Game Thread: 2024 NCAA Tournament Round 1 #6 Tennessee (19-12, 10-6 SEC) vs #11 Green Bay (27-6, 17-3 Horizon ) Saturday 3/23/24 ~12:00pm ET (ESPN)

Oh you’ll get them Monday actually will be playing a good team beside what we played today
You must be miserable today after having to watch the Lady Vols win big. Or could you even bear to watch? You probably watched, instead, that last 1.1 seconds of the SC game overvand over and over again for two hours. 😂

Another aspect of the game that made it special was how they found sustained focused engagement without being anxious. Not easy to do in the first game of the NCAAs, and hasn't been a strength of this team. However, this team has several positive qualities emerging towards the end of the season that did not seem evident earlier. I so enjoy to see this growth. It will be a huge step if they can have the same focused intensity in the next game.

Another aspect of the game that made it special was how they found sustained focused engagement without being anxious. Not easy to do in the first game of the NCAAs, and hasn't been a strength of this team. However, this team has several positive qualities emerging towards the end of the season that did not seem evident earlier. I so enjoy to see this growth. It will be a huge step if they can have the same focused intensity in the next game.
100% agree!

What an underwhelming pre game team message: “you used to suck bad, but now you suck less” that will fire them up!

Clearly, she pushed the right buttons. The team did not NEED a hype man speech today. GB was a technically sound, grinding-style team. If we over hype our team, we could have come out shooting cold or committing some aggressive fouls/TOs. Nah, we needed to come out with clear minds focusing on the job at hand. I think CKH played it right in her pregame demeaner and it showed with 4 quarters of loose, efficient offense. 20+ points in every quarter.

Clearly, she pushed the right buttons. The team did not NEED a hype man speech today. GB was a technically sound, grinding-style team. If we over hype our team, we could have come out shooting cold or committing some aggressive fouls/TOs. Nah, we needed to come out with clear minds focusing on the job at hand. I think CKH played it right in her pregame demeaner and it showed with 4 quarters of loose, efficient offense. 20+ points in every quarter.
What did she actually say? I missed the beginning of the game…

It was just a short clip. No rah rah stuff. Just said "you're not the team you used to be ..." Kind of a calm reassuring tone.
Not new, she's been saying it for a couple of weeks, said it in the presser after the SC game. Reminded them they have achieved toughness and not to forget it. Not a big deal at all, really reaching to criticize it. She's right, they used to be very, very fragile but I don't think they are anymore.

a comment on referee styles, Crook got 40 and was able to move those guarding her without being called for offensive foul. Key played 14 minutes and four fouls for perhaps similar moves. The standards of acceptable, shall I use the word - contact - in the post versus fouls is the opinion of the team of referees on any given night.

It helped that Kellie brought it today too. It was great seeing her call a TO just to advocate for Tamari and give the refs an earful. More of this moving forward, please.

a comment on referee styles, Crook got 40 and was able to move those guarding her without being called for offensive foul. Key played 14 minutes and four fouls for perhaps similar moves. The standards of acceptable, shall I use the word - contact - in the post versus fouls is the opinion of the team of referees on any given night.
THISSSS MY GOD THIS

Girls played very well today. Unfortunately it had very little to with Kelly (although she did look far more interested in the game today) most likely due to the significance of it. That’s beauty of it all when the shots fall.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Girls played very well today. Unfortunately it had very little to with Kelly (although she did look far more interested in the game today) most likely due to the significance of it. That’s beauty of it all when the shots fall.
both the GB coach and players said the defensive adjustments in the second quarter by KJH turned the tide. GB coach complimented the different defenses KJH threw at them.

But I'm certain you know much better.

I didn't realize the players called their own plays today. Take a lap double x.

(the tone of this post is humorous with a light dusting of sarcasm, not meant to offend)

To lose the way that this team did against SC, then have the looooong lay off that they had, and then to show up and perform as they did today...that has everything to do with coaching

Looks like we were both wrong. No damnation post so far.

Although it helps when you dominate an inferior team, don't worry though I'm sure Monday's matchup will be somewhat more competitive.

Although hopefully I'm wrong about this as well☝️

Eh, it was close through the first quarter and my caveat was that a lot depended on how the LVs shot the ball and they got red hot in the 2nd so, not completely wrong.

To lose the way that this team did against SC, then have the looooong lay off that they had, and then to show up and perform as they did today...that has everything to do with coaching

Exactly. But the poster you responded to is in the camp of wins never have anything to do with the coaching and losses are always "Kellys" fault.

You must be miserable today after having to watch the Lady Vols win big. Or could you even bear to watch? You probably watched, instead, that last 1.1 seconds of the SC game overvand over and over again for two hours. 😂
I quit watching in 3rd quarter but if ladies had lost that game she would have been fired at end of game if it was up to me, but they didn’t they played good and was ready today. If she takes this team to a elite 8 or better I’ll change my mind on letting her go because that would be a accomplishment I watched all of the game

both the GB coach and players said the defensive adjustments in the second quarter by KJH turned the tide. GB coach complimented the different defenses KJH threw at them.

But I'm certain you know much better.

To the prior posts, when has Kellie not looked "interested" in a game? That one may be the most made up criticism of made up Kellie criticisms.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back