Recruiting Football Talk VII

I've got some decent stuff. I just wish I could figure out where they're coming from. Maybe i have a leak or something somewhere. Sally said they gather around damp/wet areas.

There was a few groups of them in the corner of the wall and ceiling in 1 room. Haven't seen them anywhere else. Probably coming in from the window in there. Small black ants. . . seems like it's a different spot every spring.
Invest in some generic home defense solution and a cheap sprayer. Mix strong with a little water. Spray the base roots of any trees or shrubs…especially dogwoods or crepe Myrtle’s and the foundation of your house. On the interior of the home, I remove the face plates of wall outlets and use a can of ant-killer that has a straw applicator. A nice burst (or three) in the sides of those into the wall voids along the troublesome wall usually does the trick. When I did pest control for a living, I didn’t have much success with Advion as a gel…better mixed with Niban as a dry bait on the exterior. Big believer in Terro (my wife overuses it imo), just keep it out of reach of pets and kids…more as nuisance mess than hazard. ant gel bait - Google Search

Ah. Every child is different, there isnt a magic elixir, or cure all for behavioral stuff.

My son would just assume wrestle me, and play fight. My middle would barricade her door, and it turn into a battle of wills. My oldest, would cry say she's sorry then kick and pull siblings hair while doing it.

Im the type thats liable to take a garbage bag, take all their crap. And give it to kids in need.

Ya dont know what ya got, till its gone.

Trust me, spanking isnt off the table. It has to be in back of their minds.
i sincerely doubt any of the guys teammates agree with this.

The only thing available at the busiest airport in the world was a prepackaged sandwich? You didn’t look very hard.
everything was closed man. our flight out of Santa Ana was delayed, which caused us to arrive as everything was closing. Didnt get back home till 3 AM, had to deplane, and get on another plane on connecting flight.

Anyway, like I said. I did look, and it was Mayo City..

Invest in some generic home defense solution and a cheap sprayer. Mix strong with a little water. Spray the base roots of any trees or shrubs…especially dogwoods or crepe Myrtle’s and the foundation of your house. On the interior of the home, I remove the face plates of wall outlets and use a can of ant-killer that has a straw applicator. A nice burst (or three) in the sides of those into the wall voids along the troublesome wall usually does the trick. When I did pest control for a living, I didn’t have much success with Advion as a gel…better mixed with Niban as a dry bait on the exterior. Big believer in Terro (my wife overuses it imo), just keep it out of reach of pets and kids…more as nuisance mess than hazard. ant gel bait - Google Search
Terro is what I have, I believe. Clear looking syrupy stuff. Seems to do a good job. I spray and all that, they just seem to always find a new place to pop up, 😂

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Terro is what I have, I believe. Clear looking syrupy stuff. Seems to do a good job. I spray and all that, they just seem to always find a new place to pop up, 😂
When you spray, get some product into the SOURCE. Their colonies harbor in roots and voids under the ground. Sometimes it’s further away from your house. When I was a tech, I found a trail branching from a neighbor’s tree and got permission to treat it from them. Soaked the base and used a bottle of Terro to bait the side of it. Client was ant free.

When you spray, get some product into the SOURCE. Their colonies harbor in roots and voids under the ground. Sometimes it’s further away from your house. When I was a tech, I found a trail branching from a neighbor’s tree and got permission to treat it from them. Soaked the base and used a bottle of Terro to bait the side of it. Client was ant free.
Thanks. I'll do that. I guess I'll just treat the entire perimeter and plants in there.

I gave my oldest a spanking one time when she was 2 or 3. With her, taking away her time spent with me or her mom was the most effective way to punish her. With our other two girls, simply telling/showing them that we were disappointed in their behavior/choices was more than sufficient punishment. They also knew that when we told them if they didn't behave we would leave a place and go home that we would. Irregardless of the inconvenience that it imposed on us. My wife left several grocery carts full of groceries while in line to pay because they started acting up and even after she told them what was about to happen they kept it up. It only took a time or two before they realized that she and I meant what we said and they would not benefit from poor behavior.

I would never presume to tell another parent how to discipline their children, but I will just ask that parents please discipline your children. That can take any number of forms. Kids respond to different things. The biggest thing that we have found as parents is consistency and follow through. Parent the same way each and every day. Don't let them get away with something one day, only to punish them for it the next. Or vice versa. The rules are the rules and they don't change day to day. Also, if you say you are going to do something, do it. Don't promise to take them somewhere and then back out. Also, don't tell them you are going to discipline them and then not do it. If your kids know you are going to be consistent but fair and that you will do what you say you are going to do then most everything else will be ok. Not at 100% recipe by any stretch, but it will remove enough noise from things that the bigger issues will be more easily seen and dealt with before they get out of hand.

- Parenting Advice by Glitch
My son is almost 13 and I've probably only spanked him twice...been several years since the last one. He gets upset at himself if he ever slips up on a quiz or something at school, so his grades are excellent. In the rare event we have to fuss at him, he responds the right way. He genuinely cares about doing things the right way and making us proud.

Now...his friend that we became permanent guardians of last year...it's been a different deal. He's a good kid, but he was being raised by his grandfather, which meant he was always playing games as a defacto babysitter and had little to no discipline. The first time we took his computer away when he made a bad grade, he broke down sobbing like a five year old. He's made huge improvements but will still try to get away with something every now and then...which he's starting to figure out that I keep a close eye on everything. We've taken a careful approach to discipline with him because he's had a rough time being raised by his grandparents since he was 6 and having his grandmother die in 2020 and grandfather die last year. We want him to be happy with us but also keep him progressing, so it's been an interesting balancing act.

I was a pretty good kid but got my rear whipped a lot growing up. It was my dad's first option, which probably made it my last option when I became a dad. He would justify it because it was better than what his alcoholic father would do. I guess we're improving a little each generation. lol

They knew not to disrespect and knew how to act in public. Because if they didn't they knew what was coming.

Yes the discipline I received made me a better person in life.

My daughter uses the timeout method 🤦🤦🤦

My 4 year old Grandson laughs at a Timeout.😜😜😜
This right here. If you set the expectation out at an early age and are consistent with it, you don’t really have to do a lot of “whippings” after that because they know it’s coming if they get out of line. It’s more about consistency imo. I remember probably 3 whippings my dad gave me, and I gave that or less to my kids, but I RESPECTED him and his authority and knew not to test it.

As a Grandfather though I've mellowed out quite a lot.

Now when grandkids throw a temper tantrum, my theory is give them what they want so they will shut up.
I don’t have any grandkids yet. My oldest daughter is 24, my son is 21, and my youngest daughter is 5 weeks. I’m a little worried I will be a softy towards her, but I think my disdain for unruly and disrespectful kids will keep me from being too charmin.

That gel works indoors or outdoors. We have a dog as well, so I put the gel inside where he can’t get to it. If you use it outside, put it in a place that won’t get washed away, at least for a couple days. Ants are attracted to this stuff, so they will find it and eat it up within a couple days. They take it back to the colony to spread and kill all ants in that colony. It works great. 😂
I wonder if it works for the big ant hills in the yard and pastures?

VN Store

Back