Prayers for Eric Berry UPDATE diagnosis is Hodgkin lymphoma

My mother beat lymphoma several years ago. There are several kinds and some can be treated in a relatively non invasive manner. The type my mom had went down to some drugs and my mom's fighting spirit. Here's to the hope that this definite VFL can kick this thing and get back to knocking heads soon.

Reactions: 1 person
With EB's strength, character, motivation and support base, I can't imagine there's anyone in the world more capable of beating this thing and coming back to resume an All-Pro career. Get after it, Eric!

Eric Berry is the best as a person and football player. Prayers offered for a full recovery and the Lord's peace in his and his family's lives.

All of you going to the game this weekend need to make a point of shouting his name loud and often.

Prayers for Eric and all the Berry family, God be with you. Prayers and your mindset will go a long way to help you in your battle to defeat this disease.

Here's the text of the statement.

"I am truly thankful for all of the support from family, friends, coaches, teammates and the entire Chiefs kingdom. At first I was in shock with the diagnosis on Saturday and did not even want to miss a game, but I understand that right now I have to concentrate on a new opponent. I have great confidence in the doctors and the plan they are going to put in place for me to win this fight. I believe that I am in God's hands and I have great peace in that. I know my coaches and teammates will hold things down here the rest of the season and until I am back running out of the tunnel at Arrowhead. I am so thankful and appreciative of being a part of this franchise and playing in front of the best fans in the NFL. I will be back!"

Reactions: 3 people
Neyland's Game Maxim #3

"If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam."

Time to put on more steam EB, because the Big Orange Nation know you can beat this! Prayer changes things.

Reactions: 2 people
Hate to hear this. Praying for him and his family.

We are ALL Praying for you EB! Thank you for everything you have given to Volnation, and now Volnation gives you our all of our strength and prayers! GOD BLESS YOU!!

EB you don't just have the Chiefs fans. You don't even just have the UT fans. You are truly the kind of person that everyone will be sending prayers for your speedy recovery. My prayers are included. Can't wait to watch you play again. Get well soon.

Reactions: 1 person
Sad, he is in the top 3 of my all time favorite Vols, along with Peyton and Heath. You have to figure if anyone has the tenacity to beat something like this it is Eric.

Lots of prayers and love go out to Eric and his family. You can beat this.

I look forward to the day when they find a cure for this awful disease.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back