Lady Vols Recruiting Info

Are we through recruiting guards. After the commitment of Jackson a combo guard for 2015, I hope we put our focus on Durr or Cooper. I pray we get Durr she has crazy handles, a nasty step back jumper and is defensively reliable. She runs the point now, but would be better utilized as a two guard rather than the one. Since she has no problem creating her own shot. But I was hearing Cooper was leaning more toward the vols since her boyfriend got a scholarship offer to play football for UT. I say we take just one more guard for 2015 unless we get both Cooper and Durr. I know wishful thinking and look for another workhorse like B and another center and call it a year.

I know we all are focusing on the NCAA tourney now and our LVs winning it all (!!!) but I was reading on ESPNW's site and came upon a story about Caliya Robinson, a JR Forward that plays at the same HS in GA with Te'a Cooper. Robinson actually lives with Cooper and the article stated that she would like to go to college where Cooper goes and play bball. Anyone know if UT is recruiting her? If the rumors are true and Te'a is now leaning towards the LVs, I'd love to get this girl to be in orange too! She's the 3rd best Forward in that class as of now (the top forward has already verbally committed to Nebraska) which is a position we definitely will need by then! (and sorry, i know this thread was dead but I didn't know where else to post it!). Anyone have any info on her?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The thread isn't really dead, it's just in hibernation! Like you said, the focus right now is on the NCAAs. But, to answer your question, yes, I believe Caliya Robinson is definitely on the Lady Vol radar. From what I've been hearing, I believe there is mutual interest. Whether that results in her signing with Tennessee, we'll just have to wait and see. There is interest in Ms Robinson from a number of other schools.

I plan to see what information I can gather and will try to update this thread after the tournament.

Jim

Any news on A'ja Wilson? Is she due to commit in early April?

Wilson has officially announced that she will announce her final decision on April 16th, which is the first day of the late signing period. There were thoughts that she might make the call during her appearance in the McDonald's All-American game, but her twitter update ended that...

Wilson has officially announced that she will announce her final decision on April 16th, which is the first day of the late signing period. There were thoughts that she might make the call during her appearance in the McDonald's All-American game, but her twitter update ended that...

Great thanks for the info

I saw that, she did great. Wilson didn't in the dunk contest failed to make even one.

Not a whole lot of changes. Cleaned some things up.

Added Caliya Robinson 6'2" F from the same school as Te'a Cooper. Rumor has it that Cooper and Robinson would like to go to the same program.

Breaking news (other than the Diamond DeShields drama) is De'Janae Boykin has a listed a top five,

"De’Janae Boykin, a 6-foot-3 junior forward from Springdale, Md., wrapped up her visit to the University of Connecticut Sunday. The previous week she made an official visit to Penn State. North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia round out her top five."

Jim

Anyone know anything about Asia Durr? She's a point guard listed as the #1 overall recruit on HoopGurlz for the 2015 class AND she's from Georgia, which has historically been a hotbed for recruiting for us:

"Considering"
Connecticut Huskies
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maryland Terrapins
Duke Blue Devils
Baylor Lady Bears
Tennessee Lady Volunteers

Anyone know anything about Asia Durr? She's a point guard listed as the #1 overall recruit on HoopGurlz for the 2015 class AND she's from Georgia, which has historically been a hotbed for recruiting for us:

"Considering"
Connecticut Huskies
Maryland Terrapins
Duke Blue Devils
Baylor Lady Bears

Not as high on us as Cooper. Everyone on her list seems to be equal at this time. I expect if Cooper commits in June we may not see her become a Lady Vol. They play the same position and even though she is rated a little higher people who have seen them play say they are basically equals. She could easily be a two guard at 5'10" if she wants to come be a Lady Vol. I am expecting if Cooper commits and Deshields transfers we want see her.

If you look at the roster that season.

Graves-Sr.
Moore-Sr.
Jones-Sr.
Reynolds-Jr.
Tucker-Jr.
Russell-Jr.
DeShields-Soph.
Nared-Soph.
Middleton-Soph.
Dunbar-Soph.
Cooper-Fr.
Robinson-Fr.
Me Me Jackson-Fr.

Add one more post player have no idea who that would be were in on several.

Cooper Tape

Te'a Cooper: 40/40 Lucas Combine - YouTube

Durr Tape

Asia Durr The TOTAL PACKAGE AAU Mixtape! - YouTube

Last edited:

"Considering"
Connecticut Huskies
Maryland Terrapins
Duke Blue Devils
Baylor Lady Bears
Asia Durr attends St. Pius X same school Kelley Cain attended. She plays point, but her natural position is the shooting guard. The lefty is offensively gifted: she has a deadly crossover, killer step back jumper, and can pass the ball with ease. In my opinion she is better than Cooper offensively. However, she can improve on the defensive end.

Here is an aau game of her's from this past weekend: 25 in white
PSB PreSeason Shootout Championship: Georgia Pistols Martin vs. Team Elite Pointer - YouTube

Last edited:
IF Diamond DeShields transfers to Tennessee, would she not have to sit out the 2014-2015 season AND lose one year of eligibility, making her a junior in 2015-2016?

AND Jannah Tucker has not played, but took a redshirt in 2014, making her a redshirt frosh in 2014-2015. (Edit for addendum)

Last edited:
I don't think she loses the year of eligibility but would/could if she transferred to an ACC school.

IF Diamond DeShields transfers to Tennessee, would she not have to sit out the 2014-2015 season AND lose one year of eligibility, making her a junior in 2015-2016?

I would think she would have 3 years of eligibility left after sitting out next year, so 2015-16 she would be a sophomore.

I would think she would have 3 years of eligibility left after sitting out next year, so 2015-16 she would be a sophomore.

Unless NCAA Women's Basketball rules are different than all other sports, DeShields will lose a year of eligibility wherever she transfers. Transferring in or out of conference has to do with how soon she can receive financial aid. (Edit for grammar)

Deshields will have four years to play three. All players have five years to play four when they come out of high school. She will sit out a redshirt year and have three years to play three making her a sophomore.

Deshields will have four years to play three. All players have five years to play four when they come out of high school. She will sit out a redshirt year and have three years to play three making her a sophomore.

This is correct. Transferring does not cost a year of eligibility if the player has never redshirted.

Asia Durr attends St. Pius X same school Kelley Cain attended. She plays point, but her natural position is the shooting guard. The lefty is offensively gifted: she has a deadly crossover, killer step back jumper, and can pass the ball with ease. In my opinion she is better than Cooper offensively. However, she can improve on the defensive end.

Here is an aau game of her's from this past weekend: 25 in white
PSB PreSeason Shootout Championship: Georgia Pistols Martin vs. Team Elite Pointer - YouTube
I think Cooper is gonna commit in June if it is Tennessee don't know where that leaves us with Durr especially if DeShields transfers to Tennessee. We will certainly take her would be up to her and how she feels about the roster. At the present time she doesn't seem to even have a favorite among the six teams on her list.

Yes we will have to wait until June to know where Cooper is going since that's when the show she's going to be on will finally air on TV.

We need more Bigs i know we are after Kalani Brown, Erin DeGrate ,Teaira McCowan and so are a lot of other schools. Ashley Hearn has us on her top nine list but i'm not sure if we're recruiting her.

Yes we will have to wait until June to know where Cooper is going since that's when the show she's going to be on will finally air on TV.

We need more Bigs i know we are after Kalani Brown, Erin DeGrate ,Teaira McCowan and so are a lot of other schools. Ashley Hearn has us on her top nine list but i'm not sure if we're recruiting her.

Robinson and Brown will fill our need for bigs quite well.

We need another big who knows how to score. Russell knows how to score some--but our astute coaches apparently didn't want her to shoot anything other than uncontested layups. Can't figure out our coaching.

VN Store

Back