Looks like UT has got a three headed recruiting monster

agreed - comparison of interest is a joke

we have 2 4 star commitments now - both of which are in state

i think this staff will recruit fine - just like the last staff did - but I don't see any recruiting upgrade from a big 3 of Hinshaw,LT, and Sirmon to Hinshaw,Sal, and Ansley nor is there any evidence of an upgrade to date

both staffs could recruit just fine - that is not the problem

also everyone is talking about how your giving these guys a pass at this point b/c we went 5-7 last year - which i wouldnt disagree with - but its pretty easy to make the argument that being in the act of going 5-7 and then losing multiple asst coaches right around signing day can make recruiting hard too - and i would say that is at least as hard as starting to recruit once the dust has settled on a bad season

So it's a joke that more highly rated kids are visiting, showing interest, and we have more aggressive recruiters after coming off a 2nd straight losing season with 7 coaches gone? Someone is doing something right to be able to generate this much buzz around what is perceived as an unstable program.

So it's a joke that more highly rated kids are visiting, showing interest, and we have more aggressive recruiters after coming off a 2nd straight losing season with 7 coaches gone? Someone is doing something right to be able to generate this much buzz around what is perceived as an unstable program.

its not a joke that this is happening - the joke is that people think it is that much different than what was happening last year

many people that followed recruiting last year had us at 10-15 in the country b/c of all the people we were in on - a couple lost out at the last minute and we ended up lower but still with a great class

I think next year will prove the same - we will be in on a lot of good prospects and close with a good class - just like 2009-2010-2011-2012

Reactions: 1 person

and if you don't think this program was unstable when LT was still here in November through February you are crazy

its not a joke that this is happening - the joke is that people think it is that much different than what was happening last year

many people that followed recruiting last year had us at 10-15 in the country b/c of all the people we were in on - a couple lost out at the last minute and we ended up lower but still with a great class

I think next year will prove the same - we will be in on a lot of good prospects and close with a good class - just like 2009-2010-2011-2012

Last year's class had a lot of deficiencies. This time last year everyone was in panic mode because of the lack of interest. Luckily, we landed Patterson there at the end due to Hinshaw. Last year also proved how Thompson was an average recruiter as he could not close the deal. There is no lack of recruiting buzz regarding us this year. We lead for Hatcher, Latham, Ellis, Gray Jr., Bradley, T. Johnson, the NJ OL (forgot his name) and are in good or great shape for guys like Miles, Walker, Green, Dye, Garner, Devine, Crayton, Hill, Turman, Neal, Lawson, Henry, Grey, Ramsey, Herron, Kamara, and there are about 10 others that have us in their top group.

They havent done anything yet like the other one said Vandy is out recruiting us now, lets wait and see at NSD then we will see how good they are hope you are right.

Last year's class had a lot of deficiencies. This time last year everyone was in panic mode because of the lack of interest. Luckily, we landed Patterson there at the end due to Hinshaw. Last year also proved how Thompson was an average recruiter as he could not close the deal. There is no lack of recruiting buzz regarding us this year. We lead for Hatcher, Latham, Ellis, Gray Jr., Bradley, T. Johnson, the NJ OL (forgot his name) and are in good or great shape for guys like Miles, Walker, Green, Dye, Garner, Devine, Crayton, Hill, Turman, Neal, Lawson, Henry, Grey, Ramsey, Herron, Kamara, and there are about 10 others that have us in their top group.

last year's class did not have a lot of deficiencies

Also to say we lead for some of those guys is misleading

Hatcher (top 5, specifically says he has no leader) - http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/140929-13-ky-de-jason-hatcher-11.html

Latham (says its open, were in top 3, but no mention of leading) - http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/154779-13-dt-darius-latham-8.html

Ellis (no mention of leader, in top 2) - http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/157792-13-la-db-noel-ellis-3.html

again - i am not saying this staff can't recruit - i am just saying the ability seems about the same as the last staff's - which is good - and they are benefiting on early commitments from this being an excellent year on in state talent (at least the higher ranked early commitments)

I really liked our class last year. Missing out on the two lb's in the end hurt but that was a good class.

I agree with you SCvol333 how can you say how good they are and this is there first year together. I know its May but look what the elite SEC teams are already doing dont know if we can play catch up with the elite do you.

Evaluating the "buzz" around the number or quality of prospects right now as fine I guess.

Taking it much past that is guessing.

Agreed. It's easy to recruit players when Nick Saban is your HC. That's why I was worried about how well Sal can recruit when he's not recruiting for Saban and Bama.
Dooley seems to recruit well as does Jimbo Fisher. I don't think Kiffin would have hired LT if he was as terrible as 75 makes him out to be. I think LT might have lost his focus or motivation with everything going on in and around the program. I think Sal will be fine. But yes recruiting for Saban ain't a bad gig, I wouldn't call it easy. I would venture to guess there is quite a bit of pressure involved.

last year's class did not have a lot of deficiencies

Also to say we lead for some of those guys is misleading

Hatcher (top 5, specifically says he has no leader) - http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/140929-13-ky-de-jason-hatcher-11.html

Latham (says its open, were in top 3, but no mention of leading) - http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/154779-13-dt-darius-latham-8.html

Ellis (no mention of leader, in top 2) - http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/157792-13-la-db-noel-ellis-3.html

again - i am not saying this staff can't recruit - i am just saying the ability seems about the same as the last staff's - which is good - and they are benefiting on early commitments from this being an excellent year on in state talent (at least the higher ranked early commitments)

It didn't? Missed out on the LBs, didn't sign 1 OL, and the best RB we signed was recruited by a lot of schools at a different position. I would say that's deficient.

And I don't think anyone will disagree that this staff is much more aggressive on the recruiting trail. They offered earlier and more often than prior years, they have a lot of good buzz in recruiting compared to last year at this time, and they for the most part they are either young (Ansley, Hinshaw, and Graham) or act like they're jacked up on mountain dew (Sal and Pittman). Early indications look as if the staff overall relates better to not only recruits but to this team and that's according to former players like Buck Fitzgerald and others.

And I don't think anyone will disagree that this staff is much more aggressive on the recruiting trail. They offered earlier and more often than prior years, they have a lot of good buzz in recruiting compared to last year at this time, and they for the most part they are either young (Ansley, Hinshaw, and Graham) or act like they're jacked up on mountain dew (Sal and Pittman). Early indications look as if the staff overall relates better to not only recruits but to this team and that's according to former players like Buck Fitzgerald and others.
Maybe because they actually want to be here or that this may be a resume building year for them if things go south?

Vandy is out recruiting UT right now....just sayin'

In bowling maybe but not football. No one has signed on the dotted line yet and there is a long time to go until national signing day. If Franklin has another competitive year, he's gone and so goes Vandy.

Of that group, I wish we would have kept Sirmon. The other ones were deficient in recruiting and some even in coaching. That falls on Dooley, and hopefully with 5 very good recruiters added he has corrected it.

You guys who say CLT was deficient in recruiting have forgotten how he held the class together whem Kiffhole bolted.

You guys who say CLT was deficient in recruiting have forgotten how he held the class together whem Kiffhole bolted.

It's standard operating procedure on this site. The current coaches are always the greatest thing since sliced bread, and anyone who leaves sucks.

VN Store

Back