Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

C’mon man. Everyone would be on board, but the likelihood of that happening? We need to find the next one.
I never advocated for trying to hire Staley now. That wasn't the point of what I was responding to. She isn't going anywhere but Columbia. The point was that she was a "home run hire" when SC got her.

Reactions: lvocd
Lost our best player for big chunks of the year the last three years. But you keep believing that was no big deal.
Looks like it will be cloudy on Monday for the eclipse, damn that Kellie!
Well okay then ....sorry about all the excuses for 5 years ...there was or were always something

I’d imagine this goes on at every college. It’s a cut throat profession for sure.

Not with Summitt. Not at Tennessee. Pat was better than that. And while Pat was our coach, Tennessee was better than that.

If we're no longer about that kind of integrity, then so be it. But that's a choice. Not a requirement.

Not with Summitt. Not at Tennessee. Pat was better than that. And while Pat was our coach, Tennessee was better than that.

If we're no longer about that kind of integrity, then so be it. But that's a choice. Not a requirement.
Totally agree with that. Pat was a whole different breed. She was a saint. But times have changed since then and it’s pretty much win at all cost these days.

Reactions: JarFly and tbwhhs
@DeerPark12 has been well respected on here for as long as I can remember. SO much so, that when he told me I was overthinking it about the PR signs signaling Danny White was going to fire Kellie... I actually quit posting for several days. That's how much I respect him.

View attachment 632330
Regardless of the outcome, you were still way overthinking it. Go back and find a previous year where posts like where you were suggesting were made, it doesn’t exist.

What's with all the hype about Gottlieb? I don't get it. Solid coach--but what has she done that is special? There are a dozen coaches
with a similar CV.

Final 4 at Cal, Elite 8 this year, elite recruiter (has #1 freshman this year) and #1 recruiting class for 2024. Was assistant coach in NBA. Considered one of the top minds in the game right now.

My issue is when when posters build a reputation on being “in the know” and then go ghost whenever they’re wrong. It really is ok to own it.

If someone has sources/contacts that the average fan doesn’t, cool. But don’t make definitive statements as if you heard something directly from the source (aka Danny). And then back-track when wrong.
When have I ever gone “ghost” here? I’ve been here all week.

I never said she was guaranteed to be back or guaranteed to be gone. I just said looking for clues on an official account social media is silly, because the people that run the account have absolutely no idea what an Athletic Director is thinking. They have end of season posts planned out weeks in advance, with all various outcomes planned for.

VN Store

Back