Game Thread Lady Vols vs Carson Newman

Lady Vols 52, C-N 42 | Half

14 points and 7 rebounds so far for Rennia Davis on her debut 🔥

Reactions: 2 people
Russell not having a good game but we still scored over fifty points. Carson Newman can shoot the ball still we need to stop those points under the basket and those offensive rebounds.
Looks like we'll score over 100 and they get about 70

DAvis should lead our team in scoring. We have a lot of offensive weapons.

Our defense isn’t very good right now. I’m sure we will improve. Nice to see KK with a block.

Russell is still passive offensively. She should be demanding the ball and finishing over much smaller players.

Jaime is definitely the vocal leader of the team.

Reactions: 1 person
I must say I'm very impressed with Evina Westbrook and Rennia Davis. They just need more tests and they will get plenty of those. Hayes seems to be over thinking a lot and needs some work defensively.

Nared is playing very well and took on a leadership role. Disappointed in Russell. She is playing very timid and should have a double double right now.

To me the Lady Vols should be better then last year, It remains to be seen how much better.

I really like Annie starting at point. Kort still trying to rebound with hand instead of two. Something is nagging Cedes. It look like they’re trying to play Kasi into shape. I wonder if she still has pain with her hip, because she’s not getting any lift at all. And we’re still having trouble with defensive assignments.

Freshmen look good. Westbrook is the real deal. KK playing better than expected. Nared looking good as well. Russell, Jackson, and Dunbar are no better than last year. Russell can't hit layups or FT's, Jackson can't hit the broad side of a barn, and Dunbar still can't jump or play defense. Team defense and rebounding need a lot of work. And this female announcer is painful to listen to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
To bad were not going to see Green play tonight hopefully she will be ready for East Tennessee State.

I must say I'm very impressed with Evina Westbrook and Rennia Davis. They just need more tests and they will get plenty of those. Hayes seems to be over thinking a lot and needs some work defensively.

Nared is playing very well and took on a leadership role. Disappointed in Russell. She is playing very timid and should have a double double right now.

To me the Lady Vols should be better then last year, It remains to be seen how much better.
I disagree about Hayes. She’s been real aggressive on D and has been great offensively, driving when she has it.

Reactions: 8 people
Positives after one half:

Freshman class looks awesome. Hayes has special speed and court savvy. Westbrook has it all. Davis. Davis. Davis. Wow. KK has commanding size and hits the boards.

Nared is in for a remarkable senior campaign.

Negatives:

Mercedes looks a bit sluggish, but this could simply be first-game rust. Please get in the gym and shoot free throws over and over and over.

Someone needs to tell Meme, "STOP shooting so much." Her range hasn't improved, and tonight she's having issues with her mid-range game. She may never be a scorer. Concentrate on defense and passing.

KD hasn't been on the floor (and his with only eight bodies available tonight) enough to judge. Not sure if she even attempted a shot.

Overall, we need loads of defensive work, improved shooting and experience for this impressive freshman class.

Go Lady Vols ... time for the second half.

Reactions: 3 people
The current line up:
Hayes
Nared
Davis
Jackson
Russell

Not a good mix. Lots of standing around.

That was a good quarter. They finally wore CN down. They should be able to rest MR and JN in the 4th... maybe not the whole 4th but at least the last 6 or so minutes.

VN Store

Back