Recruiting Football Talk VII

I've seen so many draft people describe Joe Milton as having "prototypical" NFL arm strength. And then you've got people saying he should make the move to tight end.

Joe has top 5 NFL arm strength right now... today. He's not a tight end. I don't personally see him putting it all together to be an NFL QB but it has been weird to see people gloss over his freakish arm talent while pushing AR all the way up the draft boards last year.
AR was as much about ability to escape and be a threat in the run game.

I never understood people thinking AR went high, so regardless of how Joe does his last year, he'd go just as high. They're not that alike. Folks were looking for the next Vick, not Leaf.

I think its interesting. Looks like majority of folks on here think their music sucks, or dont enjoy it.

There, I said it. The Beatles music sucks.😬
Figured you’d love them after John said they were more popular than Jesus. Just needed a poster of Stalin in the background?

Watch them give Sanders the top pick 🙄
Give?

Nfl franchises have everything riding on such a pick 😆

But yes SS is a semi-regular favorite, from what I've seen, to be the #1 pick next year. Not new news. Nor is Vegas in the business of handing money away. Just predicting where the GMs

No. It doesn't just depend on that. It depends on that AND on that team not making a trade out of the #1 spot to a team that does need a QB.
Well, sure. But that’s happened like 3 times in 30+ years and twice in the last 22 years.

The Bears did it because they still had a young QB they wanted to see play more, and the Panthers gave up a lot.

We're seemingly on the verge of landing 2 top-10 players. Not sure when the last time (ever) we have done that.

5* wr last year. QBs as follows: 5*, 4*, 5*, potentially another 5* in 2026.

I'd say...we're doing ok 😅 Offensive players have shown no reluctancy
Lets roll!

I've seen so many draft people describe Joe Milton as having "prototypical" NFL arm strength. And then you've got people saying he should make the move to tight end.

Joe has top 5 NFL arm strength right now... today. He's not a tight end. I don't personally see him putting it all together to be an NFL QB but it has been weird to see people gloss over his freakish arm talent while pushing AR all the way up the draft boards last year.
I think it’s because AR was a “true” duel threat. Joe could be but just doesn’t prefer to run. Which to me makes the tight end talk dumb, square peg round hole type of deal. So he’s an incredibly strong, somewhat inaccurate and sometimes entirely misguided, arm. That doesn’t do much in the NFL (see Jamarcus Russell). It took a qb whisperer in huepel to make him serviceable for us. It will take that and then some to have him able to read NFL defenses and learn how to tweak his drop back and delivery to deliver a timely and catchable ball. Odds not in his favor but hope for the best for him. He was clearly a joy to be around here and hope he can work his way into sticking around the nfl for a bit (and save his money if he’s smart).

Pearce value 👀

Weak qb class. Beck the only one I’d consider capable of top 5 pick. I guess allar and dart have the tools but I don’t trust them to be graded high enough on everything else to make them a top 5 pick. Maybe why so many went so high this year. If I were a betting man, which luckily I’m not, beck/hunter/pearce are the ones I’m eyeing from that group. Though personally I think it’s quite likely it ends up being an OT not currently on that list.

VN Store

Back