New Commit

I don't see how this doesn't concern people. Yes, it is June, but the doormat of the SEC is out recruiting us. Yes, it is a while to February, but they seem to have more momentum on the recruiting trail.

Dominic Walker 6'2'', 194 lbs. | 40: 4.79 | Class of 2013

They can keep their 4.8 forty. I think we'll live without him.

Plus, if rivals doesn't consider you 4 stars, I don't consider you 4 stars.

Last edited:
I don't see how this doesn't concern people. Yes, it is June, but the doormat of the SEC is out recruiting us. Yes, it is a while to February, but they seem to have more momentum on the recruiting trail.

They did last year too...how did that turn out for them? Bottom line is, Tennessee starts slow and finishes strong. By the end of this cycle, Tennessee will have the higher ranked class just like always.

Reactions: 1 person

What are you going to do about it? And where have you been the last 2 plus years?

1. Don't expect everyone in this class to sign with us. Things change for the better and the players know this when they commit. At least I believe they do because we have only had one complaint. From a WR that didn't even qualify. And no , I'm not talking about this player.

2. It's early. There are highly ranked players that are pretty much locks at this point. They are taking their time and the coaches encourage them to do this. Most want their day by announcing and nobody is going to tell them to rush.

3. You can complain all day , but you are wasting your time in panic mode. We will finish strong. We have SEVEN months to do this.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes. Still need a certain amount of top end speed to be successful, and I have a feeling that number is above 4.8. I'm not saying everyone needs a 4.4, but atleast a 4.69.

No, you don't. You can't just make up parameters to fit your argument.

There are plenty of ways to be successful, as a WR, without being really fast. This is assuming that the forty time is even correct, which odds are it isn't.

No, you don't. You can't just make up parameters to fit your argument.

There are plenty of ways to be successful, as a WR, without being really fast. This is assuming that the forty time is even correct, which odds are it isn't.

I don't consider that a made up parameter, perhaps a WR can be successful with a forty time slightly over 4.7, but 4.79 is slow as hell.

True it could be wrong, but you know if this kid committed to us, there would be 500 people complaining that we just signed the slowest WR in America.

True, but you know if this kid committed to us, there would be 500 people complaining that we just signed the slowest WR in America.

Doubt it. When we signed Bray, he had a 5.5 ish forty time. People found excuses then.

But as I've said, 40 times are the most overrated stat available. Not even factoring in the discrepancies regarding the actual run (wind aided, wrong techniques, bad day, injured, hand timed, laser timed, flat surface, big dinner, etc..) they really show nothing about the actual player. As a WR, he could be extremely shifty, run perfect routes, be very physical, lack stamina and he would be fine with a sub 5 forty.

This is all hypothetical. I've not looked at this recruit.

Doubt it. When we signed Bray, he had a 5.5 ish forty time. People found excuses then.

But as I've said, 40 times are the most overrated stat available. Not even factoring in the discrepancies regarding the actual run (wind aided, wrong techniques, bad day, injured, hand timed, laser timed, flat surface, big dinner, etc..) they really show nothing about the actual player. As a WR, he could be extremely shifty, run perfect routes, be very physical, lack stamina and he would be fine with a sub 5 forty.

This is all hypothetical. I've not looked at this recruit.

Brays a QB, noone cares what he runs. This guy is a WR, he should be the fastest guy on the offense.

I saw the same conversations this time last year about vandy out recruiting us..

Then, I am pretty sure we won the game and the recruiting battle. And that game was with one hell of an injured list.

But now this year we should be scared? :eek:lol:

They have done a pretty good job of getting people to talk about them, but talk don't win football games... just sayin

3 of our commits still aren't rated on Rivals. They are going downhill fast.

If you watch closely, you can literally see the talent oozing out of their bodies. Rivals better rate them before they are stuck playing intramurals at ETSU.

SIAP

Comments from ESPN:

A native of Colorado, Skipper is rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com, ESPN.com and 247Sports.com. ESPN.com views Skipper’s unusual size as an asset for an offensive tackle.
“Coupled with his long frame and playing strength, Skipper is able to gain and maintain an advantage when run blocking,” wrote ESPN.com in a scouting report. “He has the size and athleticism for the offensive tackle position. His frame should easily support added bulk over time. We see good flexibility playing out of a three-point stance.”

Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to Clay Travis on Twitter, Vandy picked up a 4 star WR tonight. Picked Vandy over UT, and several other big time programs.

You can stop trolling any time now. TN is in on some great WRs this class too. You know how hard TN actually went after this guy?

Btw, when a recruit is from Florida, you shouldn't say TN is the first school he chose over. He didn't pick his home state schools. They are the ones that should have got him right? You know, protect your borders and all.

LSU and Alabama played in the NC game last year.

Florida, Georgia, and Texas A&M have the best in state talent in the nation.

We are coming off back to back losing seasons. Would seventh really be that bad?

You showed 1-5. Who's number six? Could make a difference in my response.

VN Store

Back