Lady Vols Recruiting Info

Dunbar could be a player that would jump up the ratings with a great Senior season. She was 5'7" as a freshman grew to 5'11" as a sophomore then grew to 6'2" as a junior. She averaged 14.6 points per game and 8 rebounds. She also averaged around 3 steals and 2 blocks per game. She shot over 50 percent from the three as a junior. I am gonna try to keep a close eye on her senior season. We may have really signed a player that was top twenty that fell under the radar.

after everything that i have read today and the videos of her,i think you are right,CHW picked up a good player that was flying under the radar

:eek:hmy: No way?? Those bastages got another from us.

Look at it this way; if UCONN does indeed (and it looks like that's going to be the case), then maybe this will lessen their chances for landing Asia Durr in 2015!!! UCONN is going to be extremely guard/ point guard heavy, and hopefully, that'll work against them with Durr!

I'm not that concerned about a point guard with the point guards we have on the roster. We need some post players. Plus I am hoping that if Wilson isn't going to be a Vol she takes the SC route. UConn is getting a little thin in post players as well after next season.

Warlick needs to find a couple of special players next class. I think this class is meh. Nared could be good but Middleton and Dunbar look like depth--hope I'm wrong. We need players with the skills, athleticism and toughness to beat Connecticut--that is the bar, and it is a high one.

Everyone seems to be forgetting Jannah Tucker which makes next years class four. Also guard and wing heavy.
We will need to get a few more big's next year.(for 2015)

And of course Asia Durr!

Last edited:
I think if you could put a 1,3, 5, 3, 5 ranked team on the floor next year that is as good as it gets. You also have an 8 on the team and Carter although lowered ranked is proving she is a top ten player in any class. I think Reynolds will develop into a super player as well. We have the talent and it is starting to come together could make the final four. Next year were right there in the National title hunt.

I think if you could put a 1,3, 5, 3, 5 ranked team on the floor next year that is as good as it gets. You also have an 8 on the team and Carter although lowered ranked is proving she is a top ten player in any class. I think Reynolds will develop into a super player as well. We have the talent and it is starting to come together could make the final four. Next year were right there in the National title hunt.

We have the pieces to be in the title hunt this year, if the coaches develop cohesion and we stop playing sloppy offensive basketball and reduce Simmons' PT. Harrison, Burdick, Massengale and Simmons are veteran players, Jones, an excellent defender, has been in the system at least two years. Carter has some experience and is good. Ct. won the title with a /young/ team last year. If we are not in the Final Four this year then we should get a new coaching staff--seriously.

This year's team doesn't have a Parker, or Holdsclaw, Catching or Gordon the four players who could take over games. But it surely has quality players and depth at every position, and it has ten athletic players, and most of the can run the floor. How the ball bounces, how the officials make critical game-effecting calls, injuries, ANd of course the opposing player who has the game of her life are not in the control of coaches or players.
The LVs need to get back into the arena of the Final Four, That bar has alluded them for far to many years. Pat use to say that in the Final Four there were usually three teams who deserved to be there and one who was just glad to be included. The LVs need in 2104 to be included.

We have the pieces to be in the title hunt this year, if the coaches develop cohesion and we stop playing sloppy offensive basketball and reduce Simmons' PT. Harrison, Burdick, Massengale and Simmons are veteran players, Jones, an excellent defender, has been in the system at least two years. Carter has some experience and is good. Ct. won the title with a /young/ team last year. If we are not in the Final Four this year then we should get a new coaching staff--seriously.
So far this season, I haven't seen any indication that this team is final 4 ready. And the weak schedule isn't going to help in preparing for a run at it. Playing Georgia Tech, Oakland, Virginia, K State, SMU, Texas etc isn't going to help the team to beat the top teams. Not scheduling top competition tells me something about Holly's confidence. When most of the game thread posts blame the refs for how the team is doing, it's not confidence inspiring. I think the team is ranked highly more out of respect for Pat than it is an honest evaluation.

It's not just up to TN regarding who is on the schedule. Both Maryland and Duke have said no to a series with TN. Baylor dropped us this season, which forced Holly to schedule a one time game against an inferior opponent (Oakland) due to other teams already having their schedules finalized.

We play Notre Dame, Stanford, plus the SEC schedule, which has the most teams currently in the top 25. MTSU is no scrub team, neither is Chattanooga. We already beat UNC on the road. We have no control over UVA & KSU/SMU as they are in the same tournament we are in the Bahamas over Thanksgiving.

Sure, we have a ways to go, but we are currently 3-0 and will improve. This team isn't ranked because of Pat. She isn't the coach anymore. This team is ranked because of their play and who is on the team.

Reactions: 3 people
TN is very involved with Durr, as is UConn and Georgia. If Nurse goes to UConn, I think that will actively impact Durr looking at UConn.

I expect one of her visits to be in Knoxville, based on Massengale have graduated once would get here. However, if we miss out on Durr, we are also active with both Carter and Dangerfield from 2016. Both have played for Team USA, and are TN girls (Dickson & Murfreesboro).

So far this season, I haven't seen any indication that this team is final 4 ready. And the weak schedule isn't going to help in preparing for a run at it. Playing Georgia Tech, Oakland, Virginia, K State, SMU, Texas etc isn't going to help the team to beat the top teams. Not scheduling top competition tells me something about Holly's confidence. When most of the game thread posts blame the refs for how the team is doing, it's not confidence inspiring. I think the team is ranked highly more out of respect for Pat than it is an honest evaluation.
Yeah, I'm glad we don't play in that power conference that UCONN does. That's a slaughterhouse. :crazy: Our schedule is fine. Try something else because that jab didn't work.

Reactions: 4 people
About that USA basketball link....I was wondering about that player Nancy Mulkey at 6'9" from Cypress, Tx. Would we be recruiting her as well? Good lord, she might have another growth spurt & hit 7'2".

Your source rates San Diego as having the strongest RPI & SOS in the nation. Do you see anything wrong with that?

No that is the official ratings at this time after the games that have been played. It is not my source this is the official ratings used by WCBB . They will change from game to game I expect Tennessee to go down a few slots early but when the season is all said and done they will have played a top five schedule which in effect will make your argument that they play a weak schedule invalid. The proof is right there for anyone to see.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back