Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What grumors are out now that have made us happy again?

I've been working my ass off the past couple of days and haven't had time to pay attention.

Slice says the boosters money in an escrow account hasn't been returned yet..

Some OG's are still hangin in there.

Imagine how funny it will be if everything is going according to plan and Grudens is announced right after MNF is over. There wil be a lot of media folks looking pretty dumb.

I think that would be great as would most and be like a changing of the guard call from Hart. Here's to hoping! :Cheers: !

Hmmmm let me see.......

When Alabama hired Saban, the natl media was shocked and appalled by the size of his contract - Almost unheard of in the college ranks! Alabama has one of the highest compensated assistant coaching staffs in the country. Coaches salaries across the board continue to increase by rather large increments.

Saban has "control" in spades and then some at Bama - of which Hart is well aware! Saban and co. have been recruiting at a torrid pace: Natl rankings per ESPN: 2013 - 3rd; 2012 - 1st; 2011 - 2nd; 2010 - 3rd; 2009 - 2nd; 2008 - 3rd.

Saban's record at Bama - 67-13. Not to mention the two natl championships - and now playing for a third.

It seems that Alabama's decision to "break the bank" and to give Saban "the run of the place" has paid off rather well and their coffers are full because of it.

Now I think that most would agree that Gruden would recruit lights out. He is one of the most recognizable faces in football! And he did win a Super Bowl which I would argue is more difficult to do than winning a natl championship. Dare I say that Fulmer was not known to be a great X's and O's coach but in his day he could bring in a slew of horses - nay stallions! And those horses won the natl championship for the Vols.

This being said, Tennessee needs Jon Gruden much much more than he needs UT. They should follow the path laid out by Bama when they undertook to bring in Saban! The best - most high profile hire at this time is Gruden. They need to make it happen!

Reactions: 2 people
Truth is I can argue both sides but I don't want to get into that. On the recruiting side I will say this. I don't know if you know him or have ever met him but I know him and he has a magic about him. He is one of those people when you come face to face with him it is like he is your favorite uncle and knows and understands you personally.

I did meet him at a coaching clinic back in 95 and was very impressed with him. I like Fulmer and still respect the man greatly and am grateful for what he did and is still doing for our university. I cannot understand for the life of me why people make fun of him and ridicule him like they do. However, I definitely feel it would send the wrong message to the fan base right now. Our AD is between a rock and a hard place right now. They HAVE to hit a home run clear out of the park.

I've been working my ass off the past couple of days and haven't had time to pay attention.

There will be no more Grumors after the house was burnt down Friday. Any Grumors from here on out will be strategically leaked to the media.

I've been looking and hoping but nothing. Most people are talking about other coaches to UT and of course Alabama/Georgia. More news will probably come after the weekend probably.

Giving specific timelines is a bad idea. I agree with you and expect the Gruden rumors to turn back around, but I have no idea when that will be.

Wasn't trying to act like I knew something. I know absolutely nothing about what is happening. Just a guess.

So here is a couple of questions.

1 who was Hart talking to in OK last week?
2 I thought the OSU AD released a statement today that said permission to interview Gundy has not been asked.

Stoops maybe. Why would we interview Gundy twice. Especially if we haven't performed "due diligence" first by asking OSU for permission.

HOF weekend=the F***ing Catalina wine mixer. in Harts opinion #POW!

LOL exactly.

Boosters were preventing Hart from making his nut. He's ready to run with the bulls. He's been earning, and burning: snapping necks, and cashing checks.

Hart to boosters: "if you mess with my nut, then Jimmy Hyams here is going to eat your . . ."

So are you saying that if we hire a coach and they do the same thing, which is what we're asking for, you'd dislike that coach too?

I think any university would demand the new head coach hit the recruiting trail immediately as part of the deal. I hate Kelly for his piss poor cry baby attitude and the way he left Cincy and its players. Pretty much said good luck with that BCS game, I am out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back