Lady Vols Recruiting Info

Speaking of Asia Durr. Coach Elzy posted one of her cryptic tweets that she was in Georgia Friday night. Possibly to see Asia play? They had a game that night.
I know a woman whose son goes to St Pius( where Asia goes to school) and she was sitting 1 row behind Holly so I think both were there

These rankings are ridiculous. How can you be #6 in one list and #43 in another? That is a big difference.

While yes it is crazy, its just a part of ranking. It happens in football and men's as well.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Same thing happened to Nared..she was a top 5 player by one, and in the 20s-40s by others. It all depends on who you know and who promotes you on how high or low a player is ranked by a service.

Reactions: 1 person
There is a lot of subjectivity in player ratings/rankings. Let's say there are 2-5, genuine can't miss prospects. After that you might have 20 good/very good players who could be ranked in just about any order. And after that 25 there are probably another 40 players with the same general talent level that could be ranked very differently. You are also ranking players who play different positions, different levels of competition, etc. There is a lot of subjectivity.

I know which ratings services are most reliable in football, but which ones are best in women's basketball? I bet the resources are so thin that very little time has been spent observing these girls.

I know which ratings services are most reliable in football, but which ones are best in women's basketball? I bet the resources are so thin that very little time has been spent observing these girls.

It honestly depends on which school you go for. Some services cater more to certain schools over others (ASGR). I don't think there is a strictly unbiased service out there. I always tended to look at ESPN, until they stopped and ProspectsNation came around. BlueStar is usually pretty good.

And Don't forget the shoe contracts - because that impacts who gets invited to which shoe summer camp and of course we know the importance of wearing the appropriate shoes are significant to some 17-18 year olds in picking their schools. (if only I were jesting)

Blue Star in the past was strongly bias regarding shoes and particular coaches they liked. and there was green stuff exchanged in the AAU tourneys. Obviously, very prevalent in the men's game.

Reactions: 2 people
And Don't forget the shoe contracts - because that impacts who gets invited to which shoe summer camp and of course we know the importance of wearing the appropriate shoes are significant to some 17-18 year olds in picking their schools. (if only I were jesting)

Blue Star in the past was strongly bias regarding shoes and particular coaches they liked. and there was green stuff exchanged in the AAU tourneys. Obviously, very prevalent in the men's game.
That is why I think the move to the swoosh is so important in men's & women's hoops recruiting it open's doors especially in AAU and other camps. Now I suspect that the Lady Vols were able to over come that somewhat in the past like UCLA or Kansas on the men's side but now it throws them open.

it's the coaching staff that must analyze players and decide who is right for a particular program regardless of what the rating services say. They know the politics involved in rating.

Reactions: 1 person
If she has the grades, one player I hope we're keeping an eye on is Memphis Oakhaven's Derica Wiggins, a 5-7 senior guard. I think she could be a late steal for some major program during the spring signing period.

Though unranked nationally, Wiggins is a phenomenal scorer who's averaging 33.5 points, 6.3 steals, 5 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game while hitting 66% from the field, including 54% on 3-pointers.
Derica Wiggins' (Memphis, TN) High School Girls Basketball Stats

Wiggins is a true gym rat who's doing well in the classroom, according to this report:
The Scoring Machine - One News Page VIDEO

:eek:hmy: datgum!! Somebody at UT should be all over this girl who's average is 33.5 a game?? Holly needs to scoot on down to Mempfo & check this out.

i can never understand what the brand of shoes has to do with a free college education,but it does for some,sigh,I must be getting old :crazy:

Players I hope we get commitments from soon are power forward and a center. I think were fine at the guard position but still hope we get Durr or Cooper. Players I am looking at and hoping are 6'4" and taller top twenty players. If you look at guard we have Massengale, Carter three more years, Reynolds three more years, Middleton four years all are point guards. Tucker four more years, Nared four more years, Jones two more years, Burdick one more year. So the perimeter looks fine with Me Me coming and one more point guard. We need some posts big strong type players at least two in the 2015 class.

JMO I think her favorite right now however slightly is North Carolina. That could change but she seems to be leaning slightly in their direction.
North Carolina is basically out. From what I have heard It is between us, UCONN, and South Carolina, with South Carolina being the favorite

Is this old news or new news? I didn't see any talk about it, so my guess is I missed the discussion or no one knew or maybe everyone is just more focused on the 2014 class and not the 2015 class.

Blackman standout commits to Tennessee Lady Vols

I read about her commitment somewhere in these LVs threads the other day. It's great to have another standout player from the state of TN to come & help build & maintain the program that's already been established here. I hope she & the other girls coming into the program for next year will explode in confidence & prove that their playing time will show that they belong in Holly's system. Go Lady Vols.

North Carolina is basically out. From what I have heard It is between us, UCONN, and South Carolina, with South Carolina being the favorite

She must be speaking highly favorable of their program the last few days to throw people off track. She has been watching every game they play not the same for Tennessee or UConn. She has watched SC quite a few times and more visits than you can count.

she called me again last night, hated telling her I didn't need a bgffl. hope she recovers.

go ladyvols!

She must be speaking highly favorable of their program the last few days to throw people off track. She has been watching every game they play not the same for Tennessee or UConn. She has watched SC quite a few times and more visits than you can count.

Oh great thanks for the info. I had not heard about her high interest in UNC

Anyone know if we're after Chassity Carter? she's also from Tennessee and is from the same 2016 class with Dangerfield.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back