Game Thread: 2024 NCAA Tournament Round 1 #6 Tennessee (19-12, 10-6 SEC) vs #11 Green Bay (27-6, 17-3 Horizon ) Saturday 3/23/24 ~12:00pm ET (ESPN)

VolBall09

Watch mosT of the men's game.
Couldn't watch the start turn on just before the start .
Seen Grizzlies had Wildcats in trouble had to watch
Great choice in my Opinion.
As Candace Parker said at halftime
It's like Orange Christmas
Tennessee lady plays everyone available this one the starter's should be on the Bench when Green Bay goes home.

LVs 82-63

Only that close bc everyone gets minutes, starters get rest. Though both TK and RJ will be given ample opportunity to show out.

I don't think GB has the physical tools to keep it close. Ordinarily I'd be alot more cautious, but not this time. Between the punishing SC loss, how Jewel and Sara have been playing, TK's homecoming, and the RJ snub, poor GB is caught in a crossfire hurricane. This will be a get it off your chest game for the LVs

Last edited:
I’ve watched a few of their games since the bracket came out and so far I think they’re hard to gauge.

They are defensive minded and create their offense from their defense for the most part. They play as a unit and execute well.

They are grossly undersized but their ability to play together eliminates some of that deficit.

Finding it hard to predict exactly how good they are because they really didn’t play any teams this season that ended up being good. They played Maryland when they were a dumpster fire early in the season, Washington State who ended up being the biggest bust in the PAC-12 and Creighton who lost by 40 to UConn who lost to most good teams they played this year.

They can shoot the 3 but aren’t really a 3 point shooting team averaging 6.7 makes pg to our 6.8. Expect to see them shoot more than they usually do from out there due to our size so I think we need to run them off the line and force them to take contested jumpers or drive in to our bigs. No reason to sag and pack the paint on this team because they have no size.

I think we handle them relatively comfortable after a tight start. I’m going Lady Vols 78 Green Bay 60.

Last edited:
definitely don’t think this will be a HUGE blowout like expected. GB has two top 25 wins, albeit those teams weren’t great. if everyone shows up for us, it could be a comfortable win, if not it’ll be closer than most want.
Yes, most of the people outside this board are not thinking it will be a blowout. The point spread is at 8.5, which sounds about right. I would love in the blowout folks are correct, but hope that the fans expectations of a blowout doesn't create the narrative of how we under-preformed if we win by about 8 as expected.

Yes, most of the people outside this board are not thinking it will be a blowout. The point spread is at 8.5, which sounds about right. I would love in the blowout folks are correct, but hope that the fans expectations of a blowout doesn't create the narrative of how we under-preformed if we win by about 8 as expected.
Survive and advance, that’s all that matters.

Point spreads for these games are wildly difficult to predict. Really tough to determine that without common opponents. Their PPG average is inflated because some of the teams in the Horizon are absolutely abysmal. They won some of their conference games by almost 50.

Last edited:
Centered expectations? 👀😉

Tennessee 78 GB 70

GB is a bit more competent than they are being given credit for. I also predict there will be significant amounts of whining and crying around the 7 page mark.
Where I agree to an extent… GB did not win their conference this year. Cleveland State was the better overall team who played a horrific game against GB in their championship. The conference POY couldn’t hit the ocean

I really see us having a 10-15 point lead most of the game and breaking out early in the second wearing them down with rebounding

Suggestion,,,when you update the OP,
At the bottom, add;

"New OP begins at Page _#_, Post _##_ " (Put in what ever #'s coincide with the post)

It will help new readers navigate to the present topic.

Reactions: mudcat1973
Where I agree to an extent… GB did not win their conference this year. Cleveland State was the better overall team who played a horrific game against GB in their championship. The conference POY couldn’t hit the ocean

I really see us having a 10-15 point lead most of the game and breaking out early in the second wearing them down with rebounding
Ultimately I don’t care the score as long as we win. Massey has us as an 11 point favorite.

Yes, GB is scrappy and know how to play team defense. i would not be surprised if they generate TOs early in the game and keep it close. The LVs tend to be slow starters, particularly after a lay-off.

A lot depends on how the LVs are shooting from outside which has varied from awful to great all season.

My prediction is that the game stays kind of close in the first half (and the board will be flooded with damning posts) but GB will fade in the 2nd half and the LVs then will build a double digit lead.

VN Store

Back