Phillip Fulmer Hired as Special Advisor to the President

The power behind the throne, so to speak.....

Face it, UT could use a good glad hander and baby kisser to generate revenue. This is a great role for Coach Fulmer and the university can only benefit from it in my opinion. It's an olive branch that has been needed for a while.

No idea Hamilton was calling the coaching shots, recruiting, and assistant coaches under Fulmer

Things you learn on VN

Fulmer didn't drop the pro style I, hire Dave Clawson to install the Spread with I formation talent and expect to get it done in one year all by himself. If Hamilton wasn't the mastermind behind this, he was at the very least the guy that executed the deal.

Then he recruited 2 qb's to run the spread that Kiffin canned. Taj Boyd and Bryce Petty. You can't make this stuff up.

If not on here somewhere, then the old Gridscape is where the old threads can be found.

SIAP. On the radio this morning, they were speculating that the Fulmer hire is a hedge against CBJ's ouster if the wheels fall off this season. Fulmer would get his old job back...

Reactions: 1 person
SIAP. On the radio this morning, they were speculating that the Fulmer hire is a hedge against CBJ's ouster if the wheels fall off this season. Fulmer would get his old job back...

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Fulmer didn't drop the pro style I, hire Dave Clawson to install the Spread with I formation talent and expect to get it done in one year all by himself. If Hamilton wasn't the mastermind behind this, he was at the very least the guy that executed the deal.

Then he recruited 2 qb's to run the spread that Kiffin canned. Taj Boyd and Bryce Petty. You can't make this stuff up.

If not on here somewhere, then the old Gridscape is where the old threads can be found.

You're talking about 2008. What happened in 2002? 2005? The blowout losses in 03 and 07?

Fulmer is in a position where he can help the university. I am all for it. He won't have anything to do with the operations of the football program. Nothing!

According to the responses in this thread, more than I thought. I don't know why anything surprises me around here anymore, but this kinda does.

I wasn't surprised and I will try to give a realistic and understandable reason.
The fanbase was split on firing Fulmer, for arguments sake, I'll say 50/50. Out of the 50% that thought it was time for a change, only half of those disliked him. The other half, while believing it was time for a change, believed it should have been handled a hell of a lot better and still respected PF.
It is misleading to read so many negative posts then see such appreciation when push comes to shove. But think about it, you see this weekly on VN with current coaches etc.

Polls tell us about 25% of VN members hate this or that yet, 60/70% of posts are negative. The facts are there, some people just bit## about football.

Reactions: 2 people
But I thought Currie hated Fulmer and Fulmer wouldnt have anything to do with the AD as long as Currie was in charge? Isnt that what most posters claimed? And everyone wanted Blackburn because he would likely bring Fulmer on in some capacity?

VN "experts" wiff again.

Not me! I've always been in Currie's corner! Former national AD of the Year! And a graduate of UT! Absolute best hire who will be encouraged by the presence of UT's greatest coach ever, Philip Fulmer! :dance2:

That's actually $130,000. The travel allotment is his to spend however he wants to without accountability for it.

Well, you can bet that he will rack up a lot of travel expenses with his duties. $30,000 is not that much for travel, meals, hotel accommodations, etc. It's still a good salary by my means at the present.

Was this the same position that he was hired into for insurance and then quit because of the uproar?

A year or two, I think, he was hired back in some capacity so he could have insurance.

The entire Vol Nation went bezerk and he quit so there wouldn't be controversy.

Can't help you with this one. :blink:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back