Recruiting Football Talk VII

So, late to the music discussion. Honestly, I don't really listen to music all that much anymore, but I liked Zeppelin a lot, not that I dislike them now, they are one of the all time great rock and roll bands, with arguably top 5 muscians in each category and with no discernable weaknesses in their musical ability, even George Harrison of The Beatles was a huge fan and would go to Zeppelin's legendary concerts, that could last upwards of 3 hours, with 30-minute versions of Dazed and Confused. As for The Beatles, I respect them for who they are and at one time I had a greatest hits CD, but to me their best album is The White Album. As for the Stones, I like them better than The Beatles, but all their stuff pretty much sounds like Chuck Berry, in that they get a lot of their sound from him, just like Zepplein was deep into the blues and ELVIS, and I'm a fan of ELVIS but my Mother liked ELVIS, so there you go. I still remember the concert ELVIS Live from Hawaii in 1973, the whole family watched, and I was 6 years old. Yardbirds are great, Page, Clapton, Beck.. Hendrix - Listen to his live version of Johnny B. Goode, I mean Hendrix WAS Johnny B. Goode. Van Halen, The Police - Because Zeppelin liked The Police and endorsed them. The Who - they were great, Keith Moon on drums, who is somewhat forgotten, and John Entwistle on bass. As for country - Hank Williams Sr. and Hank Jr., Waylon, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, etc.. I also enjoy gospel music, but again, and not that anyone cares, I don't listen to much music anymore, if I did probably would lean to country or some gospel, now that I'm older.. Into my podcasts of sports, news, economics and good sermons or preaching, as it was called when I was growing up. Oh, I forgot, Buddy Holly, great early rock and roll pioneer, The Beatles were highly influenced by him. Go Vols!

Guess your teacher was clueless. A boy band has never progressed music.

They were a manufactured boy band (by a record company via tryouts), sent to America just to rile up our frizzies. Went back to the UK and never did anything after their first album. All their lyrics written for them by actual artists. Their instrumentals were premade and all they did was perform them for the audiences. Band eroded quickly once they were no longer kids. Put out later albums nobody listened to.
If serious...no, I am not your "music spirit animal" or whatever.

If serious, never think about music, and especially me, in the same thought process again.

Last edited:
Guess your teacher was clueless. A boy band has never progressed music.

They were a manufactured boy band (by a record company via tryouts), sent to America just to rile up our frizzies. Went back to the UK and never did anything after their first album. All their lyrics written for them by actual artists. Their instrumentals were premade and all they did was perform them for the audiences. Band eroded quickly once they were no longer kids. Put out later albums nobody listened to.
These "facts" aren't factual

VN Store

Back