New Commit

The gap has decreased based purely on the ability to fill our scholarship numbers.

Now that were are at full schollies, or close to it, the quantity of their quality is rising faster than ours. So long story short, they are getting more better players than we are.

I'm not saying we will, but this will be our best opportunity in many years to beat Bama, Florida, and Georgia with the talent we have accumulated over the last few years.

I'm not saying we will, but this will be our best opportunity in many years to beat Bama, Florida, and Georgia with the talent we have accumulated over the last few years.

True. But that is due to filling out scholarships with more talented players rather than getting better talent than other teams.

This is incorrect. Although there still is a substantial talent gap, it has only decreased since Dooley has been HC.

That is incorrect. If you think you are correct, you didn't know wth was going on for several years, including when we lost on our home turf to them.

Some of you are freakin' lunatics. How people lose their mind over recruiting before the season even starts is beyond me. I don't really care how many stars a guy has as long as he can play and win. I don't care where we end up rated in recruiting rankings if we end up highly ranked on the football field. Winning on the field is what matters. If Dooley continues to fail there after this year, then the *****ing can begin.

That is incorrect. If you think you are correct, you didn't know wth was going on for several years, including when we lost on our home turf to them.

You are incorrect about my correctness, I can't help you if you think otherwise and I would be wasting my time if I tried to correct you.

You are incorrect about my correctness, I can't help you if you think otherwise and I would be wasting my time if I tried to correct you.

Vandy has more NFL players from Cutlers team than the team UT put on the field, iirc. If not, it's close, and thats not much of a talent gap.

The only teams who are truly out recruiting us when it comes to "studs" would be Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Texas A&M. Ironically 3 of these teams are located in the top 3 states in the nation when it comes to producing talent, and the fourth team is the defending NC.

Yet, we still don't know why our coach isn't out recruiting these teams? Are you just trying to be difficult at this point?

He is naturally gifted at being :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
:( You mad because we are tired of being out recruited by god forsaken Vanderbilt? News flash, we are Tennessee. We shouldn't be recruiting like Jacksonville State.

We are? Did they finish higher than us last year when they were winning the June-July recruiting battle? No, they didn't. You have no idea what you are talking about. Traffic...play in it.

Damn right. Ever body better recognize.

Haha. Sorry about that. It was actually in response to teriperdigo's post you replied to. For one fleeting moment I was able to be a grammar nazi...what I thought would be a euphoric and never ending feeling-was woefully lame. I am ashamed.

Wasn't Charles McRae like 6'9 or something back in the day?
That's the tallest O lineman I can remember.
Makes you wonder how well he can move at that height.

and he was TERRIBLE. The ball would be snapped and he would engage the offensive lineman and run in place--he couldn't not move or shake a block. The coaches moved him to offense and he became one of the best college OTs in the country. Can't remember if he had a pro career or not.

Welcome to Rocky Top Mr. Skinner, damn glad to have you, disregard the nay sayers, or better yet shove it up their ---. GO VOLS

and he was TERRIBLE. The ball would be snapped and he would engage the offensive lineman and run in place--he couldn't not move or shake a block. The coaches moved him to offense and he became one of the best college OTs in the country. Can't remember if he had a pro career or not.

I believe he did with the Vikings.

Where are people getting this idea that we are being outrecruited by Vandy anyway? From recruiting sites? Looking at a couple, it seems as if they have Vandy ahead of us based solely on them having a few more commits. It's not about quality, it's quantity. Big freakin' deal. NSD isn't until Feb. We'll fill our numbers and in the end have better quality than Vandy.

Do you know that he is athletic or are just basing that off of what you have read in this thread so far? Quite frankly, I couldn't give two damns about watching a highlight film of a 3 star lineman from Colorado, who we out recruited Colorado State for.

Do you know that he's NOT athletic?

Talking in absolutes either way is pretty dumb.

According to Clay Travis on Twitter, Vandy picked up a 4 star WR tonight. Picked Vandy over UT, and several other big time programs.

I don't see how this doesn't concern people. Yes, it is June, but the doormat of the SEC is out recruiting us. Yes, it is a while to February, but they seem to have more momentum on the recruiting trail.

VN Store

Back