If you could add any player from vol history to the current roster...

Atkins or Berry is the answer. Need to affect the opposing QB and I don’t see a lot of ways we do that this season as the roster stands…

Offense - Peyton Manning. Defense- Reggie White. Holloway and Martin might be better fits for this offense though.

Considering the offense we have it has to be a defensive player for me. We already have a stout front 7 so I'm going with Eric Berry. That guy was would singlehandedly change our secondary

Reactions: EasternVol
Has to be a defensive pick. My first instinct was Grant or Berry to shore up the secondary, but we also need help at LB ... Al Wilson. But I think one player would actually improve all 3 levels of the defense and that player is Reggie White.

Reggie White or Dale Carter...honestly Carter would likely make a bigger impact simply because the Dline is already the strongest part of our defense this season IMO

For those too young...Carter was everything Eric Berry was PLUS he lead the nation in kickoff return yards at almost 30 yards per return...and was hands down the fastest player on the field every single game he played for us despite Flarduh putting WR in the NFL yearly. He would give receivers a step to bait the QB into throwing his way...then close and break up or intercept the pass. Amazing athlete. He was a 1st team consensus All American and a perennial Pro Bowler in the League after he left.
* he is also Nigel Warriors dad.. so his son had a nice contribution to our VOLS as well.

Best UT highlights start at 3:30 with his 90yd kickoff TD versus Flarduh

I will probably be banned from this site after this but I am not sure Peyton is the guy you want anymore in college football. The pocket passer has just not been that successful in CFB. In the NFL it is still the standard but without NFL caliber lineman you really need a QB that can scramble. That is what made Hooker so dangerous. I will always love Peyton. I have one of his signed jersey's in my man cave, but give me a running QB that can make high completion passes any day (again, in the NCAA. In the NFL Peyton is my fantasy team every time).
Nah Peyton would absolutely dominate in this offense. Doesn't matter if he can't run, it would be incredibly easy for him.

He also wasn't that unathletic in college. He could scramble a little.

Peyton on this team?

15-0

We’d score every drive with Peyton. My choice would still probably be Al Wilson, Reggie White or Eric Berry based on what we need the worst

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back