Looks like UT has got a three headed recruiting monster

If we keep this staff past this year Hart needs to be fired

Eh, Everything take's time. I'm actually pleased with dooley. Not everyone can handle tennessee fan's led alone the media. But, To be clear. If no process is made with the talent thats put on the fie, Dools has to go.

Vandy fans took thread over

20629118.jpg

Who is LT???? (My bad, Lance Thompson)

That out of the way...

Pittman will be a key for us on the recruiting trail in a big way. While North Carolina doesn't traditionally hammer out big football teams every year (they haven't, in fact, since the year my high school marching band played at the Gator Bowl, when North Carolina beat Virginia Tech, 42-3. This was back in the Mack Brown days), they always have very talented players go to school there, particularly on defense. North Carolina traditionally recruits well instate as well as in the states of Virginia, Georgia, and South Carolina. One of Pittman's recent recruits was Quinton Coples, a DE who was taken in the first round of this year's NFL Draft by the New York Jets. There have been other players in recent years that have come out of Chapel Hill, but hell, with all the meds I'm on, I'm lucky if I can remember to wear clothes from day to day.

The point is, if we can get a foothold in those three states, as they both are hot beds for football players, we would be in great shape. Our main competition in this area would come from Virginia Tech, Virginia, UNC, NC State, Clemson, South Carolina, and Georgia, but I think right now with our depth still building up and with the prospect of losing Bray, Hunter, and Rogers after this season to the NFL Draft, we could always sell the story of, "Well, you will get playing time right away if you come to Tennessee." That ploy works all the time, and it can work again if Pittman is as good of a recruiter as everyone says he is.

Last edited:
Who is LT???? (My bad, Lance Thompson)

That out of the way...

Pittman will be a key for us on the recruiting trail in a big way. While North Carolina doesn't traditionally hammer out big football teams every year (they haven't, in fact, since the year my high school marching band played at the Gator Bowl, when North Carolina beat Virginia Tech, 42-3. This was back in the Mack Brown days), they always have very talented players go to school there, particularly on defense. North Carolina traditionally recruits well instate as well as in the states of Virginia, Georgia, and South Carolina. One of Pittman's recent recruits was Quinton Coples, a DE who was taken in the first round of this year's NFL Draft by the New York Jets. There have been other players in recent years that have come out of Chapel Hill, but hell, with all the meds I'm on, I'm lucky if I can remember to wear clothes from day to day.

The point is, if we can get a foothold in those three states, as they both are hot beds for football players, we would be in great shape. Our main competition in this area would come from Virginia Tech, Virginia, UNC, NC State, Clemson, South Carolina, and Georgia, but I think right now with our depth still building up and with the prospect of losing Bray, Hunter, and Rogers after this season to the NFL Draft, we could always sell the story of, "Well, you will get playing time right away if you come to Tennessee." That ploy works all the time, and it can work again if Pittman is as good of a recruiter as everyone says he is.

He played LB for the Giants..

You can't compare Graham to a grad asst - you have to compare him to the other paid asst coach

every staff has guys that focus on recruiting and those that don't - noone is going to hang their hat on Coiner, Cheney, Conklin, and Palermo

so they mention the ones that are good recruiters and expect everyone to think they are the first assts in the history of UT football that can recruit

One can compare whatever one pleases, thank you very much. If you didn't get it I was referring to the effect on recruiting running backs... e.g. ( that means as in or for example by the way) elite prospects at Rb see that they will have a coach now, who has started in the sec. Chaney is irrelevant( means doesn't matter) because he was not replaced. One of your remaining three is a replacement for a special teams coach who left for wash state, pick any of the three above and count as an upgrade. The remainder ( the two coaches left that you mentioned) are a wash at worst and the evidence is not in yet to make an evaluation. LT is the only coach we lost that feels like a loss to me but he wasn't exactly tearing it up here in either coaching or recruiting now was he?

Last edited:
Vandy is out recruiting UT right now....just sayin'

Ridiculous statement. Having a bunch of three and two stars committed does not mean out recruiting. Franklin offers everybody scholarships it's the old throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Doesn't make him a better recruiter. I'll take Dooleys recruiting over any coach in the SEC considering he's getting players and doesn't have a winning record. That tells me if we win nine or ten games we should be a top ten in signing next year.

One can compare whatever one pleases, thank you very much. If you didn't get it I was referring to the effect on recruiting running backs... e.g. ( that means as in or for example by the way) elite prospects at Rb see that they will have a coach now, who has started in the sec. Chaney is irrelevant( means doesn't matter) because he was not replaced. One of your remaining three is a replacement for a special teams coach who left for wash state, pick any of the three above and count as an upgrade. The remainder ( the two coaches left that you mentioned) are a wash at worst and the evidence is not in yet to make an evaluation. LT is the only coach we lost that feels like a loss to me but he wasn't exactly tearing it up here in either coaching or recruiting now was he?

I want to thank you for the education - I was going to Google irrelevant, but now I don't have to - much obliged

as for our current ability to recruit RB - that like most of your other points is completely misguided - we have brought in 5 4 star or higher RB's in the last 4 years - have they developed to their full potential? no and hopefully Jgraham can help with that - but the topic here is recruiting and recruiting RB's has simply not been a problem

I want to thank you for the education - I was going to Google irrelevant, but now I don't have to - much obliged

as for our current ability to recruit RB - that like most of your other points is completely misguided - we have brought in 5 4 star or higher RB's in the last 4 years - have they developed to their full potential? no and hopefully Jgraham can help with that - but the topic here is recruiting and recruiting RB's has simply not been a problem

Where should I guide my points then? The debate is about staffs. Did we upgrade, was it a wash, or was it a downgrade. Those were the points I was discussing. Not the misuse of the word misguided. Your tangent about stars is perplexing to me. We could argue that after we finish this one.

We need an overhaul at offensive line. That's stating the obvious. You're not always going to find backs like Barry Sanders or Gale Sayers who can run on defenses without the aid of a lot of blockers. Most people don't have that kind of elusive speed. So yeah, Dooley needs to be hitting the state for its biggest, most athletic offensive linemen. This works most of the time for Wisconsin and Iowa as they have consistently produced some of the best offensive linemen coming out of college over the years.

VN Store

Back