If things don't work out for Butch....

If Butch got fired this year, you're advocating for Larry Scott who couldn't keep the job at Miami and pass up on Chip Kelly?

Thanks for the joke. I needed a chuckle this morning.

With Mark Richt without a job you knew who Miami was going with. If he was still at Georgia, I see Miami hiring Scott.

Not sure where the chuckle is, maybe to much vodka in the coffee? :dunno:

If things don't work out for Butch.....

He still has a butt load of UT money coming his way.

Love it when the rubes make an appearance and cry about mid range money buying a mid range coach and just quite cannot grasp why the mid range coach does not perform like Saban?!?!?

<blue font> Let's go in their direction quit paying these millionaires to coach at Tennessee, hire the house painters and lawn cutters that win peewee championships and let's show the world how2 it's really done!

Hardly a thread goes by before some rube complains about a million dollars a coach makes and ONE million doesn't buy much. My suggestion quit complaining about your Hundai not performing or driving like a Lexus, you knew it was a Hundai when you bought the %$#@ thing.

Reactions: 3 people
With Mark Richt without a job you knew who Miami was going with. If he was still at Georgia, I see Miami hiring Scott.

Not sure where the chuckle is, maybe to much vodka in the coffee? :dunno:

I don't drink Coffee. So jokes on you.

If Butch got fired this year, you're advocating for Larry Scott who couldn't keep the job at Miami and pass up on Chip Kelly?

Thanks for the joke. I needed a chuckle this morning.

I think he's saying our administration won't be willing to meet Chip Kelly's sticker price.

What about Larry Scott for HC, Gillespie for OC, Hoke or Chavis for DC, and fill in the rest of the staff from there. I know when a coach is fired that typically means his staff goes too. I don't think the administration at UT will ever spend a lot for a splash hire. So the next best thing would be to just promote current staff and keep some form of consistency. I really like what I have seen with Scott's vanilla offense so far. I think Gillespie is a great coach, and move Hoke to DC or beg Chavis to come back.

If Hoke or Chavis it the best we can do, we might as well give it up.

Dear lord, this is Tennessee. Hire an actual name in coaching if you're going to fire Butch. This thread doubled down on stupid.

Reactions: 6 people
Dear lord, this is Tennessee. Hire an actual name in coaching if you're going to fire Butch. This thread doubled down on stupid.

Thing is....they won't do either one. As long as the seats are full, our administration is totally committed to the almighty dollar, and Butch is going nowhere.Football is a cash cow in this state. The fans have proven 8-9 wins and a bowl game is enough. Furthermore, they aren't forward thinking enough to take the risk on spending big money, even if the potential payoff is worth it. They are not high-risk investors like the Administration at Bama. We value different things apparently.

What about Larry Scott for HC, Gillespie for OC, Hoke or Chavis for DC, and fill in the rest of the staff from there. I know when a coach is fired that typically means his staff goes too. I don't think the administration at UT will ever spend a lot for a splash hire. So the next best thing would be to just promote current staff and keep some form of consistency. I really like what I have seen with Scott's vanilla offense so far. I think Gillespie is a great coach, and move Hoke to DC or beg Chavis to come back.
Did you not see Chavis fold like a cheap lawn chair against UCLA? We've burned that bridge, thank goodness.

Reactions: 1 person
Thing is....they won't do either one. As long as the seats are full, our administration is totally committed to the almighty dollar, and Butch is going nowhere.Football is a cash cow in this state. The fans have proven 8-9 wins and a bowl game is enough. Furthermore, they aren't forward thinking enough to take the risk on spending big money, even if the potential payoff is worth it. They are not high-risk investors like the Administration at Bama. We value different things apparently.

By the look of our past moves, this apparently spot on. But the other thing is, if...if Butch can get a deal with less stress somewhere else with lower expectations, he might just jump ship.

If that's the case, my:twocents:says we don't have to hire a big name and I say hell no to Chip Kelly. Let's go back to our roots, get Tennessee guys back in here and get back to Tennessee football.

Tee Martin, Jay Graham, and Randy Sanders are just a few guys that come to mind that are coaching at big time programs that could be on the staff. As far as head coach, not sure one of them would be ready, but then again...I'd take it.

Last edited:
:lolabove: :mf_surrender:We have played two games of the season and have won both... and there are some "jerks" supposed to be genuine Vol fans suggesting a coaching staff change already!!!!! Please get off this site and go somewhere else. If you were a high school recruit would you want to play at Tennessee with a bunch of "jerk" supporters such as this?

Reactions: 7 people
No. If Butch doesn't work out, and that's a big "if" right now, we would want to move in a different direction than our same coaches.

Reactions: 1 person
How 'bout UT hires a REAL freakin coach for once? (if/when the time comes)

The sad part is the OP probably hit the nail on the head if Butch is canned.

Just sad.

Reactions: 2 people

If that is the best coach and coordinators we can get then we should probably not even try to field a team next year.

That isn't a knock on Scott and Co. just that we should be able to get a decently proven coach not an unknown. If that is the case we shouldnt fire Butch because we will set the program back even farther with a bad hire!!! JMHO!

This post is silly lol! I'll play....If you are looking for a rock star hire, you know who you have to get.

I think this weekend will play some part in Butch's future at UTK. UF is down and missing two their best players on offense. The storms have probably distracted them somewhat from their regular preparations. The Vols should be able to go down there and easily win this game. I'd consider it an upset if UF wins this year. If UF wins convincingly, then I question whether we can beat VU and SC this seasons. If we win, we're probably looking at 9-3 worst case.

How 'bout UT hires a REAL freakin coach for once? (if/when the time comes)

The sad part is the OP probably hit the nail on the head if Butch is canned.

Just sad.

Would you please give a list of these REAL freakin' coaches, that we legitimately can hire. That last phrase eliminates Saban, Meyer, and Chuckie. Please make sure the list contains GUARANTEED improvements, and not wishful thinking.

Keep in mind, our current coach has restored us from the depths of darkness, gotten us to 9-4 consistently, and has us currently in the "top 5" in recruiting in the very year where fans are asking who the new coach will be while we're sitting undefeated. Go with the guaranteed real coach improvements ...

tia :hi:

VN Store

Back