Malpractice use of TOs

Surely you're not questioning Marshall's abilities? If he had the capability of recruiting top 10 talent it would be unreal what he could do. Even at a UK or KU I don't think he'd recruit like they're used to cause his personality doesn't lend him to that. It doesn't matter his conference because WSU plays a great OOC schedule. 5 OOC games vs NCAAT teams is more than a reasonable schedule.

He's way overrated

For a smart guy, you can come up with some dunce views at times.

I'm glad he was turned down by TN. He's a mid-major coach... he's right where he needs to be. He'd fold like a cheap tent in a tough conference. Even Hugh Durham has FFs... all it takes is an NBA quality player with a decent supporting cast that gets hot at the right time. MTSU is whupping MSU right now. Blind squirrels find nuts.

I'm glad he was turned down by TN. He's a mid-major coach... he's right where he needs to be. He'd fold like a cheap tent in a tough conference. Even Hugh Durham has FFs... all it takes is an NBA quality player with a decent supporting cast that gets hot at the right time. MTSU is whupping MSU right now. Blind squirrels find nuts.

That sound is the last bit of credibility you had seeping out of the balloon

Reactions: 1 person
Tubby Smith has a Natty.

Tubby had several 5 stars.
Marshall has a Final 4 with unranked 3 stars and unrated players.
He also has the best record in all of college basketball the last 6 seasons.
Crappy conference but usually plays a decent OOC schedule to keep the RPI up there.

Crappy conference but usually plays a decent OOC schedule to keep the RPI up there.

The WSU FF team also lost to Cuonzo. Piled up wins in a bad conference and rode Cleanthony to 4 consecutive NCAAT wins.

Wouldn't call it a crappy conference. In truth very comparable to the sec the past few years

Just slightly behind us the past 5 years

Last edited:

Except MTSU has 2 tourney bids in 15 years. Marshall has probably 10 in that time frame. It's not just the F4 run. He was a basket away from beating UK the next year, made a SW16 run last year and is positioned for a good run this year.

Agree to disagree

I think ford would be top 2-3 coaches in the cusa.

Btw what about that start for middle in the tourney?

I don't care for middle and I've got MSU in my bracket but I like seeing upsets and don't care for MSU either. My employer is based 20 min north of Lansing so I kind of like seeing them get bent out of shape lol.

Wouldn't call it a crappy conference. In truth very comparable to the sec the past few years

Just slightly behind us the past 5 years

Exactly the Mizzou Valley is easily on par with the SEC. That's embarrassing. Northern Iowa has been solid the last 5 years and has some big wins on their resume.

Cuonzo who had 3 NBA players on his roster?
They weren't all NBA caliber players on the same year. Josh came into his own during our Sweet 16 run, but was basically a defender before his senior year. Stokes struggles against long, athletic big men, which is why he is still in the NBA D-League. Jordan McRae didn't even start a conference game his Sophomore year because he was beat out by Skylar McBee. McRae eventually came onto his own during SEC play of his junior year.

NBA players:
Josh Richardson by his senior year
McRae by SEC play of his junior year
Stokes is still in the D-League and hasn't gotten a chance since Memphis gave him a shot but Stokes did a lot better when he had Maymon to take off the double teams.

Stop acting like we were stacked with talent. The accusation is kind of silly. And we had ZERO depth beyond those players.

They weren't all NBA caliber players on the same year. Josh came into his own during our Sweet 16 run, but was basically a defender before his senior year. Stokes struggles against long, athletic big men, which is why he is still in the NBA D-League. Jordan McRae didn't even start a conference game his Sophomore year because he was beat out by Skylar McBee. McRae eventually came onto his own during SEC play of his junior year.

NBA players:
Josh Richardson by his senior year
McRae by SEC play of his junior year
Stokes is still in the D-League and hasn't gotten a chance since Memphis gave him a shot but Stokes did a lot better when he had Maymon to take off the double teams.

Stop acting like we were stacked with talent. The accusation is kind of silly. And we had ZERO depth beyond those players.

We had 3 players on one team who were drafted. Period. That's more than probably 80% of the other 320 D-1 programs. Of course a SO Josh Richardson wasn't as polished as a SR Josh Richardson. The skill set was still there it just had to be refined and developed. We had more raw talent than Wichita State has ever had, give me a break.

VN Store

Back