Taylor Swift fan either.

Don't be too hard on Glitch. Don't tell anyone, but he's a closet fan of The Monkee's. Those folks always have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Beatles. Rumor has it that he's got a Davy Jones poster in his bedroom, too.
View attachment 637321
Last Train to Clarksville is my anthem.

Justin Rogers, the dude that punked us for KY, then Allburn. Just got drafted. In the 7th round. Wow, rankings dont mean crap.
9 of the Top 10 picks held Blue Chip ratings coming out of HS.

22 of 32 of the 1st Round picks were either 4Star or 5Star players out of HS.

Rankings are better than they’ve ever been.

Reactions: orangejuice

VN Store

Back