Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knuck I'm still waiting. Or are you going to run away like you did last night? With how you said you were throwing up at the "disgusting" news you "heard" last night in the AD I would have expected the news to be leaked to the media sometime today.

Dude....

LET IT GO!

Reactions: 5 people
I was just curious how "Currahee" was started as a rallying cry. It's a mountain in NE Georgia.

I got ya. the 506 PIR of the 101st airborne used it as their rallying cry during WW2. I don't know if they started it, but they ran up it at least once everyday before heading to england for the D-Day invasion.

I agree with you but see what he's saying... it bought them time. Now i'm nervous - Currie needs to be canned by lunchtime tomorrow

Yea well. I said that 2 days ago and after countless calls and emails and tweeters...the RAT is still here.

I want to get some guidance from AV. Anything I can do to help I will.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to put it at the top of my list. I saw where the series started in 2001. The high school was climbing Currahee and using it as a rallying cry prior to that.

These are the badazz grandfathers doing it way, way, way before the high schools kids were even thought of.

cea738037a5c09c9af1bde2c7e5032a5--du-mont-band-of-brothers.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
Peyton and Fulmer supported the Schiano deal to set Currie up to fail. They knew VN wouldn’t support it and it would start a fire. Currie fell right into the trap and now we will get the AD and coach we all deserve.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe I'm shooting for the stars here and I'm just needing to hold on to something, but can anyone LEGITIMATELY confirm that Gruden was never offered? I ask this because, if he wasn't, just go do it now. But if he was and turned us down, can anyone LEGITIMATELY confirm that as well? That way I can sleep semi peacefully tonight, otherwise I'm just tired of all the bad mojo.

I find it hysterical that after Sunday, UT believes Currie can close a deal with a guy who has repeatedly given interested parties a resounding no.

They're higher than the International Space Station!

Buddy just texted me that UT officials are scheduling discussions with Chad Morris tomorrow....trying to find out where he got this. Wouldn’t surprise me....

When you've got money out the wazoo, you don't let money stop you from getting what you want. A couple of million per yer doesn't mean squat in this deal.

True, but Mike Gundy is not who you get into a bidding war over. If you are going to do that, set the sights higher to Petersen or Patterson.

Peyton and Fulmer supported the Schiano deal to set Currie up to fail. They knew VN wouldn’t support it and it would start a fire. Currie fell right into the trap and now we will get the AD and coach we all deserve.

There's to much common sense in this statement for me.

I don't think it's about the money with Gruden it's that he will want Saban type control over the football team and all of football operations. Currie and Haslam do not want that.

Reactions: 3 people
I find it hysterical that after Sunday, UT believes Currie can close a deal with a guy who has repeatedly given interested parties a resounding no.

They're higher than the International Space Station!

No kidding. The incompetence truly is astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back