Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our posters on Gridscape used to call Fulmer "The Big Fisherman" (referring to his recruiting prowess). It's time for the Big Fisherman to land the biggest fish in UT history.

View attachment 148529

The Big Fisherman would forever be in VOL LORE!!!! Have always loved Fulmer even when I was mad at him toward the end I respect him because I knew he loved UT. Even very good to great coaches can hit lulls and bad times over time. Nobody wins them all. His only fault was staying a little to loyal to some assistants for too long. But complacency and stubbornness is in all of us. He led us to some great times. Here's to the Big Fisherman giving his all, I have no doubt he will if giving the chance. We need people calling the shots that want us at the TOP and strive for the highest of ceilings. Not folks that end around from the beginning going after the one they want knowing full dang well nobody was going to like that hire. Heck even without Gruden in the picture if we had a approached the best coaches out there with gusto we would already have stuck a deal. Now nobody wants to work for Currie or Haslam. It don't have a thing to do with the fan base that is just BAT CRAP stupid talk. A bunch of MEDIA garbage, the coaches now the deal. Heck most people know the deal. UT has got to wake UP, and the movers that can make it happen need to make it happen!:rock:

The Big Fisherman would forever be in VOL LORE!!!! Have always loved Fulmer even when I was mad at him toward the end I respect him because I knew he loved UT. Even very good to great coaches can hit lulls and bad times over time. Nobody wins them all. His only fault was staying a little to loyal to some assistants for too long. But complacency and stubbornness is in all of us. He led us to some great times. Here's to the Big Fisherman giving his all, I have no doubt he will if giving the chance. We need people calling the shots that want us at the TOP and strive for the highest of ceilings. Not folks that end around from the beginning going after the one they want knowing full dang well nobody was going to like that hire. Heck take Gruden out of the picture if we had of approached the other top coaches out there with gusto we would already have stuck a deal. Now nobody wants to work for Currie or Haslam. It don't have a thing to do with the fan base that is just BAT CRAP stupid talk. A bunch of MEDIA garbage, the coaches now the deal. Heck most people know the deal. UT has got to wake UP, and the movers that can make it happen need to make it happen!:rock:

I have finally caught up since Friday. Friday I thought we were good to go with Gruden. I had a heart attack Friday afternoon and was just released from the hospital today. I was without any form of internet until today. I get on and see the crap show that the weekend brought. I can’t believe this is happening.

Gruden to the Hill

Glad you're back home again and best wishes for a full recovery!

It wouldn't surprise me if this latest attempt was indeed an attempt, last chance to save his job. His firing could very well be today. Let's make this happen VolNation. If the powers that be will not fix this mess, we will have to be the stewards of our program and take care of business. You cannot underestimate the voice we have. I know you're tired, but go back at it today...send a few emails, make the calls! We've got this!!!

Reactions: 3 people
What are the odds of Gruden publicly stating he wants to get back into coaching (possibly college) tomorrow on Mike and Wingo? :popcorn:

I've already got the t.v. plugged to the channel. Dear God, let him say something, anything that forces TN's hand!

It wouldn't surprise me if this latest attempt was indeed an attempt, last chance to save his job. His firing could very well be today. Let's make this happen VolNation. If the powers that be will not fix this mess, we will have to be the stewards of our program and take care of business. You cannot underestimate the voice we have. I know you're tired, but go back at it today...send a few emails, make the calls! We've got this!!!

I made a lot of calls yesterday morning, and while each person I spoke to at UT was kind, I could tell this is wearing on them. So, back at it today at 830!

Reactions: 1 person
Whoever is on the front line out there, carry a few of General Neylands Maxims with you....Godspeed !

3. If at first the game – or the breaks – go against you, don’t let up … PUT ON MORE STEAM !!

7. Carry the fight to the opponent and keep it there for sixty minutes....or however long it takes !!

Gruden....Ride or Die !!

Currie is still here because of President Joe/Chancellor Davenport, Haslams influence, and potential legal problems with Schiano MOU. We are working on getting a public signal from a BIG coach tomorrow to create enough pressure to oust Haslam and Currie. We don’t know if it will work yet but it is all hands on deck.
Kiffin floated his name today.

You won’t get anymore cloak and dagger stuff from me. Yes I mean Gruden. The Schiano hire greatly damaged our University and we are working the back channels to see if there is any chance with Gruden still if we can remove Haslam, Currie, and meet every single demand.

If Gruden gives a positive signal publically then President Joe will have no choice but to pursue because of the pressure from fans, local businesses, TN politicians, and Boosters.

Nuclear torpedo...love it, hope it happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back