Looks like UT has got a three headed recruiting monster

tvols75

In Sal, Hinshaw, and Ansley. The surprising thing is Ansley may be the best of all three. I absolutely hated this about the last staff, and I am glad Dooley addressed a glaring error he made before in this respect. Hopefully, he learns and corrects other errors as well.

Reactions: 20 people
Yup, those guys are beasts on the trail. 9 wins this fall and top 10 class, pushing top 5.

The dckheads on this site are about to ruin your positive thread. Good luck!

Reactions: 14 people
In Sal, Hinshaw, and Ansley. The surprising thing is Ansley may be the best of all three. I absolutely hated this about the last staff, and I am glad Dooley addressed a glaring error he made before in this respect. Hopefully, he learns and corrects other errors as well.

more details please. who did they pick up?

For the former staff to have been as bad at recruiting as you allege, they did an ok job.

That said, I wouldn't mind if this current group were world beaters.

Vandy is out recruiting UT right now....just sayin'

I'm not trying to be the D*head here but how did you come to this conclusion. Sal is proven and Hinshaw has had his moments but what has Ainsley done to be given this much respect? I admit I don't keep up with recruiting until closer to Signing Day so I am just curious.

I hate some of the damn posters on here they will bash any post im sorry those are ut's best three recruters and ansley is a beast on the road. and I agree if tennessee has a 8-10 win season this year i do think it will be at least 8, then tennessee is going to blow up this year. hubbs even said that if tennessee wins there are a lot of recruits who will jump on board then and tennessee will close nicely this year i do still look for it to blow up this summer like it always does though june, july, and august are always dooley's best recruiting months

funny how when they are here they are great recruiters (specifically Sirmon, LT, TJoseph)

and when they leave its like they knew nothing about recruiting and these new guys are superman

i like em but come on

Hinshaw has proven to be better than a lot of people thought he would be.

Sal has a great track record, but he hasn't really had time to show what he can do here.

Ansley is a question mark. Recruits seem to like him, but let's go through a cycle before crowning him as anything other than a potentially great recruiter.

Jay Graham is the best recruiter of the new hires.

Reactions: 6 people
I hate some of the damn posters on here they will bash any post im sorry those are ut's best three recruters and ansley is a beast on the road. and I agree if tennessee has a 8-10 win season this year i do think it will be at least 8, then tennessee is going to blow up this year. hubbs even said that if tennessee wins there are a lot of recruits who will jump on board then and tennessee will close nicely this year i do still look for it to blow up this summer like it always does though june, july, and august are always dooley's best recruiting months
That is all well in good but you seem to be basing Ainsley's status on potential. Much like the media is ranking Franklin as a head coach yet they are being "bashed" for doing so. Is it too much to ask to wait until signing day to see how the class ranks and see what Ainsley's contibutions were before we rate his abilities?

what makes these people beast recruiters? Are you basing that on something?

funny how when they are here they are great recruiters (specifically Sirmon, LT, TJoseph)

and when they leave its like they knew nothing about recruiting and these new guys are superman

i like em but come on

Sirmon was a beast, but LT and Joseph were very underwhelming. I will not discredit anything of any prior coaches unless it's factual. So far Ansley is doing more than Joseph ever did, Pittman is doing more than Heistand ever did, and Sal is matching Sirmon's intensity on the trail. I think we can agree with that.

Reactions: 2 people
I for one am glad all those assistants left. I think the group of coaches we have now are much better than before. Dools and company get it done this year. Book it!

Reactions: 1 person
I for one am glad all those assistants left. I think the group of coaches we have now are much better than before. Dools and company get it done this year. Book it!

Of that group, I wish we would have kept Sirmon. The other ones were deficient in recruiting and some even in coaching. That falls on Dooley, and hopefully with 5 very good recruiters added he has corrected it.

Sirmon was a beast, but LT and Joseph were very underwhelming. I will not discredit anything of any prior coaches unless it's factual. So far Ansley is doing more than Joseph ever did, Pittman is doing more than Heistand ever did, and Sal is matching Sirmon's intensity on the trail. I think we can agree with that.

we can also agree that intensity without closings is of no value whatsoever.

Hubbs went out on a limb by stating that winning will help UT's effort...

Reactions: 3 people
we can also agree that intensity without closings is of no value whatsoever.

Valid point, but we are in great shape with a lot that more than likely we close on barring an awful season. Compare this year to this time last year, and the caliber recruits interested this year greatly exceeds anything this time last year.

LT is a former recruiter of the year - it is safe to say the guy could recruit and was an excellent asst coach - also Hinshaw was still on that staff

so hinshaw, sirmon, LT would make a 3 headed monster last time i checked

i like ansley and think he has potential but there is no comparison between his resume and LT's - recruiting or otherwise

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back