If you could add any player from vol history to the current roster...

It was in Blue font, my man. That means I'm being sarcastic.
ohhhhh kkkkkk not up to speed on FONTING.....everytime I see that i think of the older folks at Vol events who have colored hair and are usually degraded....myyyy baaaad

Gotta go with Eric Berry considering last years back end stats....

... who would it be?

This was a question posted on twitter that sent me down a rabbit hole. Having only been a die hard vols fan for about 25 years now; there is still much for me to learn.

I came across the name Bob Johnson and thought it was worthy of sharing as this man deserves honoring.

Wiki - UTSports - NFF - Recent Podcast - Bangles Article

A very short list of his accolades...

First recruit of Doug Dickie
All American & All SEC in 66-67
Best lineman in the SEC - Multiple awards
Placed 6th for the heisman... as a center.
Won first Natty since Neyland was coach

First person ever drafted by the Bangles - first round - second overall
12 season - 11 as captain
If there is a hall of fame in regards to football, he is in it.
Harvard business grad

Al Wilson

Al Wilson! His disruptive, game changing abilities would by default decrease the current needs at any of the other positions.

Inky just so he could strap it on again.

By Al is my for real pick. He makes everyone better. Including coaches.

How could we be 4 pages in and no one mention Willie Gault!!!! The Biletnikoff Award would be renamed the Willie Award if he were in this offense!!!

* he is also Nigel Warriors dad.. so his son had a nice contribution to our VOLS as well.
I wish we could have redshirted him a year. A stud run stuffer but a pass coverage liability his first few years, to a very solid player overall his senior season.

Alabama almost put us away early in 2019 before Warrior returned a goal line pic to midfield.

You can't go wrong with any of the names mentioned, but if you're going with one player, it has to be with the ultimate difference maker, a game wrecker. It has to be the great Reggie White.

Reactions: DeusExMachina

VN Store

Back