Recruiting Football Talk VII

When did RBs become an afterthought? When I started watching there were players like Marcus Allen, Roger Craig, etc. that got all the attention.
NFL lifespan for running backs has decreased significantly from where it was when they played. No one will ever top Emmitt Smith’s rushing record due to lack of longevity now.

Seems like he was a nice man…🥹🫡 you turned out ok……I guess👀🤣😂 did you apply this with your kids?..and how did it turn out?
They knew not to disrespect and knew how to act in public. Because if they didn't they knew what was coming.

Yes the discipline I received made me a better person in life.

My daughter uses the timeout method 🤦🤦🤦

My 4 year old Grandson laughs at a Timeout.😜😜😜

Weed fabric is the devil. All of my flowers go in pots. No mulch, no weed blanket, no profane-ridden rants that send the neighbors scuttling back inside. Easy Peasy.
I built my wife raised bed gardens. Put down two layers of cardboard, then two layers of weed fabric with it running all the way up the walls of the garden. No weeds at all.😎

My first attempt was atrocious as I didn’t do any of that and weeds were rampant. Bermuda grass is the worst thing that can get into a vegetable garden. It’s basically game over once that happens. 😡

They knew not to disrespect and knew how to act in public. Because if they didn't they knew what was coming.

My 2 year old is still devastated by time out (or is clever enough to act like he is). My 1 year old however, laughs at time out, so he gets the spankings haha

Lol Prime has the responses primed. Like watching an episode of cops you had no intent to watch.

Looks like Primetime doesn't realize it isn't primetime. Colorado is irrelevant during the season, someone tell Deion that in the offseason people are thinking more about purchasing underbritches than they are Colorado football. He is wasting his material on about four people.
He had his fifteen minutes of attention last year and flopped. When the season comes around he can he can pull his stunts and get it again. He is a circus clown, just a distraction between the real acts.

Last edited:
Listened to a cast on X and it sounds like Lanier trusts us enough that he is using our coaching to help him with his NBA evaluation. Sounds like he's ours unless the NBA wants him. He also is talking to all of our players and portal targets. Also heard with (6) our without (8) him we will have the highest rated roster in the SEC and top 10 nationally per Torvik. Part of that is true because apparently we are one club leaning heavy into analytics and metrics. I thought that was cool for a guy from Barnes generation.

Optimism is high if Barnes can get all these guys playing together.

Regarding Caldwell they stated she plays ladies version of Bruce pearl offense. Ball pressure and defense. Does not suffer slackers, and runs a gaurd heavy offense that uses a deep bench. They joked.she has already outrecruited her predecessor.
On Caldwell, at the Big Orange Caravan she said she’s had to adjust her recruiting style to be picking from the top players. Said she hasn't been used to that. If she’s already out recruiting Kellie 3 weeks into the job, look out.

At the O-W game, Steve Hamer told me we better get ready to see us putting up over 70 shots per game.

I’m having visions of players puking in buckets in practice. It’s gonna be exciting.

Spare the Rod, spoil the child.

That was the motto my father lived by lol.
My Daddy used to say, " The reason children don't do right is because they ain't thinking right, you have to reset their mind. There's a reset button called the thinking button, it's buried under the layers of fat and muscle on their backside. You gotta press real hard to get it to reset,"

My Daddy used to say, " The reason children don't do right is because they ain't thinking right, you have to reset their mind. There's a reset button called the thinking button, it's buried under the layers of fat and muscle on their backside. You gotta press real hard to get it to reset,"
Ah. Every child is different, there isnt a magic elixir, or cure all for behavioral stuff.

My son would just assume wrestle me, and play fight. My middle would barricade her door, and it turn into a battle of wills. My oldest, would cry say she's sorry then kick and pull siblings hair while doing it.

Im the type thats liable to take a garbage bag, take all their crap. And give it to kids in need.

Ya dont know what ya got, till its gone.

Trust me, spanking isnt off the table. It has to be in back of their minds.

Josh Heupel gives injury update on running back Cam Seldon for Tennessee football season. He's done a good job of staying within the confines of what our medical team is asking him to do. We project him continuing to get healthy throughout the course of the summer and hopefully be ready when it's time to kick off."

🤑😍🤩

I 100% judge people who like mayonnaise. It’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever tasted. I get so pissed when people/businesses cater food and the sandwiches when mayonnaise is already on the sandwiches. Just an absolutely disgusting condiment.

Terrible take. I'm willing to bet there's some mayo based sauces you enjoy.

Enough is ENOUGH! . . I've had it with these monkeyfightin ants in this monday2friday house! Everybody strap in, we're bout to open some frickin' windows!
Buy the single tube of gel. Just put out a little dab where you see them training and wait for a couple days. Ants be gone.

It’ll last for years.

*edit* I didn’t realize the product description was telling you to buy another product. 😂. I have the Advion brand gel and have used the same tube for 4 years with excellent results.

I gave my oldest a spanking one time when she was 2 or 3. With her, taking away her time spent with me or her mom was the most effective way to punish her. With our other two girls, simply telling/showing them that we were disappointed in their behavior/choices was more than sufficient punishment. They also knew that when we told them if they didn't behave we would leave a place and go home that we would. Irregardless of the inconvenience that it imposed on us. My wife left several grocery carts full of groceries while in line to pay because they started acting up and even after she told them what was about to happen they kept it up. It only took a time or two before they realized that she and I meant what we said and they would not benefit from poor behavior.

I would never presume to tell another parent how to discipline their children, but I will just ask that parents please discipline your children. That can take any number of forms. Kids respond to different things. The biggest thing that we have found as parents is consistency and follow through. Parent the same way each and every day. Don't let them get away with something one day, only to punish them for it the next. Or vice versa. The rules are the rules and they don't change day to day. Also, if you say you are going to do something, do it. Don't promise to take them somewhere and then back out. Also, don't tell them you are going to discipline them and then not do it. If your kids know you are going to be consistent but fair and that you will do what you say you are going to do then most everything else will be ok. Not at 100% recipe by any stretch, but it will remove enough noise from things that the bigger issues will be more easily seen and dealt with before they get out of hand.

- Parenting Advice by Glitch

Buy the single tube of gel. Just put out a little dab where you see them training and wait for a couple days. Ants be gone.

It’ll last for years.

I've got some decent stuff. I just wish I could figure out where they're coming from. Maybe i have a leak or something somewhere. Sally said they gather around damp/wet areas.

There was a few groups of them in the corner of the wall and ceiling in 1 room. Haven't seen them anywhere else. Probably coming in from the window in there. Small black ants. . . seems like it's a different spot every spring.

VN Store

Back