Malpractice use of TOs

We didn't hire Barnes to evolve. We hired him because we were bleeding hiring coaches with potential. We hired him for what he has already brought to the table.

I am sure you are correct and I understand that and if he stabilizes this program and makes 1 NCAA in 3 years he will have done a good job of that and hopefully we can move on.

I don't see an NCAA tourney coming in the next 3 years though

He makes tourneys...you're thinking bout Zo. :)

First two years NIT and nary a word? K :wink2:

First two years NIT and nary a word? K :wink2:

2 years of being on the bubble and 2 NITS would be a very nice feather in Barnes hat.

This years team isn't going to be close to the bubble for sure or an NIT either I don't think

Let's get through the 3 years first...then compare.

You know you don't have to root for this team. You can go somewhere else if you just want to complain. I heard West Virginia is taking some new applications after that win

Reactions: 1 person
You know you don't have to root for this team. You can go somewhere else if you just want to complain. I heard West Virginia is taking some new applications after that win

Apparently a number of fans have done just that.

This time a year ago we were averaging 14k a game. This year barely 13k. A loss of right at 1k per game is sad.

If the post was directed at me then there is no chance I am going anywhere. I attended wade Houston's last game so I damn sure will support Anything vols hoops wise

Apparently a number of fans have done just that.

This time a year ago we were averaging 14k a game. This year barely 13k. A loss of right at 1k per game is sad.

If the post was directed at me then there is no chance I am going anywhere. I attended wade Houston's last game so I damn sure will support Anything vols hoops wise

It's not good, but at the same time, take a look around the SEC. Almost every team not named UK is having attendance problems. If you follow @EmptySeatsGalore on Twitter, a ton of their pictures they tweet are SEC basketball games.

And there you go. The answer to all our problems provided by Bruin and seconded by armchair. Calling a TO will always stop a run and propel you to victory. Who knew it was that simple? :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
It's not good, but at the same time, take a look around the SEC. Almost every team not named UK is having attendance problems. If you follow @EmptySeatsGalore on Twitter, a ton of their pictures they tweet are SEC basketball games.

It's a problem everywhere for sure but hiring a HOF coach should have given a jolt for fan interest. It hasn't at all

We could rehire Tyndall and get that extra 1000 back and then...oh yeah...show cause. :sad:

nothing wrong with Barnes's coaching that a couple 7 footers and 6' 10" 270lb pf wouldn't fix. And a quicker than light pg.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a problem everywhere for sure but hiring a HOF coach should have given a jolt for fan interest. It hasn't at all

In your opinion it should have. It's no guarantee, and if most people thought the team was going to suck regardless of who is coaching (which most did), then it's not surprising there was no jolt.

Miss St. was considered to get an upgrade at coach, and while not a HOF coach, certainly a pretty well known name in Howland with 3 Final Fours. And it hasn't created a jolt down there.

In your opinion it should have. It's no guarantee, and if most people thought the team was going to suck regardless of who is coaching (which most did), then it's not surprising there was no jolt.

Miss St. considered to get an upgrade at coach, and while not a HOF coach, certainly a pretty well known name in Howland with 3 Final Fours. And it hasn't created a jolt down there.

Miss state fans have never cared about hoops.

This fanbase wasn't resigned to the fact this team was going to suck just check the preseason prediction thread

Miss state fans have never cared about hoops.

This fanbase wasn't resigned to the fact this team was going to suck just check the preseason prediction thread

So basically when presented evidence that doesn't fit with your narrative, you simply ignore it? They seemed to care a lot in the 90s when they were winning the SECT and going to the Final Four.

And good lord, we've already gone over the second part.

So basically when presented evidence that doesn't fit with your narrative, you simply ignore it? They seemed to care a lot in the 90s when they were winning the SECT and going to the Final Four.

And good lord, we've already gone over the second part.

Evidence ?

Come on

VN Store

Back