Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the badazz grandfathers doing it way, way, way before the high schools kids were even thought of.

cea738037a5c09c9af1bde2c7e5032a5--du-mont-band-of-brothers.jpg

Got it. They are talking about the mountain in NE GA. I've climbed it several times.

What do any of you think it means when Gruden asks radio/TV hosts not to ask him about the Tennessee job? I think he was in play. Not sure he is now. If he says he won't take the Tennessee job tomorrow, I think thats the end of it. If he doesn't, then there's still hope.

View attachment 148505

Any idea what station and time that'll be on? I'll be traveling to Nashville for a conference, I'd like to try and catch it.

Why not Malzahn? He's proven he can beat Saban.

Regardless of who it is, this whole thing just smacks of stupidity.

A real AD would have started after the Florida game with the boosters. Rallying the troops and telling them you want to go big or go home. And that you need their help to do it.

You give them a list of five or so home run names, and everybody gets excited. Gruden should be high on that list.

You easily get financial commitments. Then, you start working the back channels. Not with some hack like Schiano who had NO other suitors. But, with the number one choice on your list. You make him an offer he cannot refuse (see Alabama and Saban for an example).

Instead, Currie and Haslam hatched this ill conceived stupidity under the cover of darkness and tried to ram it down our throats. Now, in full on panic mode, they are grasping at straws.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, it was definitely an exciting day. It’s unfortunate it didn’t end in our favor. However, much has changed, for the better, I think that’s evivident. The cohesiveness looks to continue. VolNation’s voice is still ringing true! We all need to keep it up tho!

How many plan to be at the b-ball game tomorrow?

tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 people
After stepping away for a couple hours, it’s nice to not have 5 eleventy pages to come back to.

Til foil hats engaged..

Does anyone remember Beav’s Greek Cassandra tweet? It’s a story of Cassandra who was cursed to speak true prophecies to those who didn’t believe.

He said he couldn’t last 3 months.

What if he’s told us things that were going to happen but are just now beginning to happen? Sounds crazy right? What if Ergan vs Haslam war is happening now? Behind the scenes and in front of our face! What if Greg Schiano hire was Peyton and others getting back at Schiano? They picked Mike Gundy cause they knew he’d say “No”. They’re buying time. What if Currie really will come out and look like a hero? What if he’s betraying Haslam, and he’s pooping his pants right now.

Am I insane?

Reactions: 14 people
so fellow grudes,

how's our health? Is anyone suffering from.

1. Neck hurting like hell from looking down too much.
2. Marriage on the rocks for totally ignoring spouse?
3. Eyes and head hurting like hell from squinting?

If so you may be suffering from gruditious!

On the positive side, we've had our grude-on's up and down so many times we can last forever without any more pre mature booms.

nailed it!

Exactly why he hasn't been offered anything from UT. I read an article saying the Haslams don't know what it's like to be said "no" to. They can't handle it cause they've never dealt with it. So the Haslams fear Gruden.

I still seriously think Gruden was nolever offered anything!!!!! That's why his "Rocky top is a great song" and "never say never" comments matter!! He was throwing it out there. :crazy:

I agree and I think that is why through this whole process nothing about Gruden came from the AD, they just ignored the talk and thought it would just go away.

All of a sudden the entire media knew we were interviewing Gundy and the details of the offer. First things first - FIRE CURRIE. Bring in Blackburn, and then make the interest and huge offer to Gruden publicly know and just SEE WHAT HAPPENS. Force a public acceptance or denial!

At least so we can say we tried!

If we are gonna go that route can we seriously not offer tee something. I would much rather have him then morris. We deserve better than that.

Yeah, I have my reservations as to whether Tee is ready, but I surely would extend an offer to him before Chad Morris.

After stepping away for a couple hours, it’s nice to not have 5 eleventy pages to come back to.

Til foil hats engaged..

Does anyone remember Beav’s Greek Cassandra tweet? It’s a story of Cassandra who was cursed to speak true prophecies to those who didn’t believe.

What if he’s told us things that were going to happen but are just now beginning to happen? Sounds crazy right? What if Ergan vs Haslam war is happening now? Behind the scenes and in front of our face! What if Greg Schiano hire was Peyton and others getting back at Schiano? They picked Mike Gundy cause they knew he’d say “No”. They’re buying time. What if Currie really will come out and look like a hero? What if he’s betraying Haslam, and he’s pooping his pants right now.

Am I insane?

😳 Step away from the Beaver. Jk...

Chad Morris? What happened to the good list?

They're going to give us a rushed hire at this point. Anyone that will say yes. We went from expecting our grand slam, Jon Gruden...to praying that they don't hire Chad Morris tomorrow. This is where we are, and it feels like make-believe.

Regardless of who it is, this whole thing just smacks of stupidity.

A real AD would have started after the Florida game with the boosters. Rallying the troops and telling them you want to go big or go home. And that you need their help to do it.

You give them a list of five or so home run names, and everybody gets excited. Gruden should be high on that list.

You easily get financial commitments. Then, you start working the back channels. Not with some hack like Schiano who had NO other suitors. But, with the number one choice on your list. You make him an offer he cannot refuse (see Alabama and Saban for an example).

Instead, Currie and Haslam hatched this ill conceived stupidity under the cover of darkness and tried to ram it down our throats. Now, in full on panic mode, they are grasping at straws.

I think all that was done. BUT, Currie and Haslam lied to other boosters who wanted Gruden and they tried an end around. It failed. Now, they are trying to get a hire done before they are out on their a$$es.

Put me down.gif

Til foil hats engaged..

Am I insane?

Insane???? This whole thing is insane......nothing is shocking anymore.

Til foil hats engaged..

Am I insane?

Oh, girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back