Phillip Fulmer Hired as Special Advisor to the President

I love having Phil back, he brings back a lot of good memories. On the other hand, we pay him to leave then we pay him to come back. Both positions are different but it is kinda odd. Though UT has been hard on Phil from an employer stand point, UT hasn't been hard on Phil financially.

I hope Currie isn't planning to take any time off anytime soon. He might just find his office rearranged when get back.

That's right Butchna. Guess we can only comment known, stated and published "facts". Heaven forbid somone ask about a recollection that they remembered!

Golly geesh

Watch your language! You shock jock you! :nono:

I hope Currie isn't planning to take any time off anytime soon. He might just find his office rearranged when get back.

Why do you hope that? If you believe that the president hired an ambassador to oversee the AD, you're reaching.

Why do you hope that? If you believe that the president hired an ambassador to oversee the AD, you're reaching.

The president might not have hired him for that, but Fulmer knows how to get his belly in the door.

No, I was just pointing out the fact that you misstated what actually happened.

You are stating things that I said were factual. When in fact it was proposed as a question.

Then when you were proven wrong you try to flip it. Then when that didn't work you try to make it sound completely different that what I pondered by using the words "you", "misstated" and "actually".

I never "stated" that "actually" happened!

UT is trying to defragment the fanbase by bringing Phil back in an official capacity. It's good for PR and good for fundraising. Not really any negatives to having him out in the community talking up Tennessee and bringing in money. He has been a big help to the Pat Summitt Foundation.

Reactions: 1 person

Listen to his interview with Brent Hubbs when he's asked if the hatchet has been buried between him and Currie. Sounded to me like Phil's not over it. He gave an unenthusiastic, stumbling, politically correct response. Phil is a direct report to Currie's boss's boss.

Listen to his interview with Brent Hubbs when he's asked if the hatchet has been buried between him and Currie. Sounded to me like Phil's not over it. He gave an unenthusiastic, stumbling, politically correct response. Phil is a direct report to Currie's boss's boss.

Dis whole, entire deal with him being back up on the Hill is gonna be good.

My guess is he may be seen on game day and maybe a practice or two here and there but he wont be directly involved in the football program.

My guess is this is some sort of apeasement for somebody. Maybe Fulmer himself, but I dunno. The whole thing, timing of it not long after the AD hiring and it being Fulmer just reeks of alot of behind the seems movement. Eventually it will come out I'm sure. Just wonder how many have been snookered into thinking this is some sort of reward for Fulmer and UT football.

Then again, alot of former coaches are in or were in similar positions. Lloyd Carr at UM and Majors at PITT.

As I found erlier, Fulmer didn't take the three month position (same as this one) in '08 when Peterson was here. Dipetrio is a completely Homer from Florida and has others pulling his strings so who really knows what is going down?.?.?

The face of it is UT has a former coach (who made millions upon millions and ran the program in the ground) back involved in some capacity (still earning a fat salary). And, he's as happy as a tick on a chained up coon-dog!

Yeah...don't care. This spy business nonsense just got boring. :boredom:

Reactions: 3 people
I love having Phil back, he brings back a lot of good memories. On the other hand, we pay him to leave then we pay him to come back. Both positions are different but it is kinda odd. Though UT has been hard on Phil from an employer stand point, UT hasn't been hard on Phil financially.

It is my understanding that his $100k/year salary is being privately funded.

Paying him when he left was a contractual obligation and the cost of doing business. Not saying you are, but those that hold that against him are being childish.

I agree it is good having him involved. This is a good position for him and the University system in general. Folks can say/think what they want, but Fulmer's dedication to UT is genuine. It ain't about the $.

Not directed at you, but some on here either can't get over their Phil-hate or just like to troll anything related to Fulmer.

You're talking about 2008. What happened in 2002? 2005? The blowout losses in 03 and 07?

Fulmer is in a position where he can help the university. I am all for it. He won't have anything to do with the operations of the football program. Nothing!

What's happened since?

Never said he'd have anything to do with the football team. Hamilton's culpability in the program's demise is well established.

You are stating things that I said were factual. When in fact it was proposed as a question.

Then when you were proven wrong you try to flip it. Then when that didn't work you try to make it sound completely different that what I pondered by using the words "you", "misstated" and "actually".

Thereby proving that things are more like they used to be than they are now.

Thereby proving that things are more like they used to be than they are now.
(Please read this as blue font)

Paying him when he left was a contractual obligation and the cost of doing business. Not saying you are, but those that hold that against him are being childish.

I agree it is good having him involved. This is a good position for him and the University system in general. Folks can say/think what they want, but Fulmer's dedication to UT is genuine. It ain't about the $.

Not directed at you, but some on here either can't get over their Phil-hate or just like to troll anything related to Fulmer.

Nobody is perfect. Phil did great things. Phil also did a lot of questionable things. The former doesn't expunge the latter from his record. Merely bringing up the bad isn't Phil-hate. When the Fulmerites attack everybody that says anything unflattering, that just ramps up the negative discourse.

Fulmer will more than earn his pay, he will bring in more donations alone than his salary is. Anybody that don't like Fulmer getting a job in this administration and thinks it's a negative is just nuts, I'll just leave it at that. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people

I understand where you are coming from and I am no means a "Phil-hater", I was just interpreting the facts that there has been a lot of money dealt out to Fulmer from UT. I agree with you as well on his genuine dedication to the school. Unfortunately, there are two types of Tennessee fans, the ones who like Fulmer and the ones who do not.

VN Store

Back