Haynesworth calling for boycott...

Dont want to get in the middle of a fuss. But our constitution allows for free speech regardless of what year it is. Doesn't matter if you like what they say or not.
I haven’t been in a hole, I’ve been out in the great big world where in 2021 you can’t say things like that anymore.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
There was no racism involved with not considering Tee Martin as head coach. Martin was not qualified yet. We absolutely do not racism injected into Tennessee football...Haynesworth needs to keep his mouth out of things.

In all my years of watching NFL, I have always taken interest and joy when a former Vol does well, even if they are not playing for my favorite team. But as to the most disturbing moment I have ever seen, Haynesworth takes top spot. Even above Tatum's hit on Stingley. Probably because he was a former Vol. How the Hell does he believe what he says matters to anyone with half a brain?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and tbh
I'm sorry but Haynesworth can take his fanship and loyalty elsewhere, Tee didn't get the job because he sucks as a coach. Race had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: ETCvol4life
One man's opinion.
Not really debating the topic, but I found this part interesting in regards to our ex-coach and AD :
" As an athletic director, you've got to be an idiot to hire a coordinator that's never been a head coach if you can do anything other than that at all," Bowlsby said. "The number of things you have to learn as a head coach, the list is as long as your arm."

Here's Shaw, who has long arms:

"A head-coaching job has something to do with football, but everything else takes much more of your time: managing people, dealing with alumni, dealing with athletic directors and presidents and provosts and other on-campus personnel, setting schedules, handling difficult situations, handling your team individually and collectively."

Not really debating the topic, but I found this part interesting in regards to our ex-coach and AD :
" As an athletic director, you've got to be an idiot to hire a coordinator that's never been a head coach if you can do anything other than that at all," Bowlsby said. "The number of things you have to learn as a head coach, the list is as long as your arm."

Here's Shaw, who has long arms:

"A head-coaching job has something to do with football, but everything else takes much more of your time: managing people, dealing with alumni, dealing with athletic directors and presidents and provosts and other on-campus personnel, setting schedules, handling difficult situations, handling your team individually and collectively."

this should've been strongly considered by PF before hiring JP

Systematic racism, racism period is the world we live in. People hate others because of the color of their skin, is soo stupid. Albert is just frustrated because that's his friend and feels that he at least deserved an interview. Personally, I don't believe Tee was ready, but who knows what Fulmer promised him?

Those FACTS dont fit there agenda that America is systematically racist so they dont get talked about

If you mean me in the their agenda comment, I don’t have one. I think Albert’s comments on Twitter are extremely racist and ignorant, but because he says racist things doesn’t mean I would lower my morals and standards to jab back by saying something racist in return. I do not think America is systematically racist, not where I come from anyway.

I’ve seen white boys get jobs with much less than his OC/ AHC experience so miss me with this bull💩

1611869065763.png

This you? So, the successful head coach at an up and coming program shouldn't get an interview because he's "not ready" but Tee and his zero years of experience should be patronized with one because....racism? Did I get that right?

Something tells me this is pandering clickbait since the link appears to be ESPN.
I wonder if this guy would have the same opinion if he (or she) was the AD and boosters and fans knew where (s)he lived with a million dollar income on the line...... I bet (s)he'd hire the best thing (if a turtle is best, I'd hire it) (s)he could for every position in the department. I suspect (s)he was told to write an article about it because some marketing data showed it'd get clicks.

I don't remember anyone agreeing with this incredibly important HC search and critical moment for the UT football program that the hire should be based on race. What everyone has said is that we want and absolutely need the best possible coach we can get. Their race has nothing to do with it.

You are arguing with yourself here. Missed the point.

This poor dead horse has been beat to shreds.

Didn’t see him raising hell on Fulmer when he hired JP instead of TM. He ruined his NFL career once he got paid. Mr Cheapshot needs to stay away

tenor.gif

While I understand where big Al is coming from and I do believe there is plenty of evidence that there is systemic racism at Tennessee; there was absolutely no evidence that Tee was ready for this job.
That is ********. If you have evidence of that ten put it out there and lets talk about it. If everything does not go the way you want it play the race card.

Reactions: 508mikey
To be fair its alot of white coaches that hasn't done much in there careers and get coaching jobs all the time. I ain't trying to stir up nothing but its facts. How many black head coaches at P5 schools? No reason why a guy like Tony Elliot don't have a head coaching job.
So you support hiring someone for a job based solely on skin color and nothing with qualifications? Ok. Got it. I guess thats how we had 8 years of "you know who". Good grief.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
To be fair its alot of white coaches that hasn't done much in there careers and get coaching jobs all the time. I ain't trying to stir up nothing but its facts. How many black head coaches at P5 schools? No reason why a guy like Tony Elliot don't have a head coaching job.[/QUOTE
If the reports are true he turned us down. Not sure how that’s on Tenn.

Its embarrassing to me to have Albert Haynsworth representing anything Tennessee regardless. He's earned that rep many times over. As my wise father always said..."Your reputation precedes you EVERYWHERE you go and dictates your life for you long after you've destroyed it". So very sad!!

Reactions: MMA81 and 4chrissy
Honestly UT may have done Tee a favor would it be wise for him to start his first Head coaching position at his alma mater that is on the verge of going through sanctions from the NCAA? If I were Tee I would not want that headache.

Bottom line is that Tee hasn't done anything in his career to warrant serious consideration for an SEC head coaching job, even here at his alma mater. That won't sit well with some, but it's just the truth.

Sun Belt South Alabama (Tee's hometown) passed. Volumes. Dangit, we love Tee. He just isn't the Man---yet! EVERYONE should be elevated based on Merit; Alone. When you push people ahead otherwise, you end up with problems. Always. Everytime, Always.

VN Store

Back