Recruiting Football Talk VII

Baseball people: what is it that Elander/Vitello doing that has made us so good at hitting and hitting homers? Is it the coaching? Is it just letting the guys play loose and swing? Or have we just stacked the roster with natural-born excellent hitters?
Juiced bats

Here's a question... For 2024 only... If you had to choose between:

Mathews and Staley

Or

Webb and Nimrod

Who we taking? Honestly kind of surprised both those guys are still here. Even though I respect it.
Tricky. What about a different combo?

I'm definitely taking Matthews.

Webb has a ton of potential he just hasn't produced at a high level yet. Nimrod might be the least physically gifted but he's got the most production. In limited action be made quite a few plays and Milton liked targeting him towards the end of the season. Staley will be a great player but idk if I'm taking him over Webb or Nimrod just yet.

Wish me luck today. Having to plant flowers, put weed barrier, mulch and rock in the front yard today. Gonna need a few modelos to survive
1,775,000 yard pins. Worst part is accounting for how much rock.

Water, till, plant. Weed fabric, beer. Rock, beer.

Next?

Reactions: mrMet
I hear you. I've redone all the landscaping and made a garden without the use of power tools or heavy equipment.
Broken oak handled mattocks, and post hole digger. Thank you God for fiberglass.

Limestone and clay🤦🏼‍♂️ Edit: Use some sense, go to rental place for tilller and or auger.

Last edited:
Broken oak handled mattocks, and post hole digger. Thank you God for fiberglass.

Limestone and clay🤦🏼‍♂️
I don't forget the days of being in TN. We have a nice Sandy Loam here. No rocks. No heavy clays. Can dig to China.

But my lawn was Bermudagrass and I didn't want to chop that up and spread it so I sprayed the garden area about 4 consecutive times and no-tilled it. Just broke up a little spot to plant the seeds. No weeds, no erosion, highly productive garden.

I don't forget the days of being in TN. We have a nice Sandy Loam here. No rocks. No heavy clays. Can dig to China.

But my lawn was Bermudagrass and I didn't want to chop that up and spread it so I sprayed the garden area about 4 consecutive times and no-tilled it. Just broke up a little spot to plant the seeds. No weeds, no erosion, highly productive garden.
sandy loam, out side of being my dream gal😂 what's that like?

getting rhodies, azalea, and camelia to take in the cereal bowl known as clay. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Trial and error.

When we landscaped I literally had to excavate, and replace with peat moss/pine needles/or soil mix.

Alkaline soil sucks.

sandy loam, out side of being my dream gal😂 what's that like?

getting rhodies, azalea, and camelia to take in the cereal bowl known as clay. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Trial and error.
You could just about build a nice sand castle with it. Once the surface is broken you can dig potatoes out by hand. It's the texture people aim for when filling raised beds and pots.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
+100 odds for any player a year out is disgustingly bad value.

An EDGE rusher would have to be a generational talent to go first overall. Pearce is for sure a top 10 pick at this point but no way he goes #1. 14 out of the last 20 have been QBs.
4 of the other 6 were DE’s. I guess it just depends on if the team has a young QB.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Im more concerned (or not) about the future of our roster talent. We need to see better results in recruiting.
We're seemingly on the verge of landing 2 top-10 players. Not sure when the last time (ever) we have done that.

5* wr last year. QBs as follows: 5*, 4*, 5*, potentially another 5* in 2026.

I'd say...we're doing ok 😅 Offensive players have shown no reluctancy

I've seen so many draft people describe Joe Milton as having "prototypical" NFL arm strength. And then you've got people saying he should make the move to tight end.

Joe has top 5 NFL arm strength right now... today. He's not a tight end. I don't personally see him putting it all together to be an NFL QB but it has been weird to see people gloss over his freakish arm talent while pushing AR all the way up the draft boards last year.
AR was as much about ability to escape and be a threat in the run game.

I never understood people thinking AR went high, so regardless of how Joe does his last year, he'd go just as high. They're not that alike. Folks were looking for the next Vick, not Leaf.

I think its interesting. Looks like majority of folks on here think their music sucks, or dont enjoy it.

There, I said it. The Beatles music sucks.😬
Figured you’d love them after John said they were more popular than Jesus. Just needed a poster of Stalin in the background?

VN Store

Back