• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Eating and Drinking in Knoxville (merged)

I know Kiddiedoc mentioned Bonefish, but I've been there before and I'm looking for a good, quaint seafood* place for the old lady and I for Valentine's Day, anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
Bayou Bay in south Knoxville is good and moderate to cheap, if you like Cajun cuisine. Its definitely quaint and authentic too.

Chesapeake's downtown is probably the most praised seafood place in town, but I've never been there so can't personally say.

Last edited:
Yeah, V-day you'd have to pick Chesapeake's for a nice seafood dinner around Knoxville if Bonefish is not an option. It's not exactly cheap but it's not fine steakhouse expensive, either. Nice building and atmosphere.

http://www.chesapeakes.com/

Then again, you could go to Red Lobster and get some nice fried Sea-Pak seafood served to your table...

Last edited:
I know Kiddiedoc mentioned Bonefish, but I've been there before and I'm looking for a good, quaint seafood* place for the old lady and I for Valentine's Day, anyone have any suggestions?

Chesapeake's is good and has a nice atmosphere, but it caters to a slightly older, "regulars" crowd. Some places that might suit you where you can get great seafood but serve a variety of fare: Bistro by the Tracks, Vlaho's (I had some fantastic sea bass a few weeks ago), Crown & Goose, and Lakeside Tavern.

If you're looking for cheap good Mexican, I'd have to recommend Pelancho's in Downtown West before Cancun on/near Cedar Bluff. El Charo on Bearden beats both, but Pelancho's is half the drive for me.

Still nothing on Rouxbarb?

What about Northshore Brasserie?

I was actually thinking about a trip to RouXbarb, anyone been?

My wife enjoyed the Brasserie on a "girl's night out." She described a dimly-lit, white tablecloth restaurant that would fit well for a romantic dinner or date.

Any one been to the SoccerTaco or something like that. Up from Mr. Gatti's down from Campbell's Pool and Spa on Kingston Pike?

A buddy of mine said it was a cool place. I just want to make sure because he was kind of fuzzy on the details of the place. Anywhere's fun when your tanked as this guy was.

Any one been to the SoccerTaco or something like that. Up from Mr. Gatti's down from Campbell's Pool and Spa on Kingston Pike?

A buddy of mine said it was a cool place. I just want to make sure because he was kind of fuzzy on the details of the place. Anywhere's fun when your tanked as this guy was.

It's alright. Food is like every other El Charro-type Mexican place (Speedy Gonzalez, #1, #2, etc.). The unique thing is the number of plasma screens in the place. I think every table has one.

Define it.

Walking Distance to me is somewhere in the neighborhood of .5-5 miles.

I guess the strip is as close as it gets.. or calhoun's on the river... i walked from the strip last year at the osu game but didnt really pay attention to what was around me b/c it was so freakin cold..

VN Store

Back