Looks like UT has got a three headed recruiting monster

Pittman was certainly an upgrade recruiting wise over heistand, look up his history recruiting ol at unc. And graham was certainly an upgrade over a grad assistant. Sunseri is prob a better recruiter than Wilcox. Ansley is prob not the equal of Joseph in recruiting but may be better as a coach. So for the most part a reasonable person could surmise we have the potential to be a bit better, but the evidence won't be in til February.

Pittman was certainly an upgrade recruiting wise over heistand, look up his history recruiting ol at unc. And graham was certainly an upgrade over a grad assistant. Sunseri is prob a better recruiter than Wilcox. Ansley is prob not the equal of Joseph in recruiting but may be better as a coach. So for the most part a reasonable person could surmise we have the potential to be a bit better, but the evidence won't be in til February.

Ansley is outworking Hinshaw in recruiting, that should tell you all you need to know. He has been relentless.

Ansley is outworking Hinshaw in recruiting, that should tell you all you need to know. He has been relentless.

He may well be, but I have seen no evidence of it..quite the contrary.. CP

funny how when they are here they are great recruiters (specifically Sirmon, LT, TJoseph)

and when they leave its like they knew nothing about recruiting and these new guys are superman

i like em but come on

I think most thought TJoseph was not a very good recruiter, at least i thought he was at the wrong end of the recruiting list. I thought LT and Sirmon were pretty good recruiters.

In Sal, Hinshaw, and Ansley. The surprising thing is Ansley may be the best of all three. I absolutely hated this about the last staff, and I am glad Dooley addressed a glaring error he made before in this respect. Hopefully, he learns and corrects other errors as well.

Idk Sirmon was a beast in recruiting, I'll give you Wilcox sucked at recruiting and Sal is def an upgrade though. I def like Ansley though.

What would really help go 9 and 3 and keep the staff in tact for a couple of seasons, then we will get back to the top again.

I think most thought TJoseph was not a very good recruiter, at least i thought he was at the wrong end of the recruiting list. I thought LT and Sirmon were pretty good recruiters.

Not sure why you'd say that about TJoseph. Some questioned his technical expertise as a DB coach, but the man recruited very well. Players and parents really liked him.

If you can't recruit in the SEC you will not be around for all....CDD needs to up his game; finishing mid-pack (7th/8th) in the SEC is the slow death.

That is great news. I can't believe that we have been able replace great coaches and recruiters year after year after year with better coaches and recruiters. I can't wait to hear how much better the new coaches next year will be than the ones we have now. Every off-season we get to see how much better things are with the new coaches.

This is just not correct. In fact, exactly the opposite. Most thought TJoseph was a suspect coach. He was known for his ability to recruit.

Hinshaw has proven to be better than a lot of people thought he would be.

Sal has a great track record, but he hasn't really had time to show what he can do here.

Ansley is a question mark. Recruits seem to like him, but let's go through a cycle before crowning him as anything other than a
potentially great recruiter.

Jay Graham is the best recruiter of the new hires.

Didn't he pull in lattamore at USCe?

You can't compare Graham to a grad asst - you have to compare him to the other paid asst coach

every staff has guys that focus on recruiting and those that don't - noone is going to hang their hat on Coiner, Cheney, Conklin, and Palermo

so they mention the ones that are good recruiters and expect everyone to think they are the first assts in the history of UT football that can recruit

Didn't he pull in lattamore at USCe?

Coach Graham recruited Lattimore and coached Lattimore. I'm good with all the new coaches, but I think he and Coach Ansley with a dedicated safety coach will raise the level of play by both running backs and defensive backs. Can Sal coach linebackers? Well, yeah. The competition will be tough, but Tennessee should have the right stuff this year to get our share of wins.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back