Prayers for Eric Berry UPDATE diagnosis is Hodgkin lymphoma

My first cousin, Randy Jenkins, was a high jumper for the Vols back in the early 90's. He holds (held?) the UT record and twice (I think) won the National Championship in high jumping for us. After his college career, he was diagnosed with H disease.

He successfully defeated it, and went on to twice finish fourth at the US Olympic trials - which sucks, as fourth place is the first person who DOESN'T get to go to the Olympics, but still, epic achievement.

So, yes, elite athletes can and do defeat H and go on to have successful careers.

AV

PS. I assure you, this 5'7" white boy can't jump. Randy must have gotten his genes from my non-biological aunt.

RJ cousin huh ......Rhea County ?

I thought this was cool. Paul Rudd (aka Brian Fantana), who is a big Kansas City Chiefs and Royals fan, wore a Berry Strong shirt on Rich Eisen's show yesterday.

CEVOzL_WAAEsyPk.png

Reactions: 7 people
It's probably been discussed somewhere on here before - but is there someplace on the net to get the awesome shirt that Rudd was wearing on Eisen's show? I've poked around a bit but can't find anything.

Any ideas?

I am a hodgekin's survivor as well. He won't be back this season but I can see him back the season after that. He is going to be worn down with little stamina for a few months. Then you can bounce back to the "old you".

Reactions: 7 people
If anyone is going to make it through it will be EB.. He has the will and he started out extremely healthy... not to mention he has the money to afford the best treatment that there is.

Prayers help

I am a hodgekin's survivor as well. He won't be back this season but I can see him back the season after that. He is going to be worn down with little stamina for a few months. Then you can bounce back to the "old you".

Good for you and I hope Eric has the same outcome.

Prayed for Eric when I heard this .. heard a good update from Andy Reid today. Praise God and let's hope he keeps beating this thing

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back