Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I still think we get Gruden. I know I'm amongst friends here. It cleared the build up and drama. Things were just getting too out of hand. I can't even think about other possibilities. I get sick to my stomach thinking that J. Fisher or another "gamble hire" like strong would be best for our program.

i_want_to_believe.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I kind of wondered if that was directed at Tennessee or the boosters, just a strange wording and comment.

I have seen that trick used in car and timeshare sales. You hint to someone that they can't afford something and they take it as a challenge.

What grumors are out now that have made us happy again?

I've been working my ass off the past couple of days and haven't had time to pay attention.

Kelly bolted on Cincy (12-0) before a BCS game, which is one of the reasons I can not stand him.

So are you saying that if we hire a coach and they do the same thing, which is what we're asking for, you'd dislike that coach too?

The Gruden camp knows the bad PR that they are getting. I find it odd that he hasn't released a statement to Knox media saying something along the lines of how he loves Knoxville and the Vols however he has decided to stay at ESPN. They have family that lives here and you know some nut is going to give them a hard time. Just doesn't pass the smell test. It sure looks like this was done for more time.

I agree plus Hart has to do a coach search....it is due diligence as the AD. Add to it the fact that the media and fans were out of control.....no search firm...knowledge and info are power and this has kind of calmed the storm. Still think he is a possibility, but not probable......nobody assembles a staff or talks it without having an interest....a lot o alpha males, too many, involved in this process.....

Weeks have been spent building anticipation for the signing of Gruden. Now we are told he is not coming because he wanted too much money and the boosters are mad at Hart. What if this build up and take away were designed to gain financial support from booster who are not currently giving for Gruden? Now the news is out that Gruden is not coming because we can't meet his demands. The AD can now go to presently uninvolved boosters and as for money to save the hire, or since the current donations were for Gruden, to hire someone else.

plausible

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back