Neyland Stadium becoming more annoying (my thoughts)

"Egads Lovey, that hip-hop "music" must go!"

tumblr_m2nc07a0QS1ro6zw3o1_250.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the gameday atmosphere was really improved from the past. Even my 73 year old grandpa "gets it" as he enjoyed it as well.

I don't care how lame it makes me. I like having phone coverage so I can get a text out if I want to or check stats etc.

yep. forgive us for wanting to check the scores of more than 5-6 other games that they give us in Neyland.

So, you are making the case that UT won based purely off of blaring "throw your hands in the air if you ain't never scared"?

I would hope any football team would want to win because they are playing football. Even if zero people, bands, or music were present.

yes. That's clearly what I just stated. Good job with the comprehension there buddy.:crazy:

Regarding cell coverage ~ Verizon should work flawlessly given their logo is behind our Coach at ever press conference. In this day and age technology and instant information and communication it's pretty lame if cell service is not close to perfect in a venue like Neyland.
(I'm on Verizon and for the three games I was at this year, no worries. Except using up my battery checking our stats and other game stats/scores!)

So, you are making the case that UT won based purely off of blaring "throw your hands in the air if you ain't never scared"?

I would hope any football team would want to win because they are playing football. Even if zero people, bands, or music were present.

People always say this or things like "well they're playing for TENNESSEE so they should be PUMPED anyway!"

It doesn't matter. It works. It's been proven to work. The players like it and gets them even more pumped when they're out there working their asses off.

So all I have to say to that is to get over it, they aren't playing for you.

Those 95,000 were a LOT louder than many of the 103-104K crowds I have sat with in recent years. BTW, the east upper-deck was pretty full.

Thanks for the info about the E. upper deck. I agree, the crowd was into the game start UNTIL AFTER the game.

That was one of the best dispersed 95k crowds I've ever seen. For there to have been so many empties, there weren't any large empty pockets.

Keep in mind, the 2 bowls hold about 97-98K. The nerd in me actually counted this last year from UT's website. Needless to say, I was bored. :loco:

I don't care how lame it makes me. I like having phone coverage so I can get a text out if I want to or check stats etc.

IF you really need it, you can walk up to the upper level right next to one of the American flags and get great reception.

Also, stats are available on the TVs inside during commercial breaks.

you are clearly in the DJ business or you are mad that you aren't currently a DJ.

you are taking this waaaaay too personally.

hahahahahahahahaha. You are so clueless. You are the one all worked up. You are the one so inept that you can't realize there is middle ground. That the canned music helped (not solely, mind you, I realize it's hard for you to get though), it pumped up the players and the fans. Yeah, USCe is a big game. Yeah, being in a big game pumped up the players and the fans. But it's hard to sustain that for four hours of play, especially the fans when all they are doing is sitting there and the opposing team owned the third quarter. There was a HUGE, non-negotiable fan reaction to Sterling dancing around, waving the towel and all that other stuff. I rarely, if ever, listen to hip hop or rap music. I'm not in the DJ business, I just have eyes and ears and witnessed the reactions to the canned in music. Bottom line is it worked. As many others have stated, stay home if it bothers you so much. I don't care if you haven't missed a game in all 117 years of Tennessee football, if you don't like what's going on now, just stay home and quit your whining.

I think you are missing the whole point here. The music, the videos on the jumbo-tron, the band, etc. all help to get the crowd more involved in the game, and when the crowd gets really into the game, yelling and screaming, you can say what you want, but it does help the team, if for no other reason it is annoying to the other team because they cannot hear.

The players got hype to the song "Aint worried about nothing" so if that is what gets the players going then that is what we need to play.

First, I was at the game and the statement that music was playing at every break in action is simply incorrect.

Second, when they DO play that music, watch our players. Seriously, watch them.

First, I was at the game and the statement that music was playing at every break in action is simply incorrect.

Second, when they DO play that music, watch our players. Seriously, watch them.

so you're saying that's the only reason they got excited?:)

I'm 63 yrs old, and as a former DJ at a local club, I can tell you music does influence the crowd. I was told by my mgr at the time "we need to sell more drinks". That was my que to sit the crowd from dancing. I controlled the crowd with my music. I could get them up or sit them down. I love the changes at Neyland.

I thought the atmosphere was great on Sat. With that said, if they're going to pump in music they need to invest in some better speakers. Now one of the hurdles Neyland has is the double bowl design. You almost have to put them at the top and it's hard for bass to filter down that much.

With the newer NFL stadium designs you either have a buffer between the 2 or 3 levels, or open ended endzones and the speakers are attached to the jumbotrons and able to "fill" the stadium with sound from the mid-point.

I agree completely. I loved the combo of POTS music and the piped in music. The music played on the speakers was great, just distorted at times. I don't get to games often, maybe once a year, but that was the most excited crowd I have seen in YEARS, since even some of Fulmer's last years. Yes, I am an old fogie, but I thought it was a great gameday experience. I felt like we were finally back!

ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

Would UT players quit and lose if the sound system went out????

I'll answer this. Judging by their body language after those two USCe scores in the 3rd quarter it looked as though some of the players and quite a few of our fans had the "oh sh!t! The wheels are falling off again" look. Personally, I don't think that our players hearing "Livin' on a prayer" would've pumped them up at that moment. IMO, that piped in music did much to change the mood and focus of fans and players alike.

SMDH. Some "fans" seem to be looking for any excuse or justification as to why they aren't, or won't attend a game. Music selection will not deter my future donation, season tickets or attendance.

VN Store

Back