Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to be a d***, but clearly you are. Do you have proof that he wants to coach UT? If so please provide it.

I was just trying to provide some clarity. And he has said he MIGHT like to coach again, never has he said he would coach college ball. If I am incorrect prove me wrong. Maybe he doesn't want to comment on the UT coaching search because he does like UT and also has a child in school here. I would love to have Gruden as our coach, but stamping my feet and crying isn't going to make it happen.

And again if I didn't make this clear, you are a d***. No need to respond like that.

Well that was harsh, it's kind of hard (no pun intended) to not be one, when you've made it clear that I am one.

Really not much left to discuss now.

We're back in business boys! Let's get Currie fired and land the white whale! :rock::rock::rock:

GRUDEN TO THE HILL!!!!

I don't think they fire him. In poker they are gonna call us and force us to use our aces which is quit making any kind of purchases, tickets mostly and then the innocent student/athletes suffer which will lead to a guilt complex for many. It sux watching Florida going through the process in a rational, civilized manner and ending up in fairly good shape. Yet at UT they have to be cloak and dagger secretive and inner fighting develops. I ask for what rational reason? There's only one answer and that is that some lower-tier boosters developed a plan to get Jon Gruden hired and this in turn somehow made Haslam feel threatened and he somehow got a nutless puppet to do his bidding and screw the whole matter up. Gruden may have a high salary attached but I'm certain that the fans would be unified and in turn revenue would be generated to cover the higher salary.

I'M gonna keep saying it too. Haslam has a mental disease. He's not good for UT athletic dept. He's not employed there so what does he gain in any way that also benefits the football program? His interference is detrimental to the program and the chief reason good coaches don't want the UT job. Like I said this is a social disease. A human seemingly deriving a degree of gratification by making things harder for normal football fans. Does anyone understand his point because I'm having trouble grasping what motivates a person in this manner?

Reactions: 1 person
People with hope better hope we don’t offer Chad Morris (not debating his qualifications at this time). I have a feeling he would jump at the opportunity.

Who is keeping the official, running list of Mr Currie's attempts and misses? VolNation stopped one, he has whiffed on Cut and Gundy, and stood by and just watched Mullen and Kelly. Seems to me with today's attempts being very public, I have yet to hear he had a meeting with the Grudenator. All too fishy that the one that could save the train wreck, and save face (to some degree) is the one they are all avoiding.

Reactions: 3 people
speaking for myself and probably many others, based on current events of late I/we were hoping Gundy worked out. Would have been a solid hire. Now that he declined the offer, we still have hope that Gruden is in play. THIS IS A GRUDEN THREAD so we still believe there is a sliver of a chance we land him. Call us crazy, but its our thread.......

never say never to nothing, man

Gruden to the Hill!

So fellow Grudes,

How's our health? Is anyone suffering from.

1. NEck hurting like hell from looking down too much.
2. Marriage on the rocks for totally ignoring spouse?
3. Eyes and head hurting like hell from squinting?

If so you may be suffering from Gruditious!

On the positive side, we've had our Grude-on's up and down so many times we can last forever without any more pre mature booms.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Knuck I'm still waiting. Or are you going to run away like you did last night? With how you said you were throwing up at the "disgusting" news you "heard" last night in the AD I would have expected the news to be leaked to the media sometime today.

Reactions: 6 people
speaking for myself and probably many others, based on current events of late I/we were hoping Gundy worked out. Would have been a solid hire. Now that he declined the offer, we still have hope that Gruden is in play. THIS IS A GRUDEN THREAD so we still believe there is a sliver of a chance we land him. Call us crazy, but its our thread.......

I felt bad, but I was hoping Gundy would say no, because that meant Gruden was still possible!

I don't think they fire him. In poker they are gonna call us and force us to use our aces which is quit making any kind of purchases, tickets mostly and then the innocent student/athletes suffer which will lead to a guilt complex for many. It sux watching Florida going through the process in a rational, civilized manner and ending up in fairly good shape. Yet at UT they have to be cloak and dagger secretive and inner fighting develops. I ask for what rational reason? There's only one answer and that is that some lower-tier boosters developed a plan to get Jon Gruden hired and this in turn somehow made Haslam feel threatened and he somehow got a nutless puppet to do his bidding and screw the whole matter up. Gruden may have a high salary attached but I'm certain that the fans would be unified and in turn revenue would be generated to cover the higher salary.

I'M gonna keep saying it too. Haslam has a mental disease. He's not good for UT athletic dept. He's not employed there so what does he gain in any way that also benefits the football program? His interference is detrimental to the program and the chief reason good coaches don't want the UT job. Like I said this is a social disease. A human seemingly deriving a degree of gratification by making things harder for normal football fans. Does anyone understand his point because I'm having trouble grasping what motivates a person in this manner?

Simple Haslam is a IDIOT.

Several weeks ago I posted that Hubbs was concerned about how Currie was making it obvious that money was no object. Some of you will remember this. I said I thought is was bad business because it made negotiations harder. Many on here blew me off. Now it is becoming apparent that we are going to overspend.

Knuck I'm still waiting. Or are you going to run away like you did last night? With how you said you were throwing up at the "disgusting" news you "heard" last night in the AD I would have expected the news to be leaked to the media sometime today.

It clearly stated in the article he was offered 42 mill and you said 50 mill it doesn't take knuck to tell you that you can see for yourself but it doesn't matter to me he said no lol

Whoever is getting out ahead of Currie/Haslam with these coaches and pointing out the shît show they are is my current hero!

I would have been happy with Gundy, but anybody and everybody knew it was highly doubtful. Yet, that didn't stop our dynamic duo of Currie and Haslam from charging in to procure another massive embarrassment for the school.

The level of ineptitude is astounding. When will somebody stand up and demand accountable, competent leadership?

Several weeks ago I posted that Hubbs was concerned about how Currie was making it obvious that money was no object. Some of you will remember this. I said I thought is was bad business because it made negotiations harder. Many on here blew me off. Now it is becoming apparent that we are going to overspend.

When you've got money out the wazoo, you don't let money stop you from getting what you want. A couple of million per yer doesn't mean squat in this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back