Game Thread Lady Vols vs Carson Newman

When your pgs finish layups and get in the passing lanes>>>> It’s been so long Soo Yung

haha. preach! amen!

Granted, this is exhibition, granted this is CN ...

The team has made the RIGHT adjustments after halftime. This bodes well for players and coaching I believe.

Every year we press and every year we get our tailes beat. We have to stop pressing teams it doesn’t work.

Freshmen get a lot better so defense will come around. We were much better in second half of game forced a lot of turnovers and got on the boards.

KK looking a lot better than many projected she would play. She went against the smaller players a lot better than Mercedes did tonight.

Reactions: 5 people
The rust has officially been shaken off. Next up ETSU. I do wonder if they told Meme she was running the point? There were a couple times I saw where Westbrook was going to get the ball and Meme came in and cut her off and tried to start the offense.

I like how everyone's game is a little bit different. Davis quietly got it done. I can't wait to see her vs better competition. Fatigue is gonna be huge again this year so they are going to need to work on that endurance if they want to run. The 4th quarter seemed like no one wanted to play. Both teams were kind of loafing and it was basically a pick up game at that point.

Saw some good things and some not so good things as would be expected of a 1st game of the year with quite a few freshmen and only 8 dressed to play. This game reminded my of the Ohio State WBB team's exhibition game, lots of points and sketchy defense. Seems like Holly and staff got exactly what they needed out of this class. That might be a bit presumptuous this early but I definitely saw a lot of good out there.

Reactions: 3 people
Good to hear. She could be the X factor on this team.

Considering only 8 players were dressed, and the starting guards picked up 2 early fouls each, being second off the bench doesn't mean much. Everybody got a lot of minutes. KD looked no different than she has for the past 3 years.

I have to say that I was most impressed with KK. I was expecting another Harris-type freshman project, and KK is well beyond that.

Reactions: 2 people
The freshmen looked good tonight. Davis doesn't play frantic when she gets the ball like a lot of freshmen do. In fact, none of the rookies played frantically very much. They all played under control for the most part. I think they will shine with experience. Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 6 people
Does anyone know how efficient the freshman were from the field? We’ve had guards that could score, Simmons, DeShields, just not at an efficient clip.

VN Store

Back