Looks like UT has got a three headed recruiting monster

LT is a former recruiter of the year - it is safe to say the guy could recruit and was an excellent asst coach - also Hinshaw was still on that staff

so hinshaw, sirmon, LT would make a 3 headed monster last time i checked

i like ansley and think he has potential but there is no comparison between his resume and LT's - recruiting or otherwise

LT played off Saban. He was an average recruiter that never closed the deal consistently. And Thompson is a very underwhelming D-line coach as well. And Pittman and Graham wasn't even brought up originally but there's no comparison to them from the last staff, which again fell on Dooley.

Vandy is out recruiting UT right now....just sayin'

In avg star ratings or numbers? They can have all the numbers they want right now.. We won't fall short of our limit.. It's avg star rating that is the only form of measuring stick this early, and even that can change a lot.

Reactions: 1 person
Any recruiting accomplishments while working as an underling to Saban have to be heavily discounted.
Makes it easier for sure but I do believe Sal is the real deal as far as recruiting goes as was LT and I don't sell DD short either.

Of that group, I wish we would have kept Sirmon. The other ones were deficient in recruiting and some even in coaching. That falls on Dooley, and hopefully with 5 very good recruiters added he has corrected it.

I agree Sirmon was a beast on the recruiting trail.
Any head coach is only as good as his assistants. Look at Fulmer, he excelled when he had top notch assistants. He wasn't a great cordinator himself, but a head coach doesn't have to be he just has to be an excellent manager.
Put the right people in place an you will suceed.

I agree Sirmon was a beast on the recruiting trail.
Any head coach is only as good as his assistants. Look at Fulmer, he excelled when he had top notch assistants. He wasn't a great cordinator himself, but a head coach doesn't have to be he just has to be an excellent manager.
Put the right people in place an you will suceed.
at least he was one...

Lance Thompson would back that up. He landed some real stars for Bama. Here, not so much.

LT did well well for Bama recruting in-state. He did well at holding a class together with Chaney bu that is the only kudos I'm throwing his way. Sirmon was legit as I had some first hand experience with him through a friend's family. Overall, looking at the sum of it parts our current recruiting has been upgraded for certain but the black cloud still looms until some quality wins are produced. This will be used against us until we see some x and o production in games to disprove the negative sales pitch..

Please site evidence.

The comparison of interest from guys this year compared to last year, especially coming off a 2nd straight losing season and what seems to be an unstable situation. Pretty impressive, and the territories Ansley has covered is pretty impressive as well as the relationships he is building.

Any recruiting accomplishments while working as an underling to Saban have to be heavily discounted.

Agreed. It's easy to recruit players when Nick Saban is your HC. That's why I was worried about how well Sal can recruit when he's not recruiting for Saban and Bama.

Agreed. It's easy to recruit players when Nick Saban is your HC. That's why I was worried about how well Sal can recruit when he's not recruiting for Saban and Bama.

Sal is crazy on the recruiting trail. I think we have no shot at the #1 recruit but Sal visited him and made him want to visit Knoxville soon. Definitely a guy kids want to play for. A lot of Bama fans have said that he is the exception when saying that they are only good recruiters because of Saban.

The comparison of interest from guys this year compared to last year, especially coming off a 2nd straight losing season and what seems to be an unstable situation. Pretty impressive, and the territories Ansley has covered is pretty impressive as well as the relationships he is building.

The comparison of interest?? We can go to a local coffee shop and talk interest all day long.....what matters is the signed LOI in Feb. Remember, Santos was "interested" in the Vols for a long time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Sal is crazy on the recruiting trail. I think we have no shot at the #1 recruit but Sal visited him and made him want to visit Knoxville soon. Definitely a guy kids want to play for. A lot of Bama fans have said that he is the exception when saying that they are only good recruiters because of Saban.

Hmm I see. Well let's see which of his recruits sign in Feb. From the videos I've seen of him, he's got a lot of energy and passion for what he does.

The comparison of interest?? We can go to a local coffee shop and talk interest all day long.....what matters is the signed LOI in Feb. Remember, Santos was "interested" in the Vols for a long time.

Oh really? Breaking news. This isn't Florida or Texas where we get 10-20 commits by May. The comparison of this year recruits that are highly rated and interested far outweighs last year at this time. Those 3 coaches along with Graham and Pittman have been huge at keeping us in the heads of recruits that have seen what the program has gone through.

Vandy is out recruiting UT right now....just sayin'
:eek:lol::crazy::lolabove: This is hilarious. We go after much better talent than they do. Higher ranked prospects have a lot more choices than the Vandy prospects. If you go after 5 stars, it will take longer to commit them than a 2 star.

I will bet you said the same thing last year. See how that ended.:whistling:

(Does Yankee Vol have a hidden agenda?) huh?

Reactions: 2 people

agreed - comparison of interest is a joke

we have 2 4 star commitments now - both of which are in state

i think this staff will recruit fine - just like the last staff did - but I don't see any recruiting upgrade from a big 3 of Hinshaw,LT, and Sirmon to Hinshaw,Sal, and Ansley nor is there any evidence of an upgrade to date

both staffs could recruit just fine - that is not the problem

also everyone is talking about how your giving these guys a pass at this point b/c we went 5-7 last year - which i wouldnt disagree with - but its pretty easy to make the argument that being in the act of going 5-7 and then losing multiple asst coaches right around signing day can make recruiting hard too - and i would say that is at least as hard as starting to recruit once the dust has settled on a bad season

agreed - comparison of interest is a joke

we have 2 4 star commitments now - both of which are in state

i think this staff will recruit fine - just like the last staff did - but I don't see any recruiting upgrade from a big 3 of Hinshaw,LT, and Sirmon to Hinshaw,Sal, and Ansley nor is there any evidence of an upgrade to date

both staffs could recruit just fine - that is not the problem

also everyone is talking about how your giving these guys a pass at this point b/c we went 5-7 last year - which i wouldnt disagree with - but its pretty easy to make the argument that being in the act of going 5-7 and then losing multiple asst coaches right around signing day can make recruiting hard too - and i would say that is at least as hard as starting to recruit once the dust has settled on a bad season

The last staff was not good recruiters outside of Sirmon and Hinshaw. You had two great recruiters and average to awful ones. Now you have Sal, Hinshaw, Ansley, Graham, and Pittman.

VN Store

Back