Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Hart will continue asking our opponents' opinions on who UT should hire for HC.

I truly believe Hamilton was up against the wall when he hired Dooley. Dooley was NOT on Hamilton's wish list, but Tennessee was running out of time. Everyone on Hamilton's list rejected us and so he went on the recommendation of another coach. It turned out to suck and the truly ironic thing was that Dooley got such a big buyout in his contract because of what Kiffin did to us. Talk about that decision coming back to bite you in the @ss!

Just so everyone knows...there can be preliminary negotiations, but once you offer and the other person accepts, you cannot revoke your offer. You are bound to that offer.

I'm sorry, but that is not entirely true.

Contingent offers are made all the time.

You do realize that Rich Rodriguez had been "offered" and "hired" at Alabama when they "hired" Saban.

Reactions: 1 person
please respond

Cliffs notes is your best source. Too much to get into my friend. By the way, hope the eye is healing quickly. Make sure you go to the Gruden Cliffs notes. You wil have to scroll down quite a ways. Start on the day you had your surgery. Black Friday. Check back in with us though. I'm curious to what your reaction will be.

here is what skeeter said.............

Skeeter at 9:37 am today

Sounding like Strong may be offered soon. Louisville has the money, but they would have to pay more than Tennessee to keep him, not just match. Strong wants "to be in the sec.

Skeeter at 10:16 am

I think Hart will make an offer with in the next 24-48 hours. I think he will speak with Fisher today and i would be very surprised if anything came from that. I really dont think Fisher wants to play UF, Bama and UGA every year."

Strong will be better than cdd but he is average n will be average at ut. he will be our miss states croom except he might average 8 wins..

Also if the looks bad his first year attendance will continue to drop n fans will take a wait n see attitude before coming to the games...imo

Can't stay on this site very long.

1. Deal is not over. Chances are dwindling. Too much info was being leaked. Disinfo was issued to find "moles" and plug holes.

2. Gundy is big player. Talks broke down a few weeks ago, but back in play.

3. I caution some posters, be careful what you say and how much info you leak. This board is now being monitored keenly (and has been for a few weeks now) by 3-4 different camps. Deal was almost dead due to info leaking.

I am jeopardizing a lot myself by passing along this info. You may already know it, you may not.

Good luck. I hope you get what you want, but be careful how you go about it.

3-4 camps?... Wonder who the other 2 camps are...

I feel rumors of others in coaching search will escalate till after mnf game tonite then leak from hubbs about rumors hart back to talk to Gruden announcement Tuesday pm.this bs of coach search cannot go on much longer imo

Really nothing new with Gruden since Friday. Babyvol from tos is still sticking with Gruden...thats about it unless someone else wants to add.

So Gruden hasn't responded to anything as of yet?

I would check with the cliff thread but I can only use the computer like 2mins at a time lol

I truly believe Hamilton was up against the wall when he hired Dooley. Dooley was NOT on Hamilton's wish list, but Tennessee was running out of time. Everyone on Hamilton's list rejected us and so he went on the recommendation of another coach. It turned out to suck and the truly ironic thing was that Dooley got such a big buyout in his contract because of what Kiffin did to us. Talk about that decision coming back to bite you in the @ss!

Should have let Kippy Brown been the interim coach for a year, seeing as though it was a wash anyways and took the proper time to make the right hire.

Mods ... Please remove/hide this thread. People aren't catching on. Need them to transition to the 15th iteration of the Jon Gruden love-fest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back