Practice updates of any kind

Health, as with any team in any sport, will be a huge factor. If this team can get lucky for once and avoid the injury bug, that would definitely be beneficial. Looking around the country you already see some guys lost for the season, and many more lost for a couple months. If Tennessee can make it through without losing anyone and being able to play the same ~9 man rotation, they can definitely surpass expectations IMO.
Here's a good question (and there isn't a right or wront answer). What players, if injured, would be irreplacible to the season?

The easy ones: Punter, Armani Moore, Kasongo/Alexander, and Mostella (depending on his production). We actually have pretty good depth on the wings, especially if Shembarri proves his worth early.

Here's a good question (and there isn't a right or wront answer). What players, if injured, would be irreplacible to the season?

The easy ones: Punter, Armani Moore, Kasongo/Alexander, and Mostella (depending on his production). We actually have pretty good depth on the wings, especially if Shembarri proves his worth early.

Punter

I guess what my point was maybe would make this question easier to answer, do I think we could lose 1 of those guys and still win 15 games and finish where predicted, probably. However, what I was alluding to in my original post was that if this team can remain healthy, I could see them winning ~18 games, being a high NIT seed or even bubble team, and finishing above predictied.

Lose any of those guys listed and I think that becomes much less likely.

Speaking of injuries. I have been to my fair share of D1 football and basketball practices and IMO basketball practices are many times more physical. At the very least they they are more consistently physical day in and day out

Why does there seem to be so many more football injuries in practice then basketball?

Speaking of injuries. I have been to my fair share of D1 football and basketball practices and IMO basketball practices are many times more physical. At the very least they they are more consistently physical day in and day out

Why does there seem to be so many more football injuries in practice then basketball?
I've wondered the same thing. While I've never been to a d1 practice, I've played both football and basketball, basketball has been the tougher, more physical sport.

Laying on the practice floor screaming doesn't bother him? Okay.

Just saying what the man, and Barnes said. Said he "freaked out." But "it wasn't a big deal." So it's not like it's something that could bother him for awhile. At least, that's how it sounded.

I know we have a lot of expectations for our newbies Kasongo and Alexander, but we don't know what these guys will do once the lights come on. Although I'm enthusiastic about them, I am also cautious. As far as irreplacible, who have they replaced?

I have no agenda, I just want us to be a team that is respected and feared. With the way Barnes is recruiting, that won't happen.

Dude, you were making bets last year that we were going to beat UK, and we had a worse class then than we do now. You didn't have these concerns last year?

Dude, you were making bets last year that we were going to beat UK, and we had a worse class then than we do now. You didn't have these concerns last year?

And we will win this year. I think we will win every game we play, doesn't mean that I won't say how I feel.

I know we have a lot of expectations for our newbies Kasongo and Alexander, but we don't know what these guys will do once the lights come on. Although I'm enthusiastic about them, I am also cautious. As far as irreplacible, who have they replaced?
Ray Kasongo and Kyle Alexander replaced Tariq Owens and Willie Carmichael. As you mentioned, we don't know how either Kasongo or Alexander will fair once game day arrives, butttt, they both seem more physically ready than either Owens or Carmichael were at this time last year. Kasongo also has a year of JUCO experience under their belt.

Ray Kasongo and Kyle Alexander replaced Tariq Owens and Willie Carmichael. As you mentioned, we don't know how either Kasongo or Alexander will fair once game day arrives, butttt, they both seem more physically ready than either Owens or Carmichael were at this time last year. Kasongo also has a year of JUCO experience under their belt.

If they start this season where Owens and Carmichael were at the end of last year I will be very pleasantly surprised.

My expectations for those 2 aren't as high as most seem to be around here

Upgrades IMHO

Reactions: 1 person
If they start this season where Owens and Carmichael were at the end of last year I will be very pleasantly surprised.

My expectations for Kasongo being a "defensive force" are high but I'm taking Alexander's current hype with a grain of salt; though, I am excited to see how both will progress.

ray kasongo and kyle alexander replaced tariq owens and willie carmichael. As you mentioned, we don't know how either kasongo or alexander will fair once game day arrives, butttt, they both seem more physically ready than either owens or carmichael were at this time last year. Kasongo also has a year of juco experience under their belt.

👍👍

Agree. If the little info we're privy too is accurate, I wish that juco experience would start to yield some toughness tho.

Last edited:

Kasongo will be every bit better than both from day 1 and I'd be willing to put some money on it. Not sure if I'm buying the hype for Alexander yet either, but he does seem like he'll be ahead of Owens.

Kasongo will be every bit better than both from day 1 and I'd be willing to put some money on it. Not sure if I'm buying the hype for Alexander yet either, but he does seem like he'll be ahead of Owens.

I like the optimism.

Post more often and I might start having some myself

I noticed Turner was still listed on the roster, is he for sure done for this year? Also, I do not think anyone has mentioned why he can not play this year? NCAA red flag him?

I noticed Turner was still listed on the roster, is he for sure done for this year? Also, I do not think anyone has mentioned why he can not play this year? NCAA red flag him?

He graduated a year early and I think he lacked some credits or something like that. He'll "red shirt" this year and will be ready to go next year, more than likely our starting pg. Pretty sure he can practice with the team all year. I have heard reports that he's been giving Punter a good challenge at practice.

He graduated a year early and I think he lacked some credits or something like that. He'll "red shirt" this year and will be ready to go next year, more than likely our starting pg. Pretty sure he can practice with the team all year. I have heard reports that he's been giving Punter a good challenge at practice.

Thanks

Wish he could have made up those credits during the summer, sure could have used him.

Can practice and sit on bench at home games. But can not travel.(which is probably a good thing for a pg)

VN Store

Back