If things don't work out for Butch....

What the hell has Larry Scott shown that would make you want him? Are you trying to keep the mediocre period alive and well at Tennessee??

Don't have to because it is already alive and well and I love getting all you football " know it all " armchair analyst stirred up. Job accomplished.

I thought the Chavis thread was the rock bottom worst. Then, I opened this one.

Like I said I think Hoke and Chavis are a stretch but I think Scott or Gillespie could move into those roles and do well. I'm just throwing out ideas and stirring the pot. 😁

You and all of the VN whiners would be calling for Scott's head before midseason. Book it!!!!!

Not whining I just said if things don't work out with Butch then ..... Just having a little fun. I hope Butch gets it figured out because that would be the best case scenario for Tennessee.

* This...

You want "Consistency" when you have a Hall-of-Fame Coach retire...

If someone "doesn't work out"...you clean house.

Yeah like I said in my original post cleaning house is usually what happens. However UT doesn't have a very good track record with that recently.

:lolabove: :mf_surrender:We have played two games of the season and have won both... and there are some "jerks" supposed to be genuine Vol fans suggesting a coaching staff change already!!!!! Please get off this site and go somewhere else. If you were a high school recruit would you want to play at Tennessee with a bunch of "jerk" supporters such as this?

I just said if things don't work out with Butch.

Petrino isn't big unless your expectations of NCAA sanctions are what you call big.

NCAA sanctions? When? Riding around on a motorcycle with a blonde on back doesn't get you NCAA sanctions. I say $8M and thrown in a blonde and a Harley for good measure.

Petrino ain't happening. His contract is almost as toxic as the man himself. He has the highest buyout in college football unless something has changed in the last couple of years.

And Tee Martin would trip over himself to take the HC job if it were offered. He wouldn't come back as a coordinator though.

You would have to pay out a ton of $$ anyway to get Tee out of SoCal. And you're still getting an unproven HC. Buyout is an issue, but it keeps coming down with each passing year while we wallow in mediocrity. Soon, the price will be right. But I would rather Butch succeed and save us the trouble...again.

What about Larry Scott for HC, Gillespie for OC, Hoke or Chavis for DC, and fill in the rest of the staff from there. I know when a coach is fired that typically means his staff goes too. I don't think the administration at UT will ever spend a lot for a splash hire. So the next best thing would be to just promote current staff and keep some form of consistency. I really like what I have seen with Scott's vanilla offense so far. I think Gillespie is a great coach, and move Hoke to DC or beg Chavis to come back.

Can someone explain why they want the Vols to fail for their on agenda? I mean what the hell does it matter who the coach is as long as the TEAM is getting better year after year? What sense does it make to want the team to lose just so you can get the coach fired?

😡👀🏉🏈

Tennesseeduke

What about Larry Scott for HC, Gillespie for OC, Hoke or Chavis for DC, and fill in the rest of the staff from there. I know when a coach is fired that typically means his staff goes too. I don't think the administration at UT will ever spend a lot for a splash hire. So the next best thing would be to just promote current staff and keep some form of consistency. I really like what I have seen with Scott's vanilla offense so far. I think Gillespie is a great coach, and move Hoke to DC or beg Chavis to come back.

Please make it stop

It's not his coaching we'd be concerned about. It would be his recruiing.

The amount of time he spent recruiting at Oregon would be cut in half recruiting for Tennessee. Obviously he's been away from the college game for a while and he isn't getting an NFL job for a while. If he wants to coach, he is gonna have to budge on his dislike for being on the road recruiting. It's part of the job. Being at a big school like ours over Oregon would definitely be easier to recruit to.

Can someone explain why they want the Vols to fail for their on agenda? I mean what the hell does it matter who the coach is as long as the TEAM is getting better year after year? What sense does it make to want the team to lose just so you can get the coach fired?

😡👀🏉🏈

Tennesseeduke

Here's the problem of Butch. He is never going to be a national championship coach. Our program is back on very solid ground. If you know he isn't going to win a title and there are much bigger name brand coaches that are elite, why wouldn't you fire him to upgrade? Why wait for your rivals to scoop them up. Hell Butch did the exact same thing with Jancek. No one expected it said Butch was hired to win titles. He was hired to stabilize the program and rebuild the roster. He's done that. The minute he started having higher expectations than that, he folded faster than the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl aka 2016 South Carolina/Vandy Games.

It's not personal, it's business.

Here's the problem of Butch. He is never going to be a national championship coach. Our program is back on very solid ground. If you know he isn't going to win a title and there are much bigger name brand coaches that are elite, why wouldn't you fire him to upgrade? Why wait for your rivals to scoop them up. Hell Butch did the exact same thing with Jancek. No one expected it said Butch was hired to win titles. He was hired to stabilize the program and rebuild the roster. He's done that. The minute he started having higher expectations than that, he folded faster than the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl aka 2016 South Carolina/Vandy Games.

It's not personal, it's business.

Pure opinion Dr Phil.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure someone has addressed this, as that is usually the case, but who are we going to get that is better? Anyone else would be a risk, and we have seen progress through his years. Kevin Sumlin was a sure bet, fail. Charlie strong was a sure bet, fail. Will Muschamp was a sure bet, fail once- we will see on round 2.

I know we are looking across the aisle at Saban and we think we deserve what they have, but how many hires would you want us to have to find a Harbaugh, Meyer, or Saban if that's ever possible? Even LSU was okay with hiring O because they knew they didn't have a better option, and he brings continuity which is great for a football team and recruiting.

Just realized I brought reality to a silly need to argue and feel right. Wasting time.

Reactions: 2 people
Pure opinion Dr Phil.

So you're saying he is equal to Saban, Urban, Dabo, or Jimbo? Or anywhere close to Harbaugh, Shaw, Franklin, or Petrino?

Hell Chip Kelly is available with no baggage is light years ahead of Butch.Kelly is gonna coach in the SEC within the next 3 years. Might as well be us than someone else.

Reactions: 1 person
So you're saying he is equal to Saban, Urban, Dabo, or Jimbo? Or anywhere close to Harbaugh, Shaw, Franklin, or Petrino?

Hell Chip Kelly is available with no baggage is light years ahead of Butch.Kelly is gonna coach in the SEC within the next 3 years. Might as well be us than someone else.

Thank you for actually having an idea instead of just complaining.

VN Store

Back