Lady Vols Recruiting Info

I still believe that Wilson is a south Carolina lean so i think it's now time to start focusing on the 2015 class starting with Asia Durr.

Last edited:
Just wanted to ask this two questions: Is Mulkey really the only recruit they're going after in that 2016 class though and Are they not looking at crystal Dangerfield?

Last edited:
Tenn has been recruiting Durr for a while now. I believe the coaches have already had an in-home with her and her family, as has Geno. It's being reported on a Georgia board that with the committment of Nurse, that UConn is pretty much out of it with Durr. They are saying that she's Andy's to loose at the moment. They're also saying that Tucker coming in will hurt TN's chances, and they're counting us out as well! I say it's WAY to early to be claiming insight into who lands any 2015 recruits! It was nice to see A'ja Wilson tweeting during the game last night about how great Graves is!

Reactions: 1 person
Tenn has been recruiting Durr for a while now. I believe the coaches have already had an in-home with her and her family, as has Geno. It's being reported on a Georgia board that with the committment of Nurse, that UConn is pretty much out of it with Durr. They are saying that she's Andy's to loose at the moment. They're also saying that Tucker coming in will hurt TN's chances, and they're counting us out as well! I say it's WAY to early to be
claiming insight into who lands any 2015 recruits! It was nice to see A'ja Wilson
tweeting during the game last night about
how great Graves is!

Tucker is not at all a point guard, correct, so I don't know why she would affect Durr's decision.

Since Durr and Tucker play different positions i'm having a hard time really understanding how tucker coming in would hurt our chances.

Tucker is not at all a point guard, correct, so I don't know why she would affect Durr's decision.

EXACTLY!! They seem to think that Durr is more of a shooting guard. Everything I've seen and heard of her is that's she an amazing point guard that has great leadership, and can score at will. I know she's from GA, but I can't see why the #1 recruit would ever committ to Andy!

Tyree (the posted on the UGA board) who said this also said at one point that both Diamond and Kaela were both going to UGA at one point.

Andy hasn't been able to lure top talent to UGA since Tasha Humphrey, and he did that by giving her mom a job on his staff. Maya Moore, Diamond, Kaela, Kelley Cain, Alisha Gray are just a few who have left the state to play.

I do believe that UGA will be one of her top five, but I highly doubt that they are leading. TN needs a PG in Durr's year, since Massengale will have graduated. TN has a better supporting cast to surround Durr. UGA doesn't.

I also believe that Nurse to UConn will not only impact Durr, but several top guards for the next two classes since they are so top heavy in those positions.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee is loaded with point guards right now although you may not like any of them the fact is Carter is generally a point guard was in High School and is a freshman. Reynolds was a point guard on her high school team she is a freshman. Middleton will probably be a two at Tennessee but she can play point guard will be a freshman next season. The fact that we have Tucker and Nared coming in next season gives us tremendous ability on the perimeter as well.
The players we really need the most in the 2015 class are highly ranked post players. I hope Durr is a Vol but we will still be a top team without her if we get a couple of top post players in that class. I would love to think Wilson is gonna be a Vol but the odds seem very high she will not.
Hopefully a great post player like Caliya Robinson will want to be a Vol we need her more than Durr. Or Brown 6-3 number 15 in the class.

Last edited:
Speculating on 2015 who is leading is about as useless as who will run for President in 2020. And combining the lack of knowledge with what is included by another boarder from another team site...?? Go back to the initial list for 2014 from January of who the LVs were targeting and on their lists and compare with results.

Tennessee is loaded with point guards right now although you may not like any of them the fact is Carter is generally a point guard was in High School and is a freshman. Reynolds was a point guard on her high school team she is a freshman. Middleton will probably be a two at Tennessee but she can play point guard will be a freshman next season. The fact that we have Tucker and Nared coming in next season gives us tremendous ability on the perimeter as well.
The players we really need the most in the 2015 class are highly ranked post players. I hope Durr is a Vol but we will still be a top team without her if we get a couple of top post players in that class. I would love to think Wilson is gonna be a Vol but the odds seem very high she will not.
Hopefully a great post player like Caliya Robinson will want to be a Vol we need her more than Durr. Or Brown 6-3 number 15 in the class.

Playing point guard in high school doesn't make you a D1 point guard. Sure, Middleton and Reynolds can handle the ball, but neither is a point guard. Maybe they can spare Carter when she needs a rest, but I still think we should continue to look for another pg, particularly in the '15 class when Massengale is gone. Two big bangers down low and a nice pg would fit in fine with the '15 class.

Carter/'15 Pg
Tucker/Reynolds/Middleton
Nared/Jones/Dunbar
Graves/Moore/'15 recruit
Russell/'15 recruit

Reactions: 2 people
If I were Warlick, I would almost never let a year pass without seriously chasing the best couple of point guards. It is a KEY position--and let us recall that before Massengale we had a major problem at point guard for several years. Our guard recruiting generally got BAD. All positions are important--but a program of UT's stature should have AT LEAST three really good guards every year, and we haven't. This is the first year in a long time when we've had even a little quality depth at guard.

Edited to add:
De'Janae Boykin a 6'2" F out of Maryland. Her father just announced her "trimmed" recruiting list of fourteen schools. They are George Washington, VA, UConn, Penn St, UNC, DUKE, MD, WVU, TN, KY, Louisville, Miami, Wake Forest & Ohio St., and;

Arike Ogunbowale 5'9" G from Wisconsin. She currently has offers from 19 schools (including among others, Duke, ND, Louisville, MD and Vandy) and indicates strong interest from Tennessee.

Also updated some rankings on previously listed prospects.

Jim

A question: how many players made official visits to the LVs this year. A similar question would be how many home visits did Holly make? Looking at the list that CannonVol generated many months ago - I know White was a frequent visitor and no doubt had a home visit.

Edited to add:
De'Janae Boykin a 6'2" F out of Maryland. Her father just announced her "trimmed" recruiting list of fourteen schools. They are George Washington, VA, UConn, Penn St, UNC, DUKE, MD, WVU, TN, KY, Louisville, Miami, Wake Forest & Ohio St., and;

Arike Ogunbowale 5'9" G from Wisconsin. She currently has offers from 19 schools (including among others, Duke, ND, Louisville, MD and Vandy) and indicates strong interest from Tennessee.

Also updated some rankings on previously listed prospects.

Jim

Arike Ogunbowale removed TN from her list a few weeks ago.

Arike Ogunbowale ‏@Arike_O 17 Nov
Top 11 no order:
Duke
DePaul
Louisville
Marquette
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Stanford
UCLA
UConn
Wisconsin

A question: how many players made official visits to the LVs this year. A similar question would be how many home visits did Holly make? Looking at the list that CannonVol generated many months ago - I know White was a frequent visitor and no doubt had a home visit.

All three commits visited Knoxville, as did Jatarie. Gabby Green was scheduled to come, but committed before she did.

Aja will probably visit in January/February. There have been a few unofficial visits from 2015 as well.

Holly & the staff made in home visits to Wilson, White, & Nurse. They have also visited Durr and Kalani Brown from 2015. I'm sure there are more but I can't say for sure.

Arike Ogunbowale removed TN from her list a few weeks ago.

Arike Ogunbowale ‏@Arike_O 17 Nov
Top 11 no order:
Duke
DePaul
Louisville
Marquette
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Stanford
UCLA
UConn
Wisconsin

Thanks for the assist on Arike Ogunbowale. I saw the recent article that indicated interest, but don't usually check the twitter feed (which I probably should) for any more recent developments.

Jim

I seen some highlights on the point guard Durr and CHW and co. should definitely be throwing everything at her. She could certainly help the Vols after Massengale departs. I can't remember the last time the Vols had a pg of her caliber.

Napheesa Collier has narrowed her list down to five and Tennessee isn't on it. her list consists of Missouri, Connecticut, Notre Dame, Kentucky and Maryland.

A'Ja Wilson taking her time to watch the teams she is considering while they are playing is an intelligent decision. And from the recruiting perspective of the Lady Vols having her official visit during a critical game and with 11,000 cheering fans would seem to be a positive factor.

A'Ja Wilson taking her time to watch the teams she is considering while they are playing is an intelligent decision. And from the recruiting perspective of the Lady Vols having her official visit during a critical game and with 11,000 cheering fans would seem to be a positive factor.

no more message.

It appears that A'ja has narrowed her schools down to FOUR! They are: Tenn, USC, UCONN, and UNC! I still think that she's Dawn's to loose, but we shall see! At least, Tenn is in her final group! That is great news; seeing how Tenn has been left out in many recent 2014 & 15 top recruits final lists!

VN Store

Back