Haynesworth calling for boycott...

Why? Tee isn’t remotely qualified to be the head coach at TN. He couldn’t even get an interview at South Alabama, was a terrible WR coach, and didn’t recruit worth a plug nicke.

Are you remotely even being serious here? Do you not know who got Key Lawerence, Walker Merrill, Hyatt, Malachi Wideman, William Griffin, Elijah Simmons, Jimmy Calloway, Jimmy Holiday, the Memphis trio, Dee Beckwith, Lampley, James Robinson, etc? See this is where some of you all are idiots and just talk. He did get an interview at S. Ala and also told them he wasn’t leaving. As far as qualified a interview is just courtesy in this case. I didn’t say name him HC.

teemartin.png

What is there in his coaching history that says "I'm ready for my first HC gig, and it should be at an SEC school?"

I’ve seen white boys get jobs with much less than his OC/ AHC experience so miss me with this bull💩

I agree with some of this. Again, I am not dwelling on Albert or UT here. There is a much bigger issue that needs to be addressed immediately.
As I said, AH poisoned the well of discussion here.

I've no reason to take up the cause of systemic racism at UT OR the SEC when we just were heavily interested in two very talented men of color for HC here. AH =manufactured= a "problem" to "address an issue"...... essentially just to stir the pot.

I'm no man's Pavlovian dog who sees racism brought up, legit or not legit, and immediately I salivate and "must address this immediately."

I'm not about to get triggered by some clown like AH into having to "fight for the cause" here. Why? He's placed the fight in the gutter....... and it doesn't belong there.

Are you remotely even being serious here? Do you not know who got Key Lawerence, Walker Merrill, Hyatt, Malachi Wideman, William Griffin, Elijah Simmons, Jimmy Calloway, Jimmy Holiday, the Memphis trio, Dee Beckwith, Lampley, James Robinson, etc? See this is where some of you all are idiots and just talk. He did get an interview at S. Ala and also told them he wasn’t leaving. As far as qualified a interview is just courtesy in this case. I didn’t say name him HC.
Lol, all those guys are Slaw, and he said on Twitter that he was withdrawing his name for consideration. Which is common knowledge for “they told me to kick rocks” And evidently you have never been a hiring manager, you don’t give an interview as a courtesy, you interview to fill the position. You don’t waste your time on courtesy. And I’m no idiot, and I would appreciate you keeping those type comments to yourself.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
As I said, AH poisoned the well of discussion here.

I've no reason to take up the cause of systemic racism at UT OR the SEC when we just were heavily interested in two very talented men of color for HC here. AH =manufactured= a "problem" to "address an issue"...... essentially just to stir the pot.

I'm no man's Pavlovian dog who sees racism brought up, legit or not legit, and immediately I salivate and "must address this immediately."

I'm not about to get triggered by some clown like AH into having to "fight for the cause" here. Why? He's placed the fight in the gutter....... and it doesn't belong there.

So issues cannot be brought up unless they are properly introduced by the proper person? I don’t live in that world. I made a valid point. It doesn’t change because I’m addressing it in an AH thread.

You're ignoring everything that has been said about the job being offered to African Americans and are still spewing rhetoric about something Tennessee has no control over. It is not our program's damn fault

You’re making your own point. Not mine.

again you’re an idiot because they didn’t tell him to kick rocks but you’re fool enough to type that to justify your narrative. I don’t hv to be a hiring manager because I own and co-own 2 very successful businesses.
Ok, you own and co-own? two very successful businesses, but you aren’t a hiring manager? Ok... and now you have called me an idiot and a fool, again, I’ll ask you to stop the derogatory comments. I’m sorry your hero didn’t get an interview, he wasn’t qualified, and is a horrible employee. The team is better off without him. And, SA did not interview him...

I’ve seen white boys get jobs with much less than his OC/ AHC experience so miss me with this bull💩
Sure enough. Dabo comes to mind off the top.

However, UT legit tried to HIRE James Franklin and Tony Elliott. Both said no. Both are really smart, Black coaches...and they said no. One has a very good record as a HC, the other is a complete blank slate. Didn't matter. They both said no.

Is it a slap in the face to Tee? You could make the case it was because of the time and positives he's invested into UT
- won a National Championship as player
- good recruiter
- good position coach
- picking up the pieces after Pruitt was rightfully let go.

But using race in this just doesn't fly. And Albert's so WRONG for displaying as such because in situations where racism IS real in sports, people will lose sympathy for the cause because of illegitimate claims like Albert is making.

I knew Tee. Have followed his career. He was at USC as an OC with NFL weapons galore to work with and he couldn't make it work. Then, no one else wanted him as their OC.
I don't know all the inner workings obviously of his time at UT, but unfortunately he's linked to Pruitt and the disfunction of the past 3 years...

Did Jim Chaney get an interview??
Sorry Tee, but it is what it is.

Just 1? Byron Leftwich.
You‘re also highlighting another problem btw.
He is an outstanding coach, so is Eric B, but not for the SEC. They are NFL coaches. I’ll tell you one of the issues that holds back Black coaches, or the lack of, to be a coach in CFB, you must have at a minimum a B.S.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So issues cannot be brought up unless they are properly introduced by the proper person? I don’t live in that world. I made a valid point. It doesn’t change because I’m addressing it in an AH thread.
You can do as you wish. I'm unsure what you're "addressing" however.

Again, I encourage young men and women to bring it, bring something to the table people want, via their athletic skill, their intellect, their music, their creativity, whatever. If they ignore you, make it hurt when someone else chooses you.

The battle isn't won with words. It's won with performance. Systemic racism is a stupid idea but it also needs to be a stupid decision.

Ok, you own and co-own? two very successful businesses, but you aren’t a hiring manager? Ok... and now you have called me an idiot and a fool, again, I’ll ask you to stop the derogatory comments. I’m sorry your hero didn’t get an interview, he wasn’t qualified, and is a horrible employee. The team is better off without him. And, SA did not interview him...

I’m my hero not Tee nor anybody else my dad and the legendary Maurice Fitzgerald taught me hero’s die so believe in yourself because you’re the master of your fate. They did an interview via Zoom. So again kp making assumptions. And again your post indicates a fool because he definitely brought in his share of talent. This board is better off without you because it’s evident you don’t know a damn thing about recruiting or what a coach does.

Reactions: you
He is an outstanding coach, so is Eric B, but not for the SEC. They are NFL coaches. I’ll tell you one of the issues that holds back Black coaches, or the lack of, to be a coach in CFB, you must have at a minimum a B.S.
Do you have any idea how many probowls that man has produced compared to other coaches? He's great, definitely SEC caliber and has previous experience in college coaching

VN Store

Back