Practice updates of any kind

It can be taken 1 of 2 ways obviously...Mostella has really come on and turned into the top 40 prospect he once was, or that Hubbs is still struggling a bit. There were early reports that Mostella was unstoppable in pick up games this year, and was by far the best player on the court, maybe that has continued into organized practices.

My guess, is that as usual it's somewhere in the middle. Hubbs has likely improved, but Mostella also has, now is he a lottery pick after the season is over, no, but I'm guessing we see VCU Mostella much more this season.

There's 80 minutes between the 2/3 position, Baulkman/Mostella/Hubbs can all play major minutes regardless of who is starting honestly.

Agree and I would caution fans against writing off Hubbs as a bust. Remember he barely played as a frosh and almost qualified for a redshirt.

He was barely a 5* (ranked around 20) and not a consensus 5*(ESPN had him 4*).

Jordy Mac was rated around 40th by rivals IIRC and that's probably closer to where Hubbs should've been ranked. He's definitely not the type of player most think about when they think of a 5* basketball recruit. Most think of the one and done type guys that Kentucky gets. Hubbs isn't that guy.

Be patient with Hubbs. McRae looked like just another player until midway thru his junior year. He was backing up Skylar McBee in December of his junior year before he exploded.

We only got 1.5 years of superstar McRae who got drafted. Before that he was just a guy with potential.

Reactions: 1 person
Jabari just reiterated that he would put Kyle over Kasonga at the 5. Kasonga is big but soft and timid. Hopefully he'll toughen up by SEC play.

I bet Kasonga appreciates being called out by Jabari on a message board. Some info he gives you probably should be between family members. Just a thought.

Reactions: 3 people
I bet Kasonga appreciates being called out by Jabari on a message board. Some info he gives you probably should be between family members. Just a thought.

Gee, thanks for your input. You guys do plenty of calling out. If you read the article that came out last week Barnes said himself that Kasonga will learn to play TOUGHER from Jabari. So I guess you could say that his coach called out as well.

Maybe you should read the article...just a thought. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Reading comprehension can be a problem on here for some from time to time.

Last edited:
From a coach yeah, but a teammate, I'm not sure about. I'm sure nothing was meant by it anyway. This team seems to like each other.

In Jabari's defense, it was strictly constructive criticism. CRB has said so himself. Jabari had no ili-intention whatsoever. As a matter of fact, CRB has Kasonga working out with Jabari for that reason. He would never call a teammate out to be intentionally nasty.

Last edited:

Shouldn't you be in Cali with all the other thin skins. Good grief. We complain about not getting information, and then complain about the information hurting feelings. These guys are big boys they CAN handle criticism.

Reactions: 5 people
In Jabari's defense, it was strictly constructive criticism. CRB has said so himself. Jabari had no ili-intention whatsoever. As a matter of fact, CRB has Kasonga working out with Jabari for that reason. He would never call a teammate out to be intentionally nasty.

I thought nothing of it. I knew how you meant it. I've heard nothing but positive things about the guys and how they get along. This group will be fun to watch push each other, yet have each other's back.

Fall break for the Basketball Vols amounted to 6 hours in the gym on Saturday. Three hours of practice, three hours of scrimmage. If nothing else, our guys will be conditioned to play those 40 minutes per game.

Fall break for the Basketball Vols amounted to 6 hours in the gym on Saturday. Three hours of practice, three hours of scrimmage. If nothing else, our guys will be conditioned to play those 40 minutes per game.

How are they fixing Jabari being off balance by 2 inches? Is that something that a good chiropractor can help adjust your body to even the hips and legs out?

How are they fixing Jabari being off balance by 2 inches? Is that something that a good chiropractor can help adjust your body to even the hips and legs out?

When I saw that on VQ, I admit I thought it was a misprint. One of my legs is off by a quarter inch, and it messes my back up if I don't wear a shoe insert. Don't see how you could overcome 2 inches. I'm thinking that was a mis-speak or misquote.

When I saw that on VQ, I admit I thought it was a misprint. One of my legs is off by a quarter inch, and it messes my back up if I don't wear a shoe insert. Don't see how you could overcome 2 inches. I'm thinking that was a mis-speak or misquote.

99% sure I heard Rick Barnes say it on 990 on media day.

I'm curious how the family doctor never saw, how do you measure a kid for a physical and not realize he's leaning pretty significantly lol

I'm curious how the family doctor never saw, how do you measure a kid for a physical and not realize he's leaning pretty significantly lol

It didn't show up for me until my back started giving me fits in my late teens. I had a family friend who was a physical therapist and that's the first thing he did, measure leg length. Gave me an insole lift and I've been using them ever since. I know you can do that for small discrepancies. 2 inches seems like a lot of compensation, especially for someone who is a high level athlete. Obviously, Jabari has overcome it to a great degree, but I can't imagine it doesn't hamper him to some extent.

VN Store

Back