Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

At this point, I don't care if it's a mid major or not as long as:
1. They are a great X's and O's coach
2. Understand how to build team chemistry
3. Are a proven winner at whatever level they coach
4. Can hire the best recruiter and staff money can buy
5. Has a big old bag of NIL money to attract some SEC level talent

Oh, and understand how to substitute and when to call timeouts!
They all we can ask for the rest takes care of it’s self

So we're told we have a coach. What's the betting line on who's got the job?

As anybody heard or seen anything reported by the press or fans at the various schools about their coach getting
interviewed or considered for this job? I've seen/heard nothing, which is quite unusual. I scanned yesterday's sports news pertaining to Gonzaga,
Colorado, Baylor, Oregon State, Louisville, Maryland board...and nothing.
I would say Monday things star to go in motion

That’s fair. Message I got was “back and forth on a term sheet”, and close enough for me to think it’s done, but probably not close enough to announce. If they don’t get caught on any key terms, I assume we’re within a day or two (Monday/Tuesday).
Do you or will you say if it’s the grand slam hire

Reactions: ERvolsfan
I’m just excited to know who at this point. I have faith Danny did not take this lightly, removing Harper to hire an up and comer or lateral coach makes little sense.

Unless their working relationship was completely untenable I don’t see him firing Kellie to replace her with a lesser coach or someone with less experience. Harper had 15 years of HC experience when hired, don’t think we see less than that personally.

VN Store

Back