Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This interviewing during hof weekend sounds so stupid. Is he going to have them fill out a job application, give three references and take a drug test also. Good grief.

Makes Dave Hart look like a junior salesman going to his first big conference.

"Gee golly! I sure can't wait to network!"

Something that I find somewhat interesting is that we haven't heard much of anything about the search and then all of a sudden - Hart's interviewing Strong - Hart's interviewing Fedora - Hatr's going to interview so-and-so. And then we even get to hear how Strong's interview went...

Per Hubbs,

Hart will interview Gundy tomorrow and Fisher possibly Monday. Those close to Strong said he felt his interview with Hart went very well.

Not laughing...Twitter sucks right now. :bad:

Andy Staples ‏@Andy_Staples
Hence the all caps. Poking fun. RT @fraydog: The Gruden thing is deader than dead though.

GRUDEN RT @RiyMallahi: Look, you need something to believe in if you're a Tennessee fan. Might as well be conference superiority.

Andy Staples
Sports writer at Sports Illustrated.

Smokescreen IMO...:)

Honest question though- why is his current class ranked 73rd?

Yea not sure why every1 keeps saying we got this ballz to the wall recruiting class comming in. Compared to our rivals its pretty sad & its only gonna put us back even further than we already our. Unless we get a good coach & great recruiter we will be at the bottom of the sec for yrs to come. If my dumbass knows this im pretty sure some1 as smart as Hart does also, & he wont make a bad hire.We will begin our climb to the too.

My main con in this would be that he has been out of the game too long and would be week in recruiting. Not many kids these days outside of Tennessee have ever heard of Fulmer. Maybe if he had top notch recruiters. They used to say that he was one of the best closers in the business. I honestly don't think the fan base would get excited at all either.

Truth is I can argue both sides but I don't want to get into that. On the recruiting side I will say this. I don't know if you know him or have ever met him but I know him and he has a magic about him. He is one of those people when you come face to face with him it is like he is your favorite uncle and knows and understands you personally.

Reactions: 1 person
Not laughing...Twitter sucks right now. :bad:

Hence the all caps. Poking fun. RT @fraydog: The Gruden thing is deader than dead though.

GRUDEN RT @RiyMallahi: Look, you need something to believe in if you're a Tennessee fan. Might as well be conference superiority.

Andy Staples
Sports writer at Sports Illustrated.

Imagine how funny it will be if everything is going according to plan and Grudens is announced right after MNF is over. There wil be a lot of media folks looking pretty dumb.

Do you guys think that any of the rumored coaches we're looking at, if offered and accept, would be named coach before their bowl game? I mean some of those guys have the potential to be in very good bowl games. There's a chance that we have our man and if he's currently employed, he finishes out his current season before we hear any announcement, which would mean we hear nothing until the first of the year.

Kelly bolted on Cincy (12-0) before a BCS game, which is one of the reasons I can not stand him.

Hart has nothing to lose and lots to gain if he'd just come out and say "We made our best run at Jon Gruden, gave him a Godfather-type offer, and he declined so we're moving on to other candidates." No shame in swinging for the fences. You wouldn't take that approach for a James Franklin or a Butch Jones, but Gruden is a rock star candidate and you can build some cred just by going after him, even if you come up short.

If Gruden is out, why no announcement? Just makes you wonder.

one other thing to note. what happened to the other media outlets, now there not interested...? seems to me like if there is a deal, there plan to smokescreen it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back