Game Thread: 2024 NCAA Tournament Round 1 #6 Tennessee (19-12, 10-6 SEC) vs #11 Green Bay (27-6, 17-3 Horizon ) Saturday 3/23/24 ~12:00pm ET (ESPN)

Girls played very well today. Unfortunately it had very little to with Kelly (although she did look far more interested in the game today) most likely due to the significance of it. That’s beauty of it all when the shots fall.
Also the competition wasn’t there

Edited to include shout out to Tess. She also had an outstanding game today.

Let me amplify that shout out. The legit rap on tess had been that she could not get her shot off under pressure,. She has significantly reduced her release time with no loss in accuracy. She hit some 3s with a player in her face. Her outside shooting can be a very important X factor. If she, Spear, and Powell stay in their current flow, the LVs will be very tough to handle.

Last edited:
Clearly, she pushed the right buttons. The team did not NEED a hype man speech today. GB was a technically sound, grinding-style team. If we over hype our team, we could have come out shooting cold or committing some aggressive fouls/TOs. Nah, we needed to come out with clear minds focusing on the job at hand. I think CKH played it right in her pregame demeaner and it showed with 4 quarters of loose, efficient offense. 20+ points in every quarter.
100%. In the presser, Rickea said that the comment was really motivating for them and it affirmed all the work the team had put in.

Had to smile thinking about that tweet Sam sent out of Rickea doing night work alone in the gym on her handles. Yikes! 5 t.o.s today.

For a certified great player, she makes the sloppiest t.o.s. Had cut way down on that in the SEC tourney, hopefully can keep that at bay the rest of the tourney.

I had to chuckle too she had 5 turnovers one of those came from her slipping on a wet spot on the floor so i'll say 4 really.

But i also chuckled because she shot 71% from the floor (10/14) and 100% from the FT line.

She was incredible and i hope she puts in more night work 🔥

Girls played very well today. Unfortunately it had very little to with Kelly (although she did look far more interested in the game today) most likely due to the significance of it. That’s beauty of it all when the shots fall.

Ok for shots falling ... But also did Kellie not game plan defensively to help hold them to 38% shooting?

Actually don't answer... Go Lady Vols 🍊

I had to chuckle too she had 5 turnovers one of those came from her slipping on a wet spot on the floor so i'll say 4 really.

But i also chuckled because she shot 71% from the floor (10/14) and 100% from the FT line.

She was incredible and i hope she puts in more night work 🔥
Yes, RJ getting back to that kind of efficiency, which declined a bit after her injury, is awesome to see.

Agree on the slip. total fail by the crew. Players can get hurt that way but fortunately we can laugh at it now.

RJ did make a mistake of driving into double teams but she is not used to be surrounded by 5 foot 1 players. They were so close to the floor!

Yes, RJ getting back to the kind of efficiency, which declined a bit after her injury is awesome to see.

Agree on the slip. total fail by the crew. Players can get hurt that way but fortunately we can laugh at it now.

She did make a mistake of driving into double teams but she is not used to be surrounded by 5 foot 1 players.They were so close to the floor!

She is such a more efficient player since coming here! I love to see her growth!

I quit watching in 3rd quarter but if ladies had lost that game she would have been fired at end of game if it was up to me, but they didn’t they played good and was ready today. If she takes this team to a elite 8 or better I’ll change my mind on letting her go because that would be a accomplishment I watched all of the game
So you actually couldn't bear to watch the Lady Vols having a terrific game. Of course you turned it off.

Nobody is surprised by that.

So you actually couldn't bear to watch the Lady Vols having a terrific game. Of course you turned it off.

Nobody is surprised by that.
Didn’t read the whole post only read what you all want if you read it it says I watched it all last sentence omg you’ll kill me with your sh$$

VN Store

Back