Eating and Drinking in Knoxville (merged)

I think Nama has 1/2 off wine on Tuesday nights.

I spend a lot of time at Urban Bar, as my roommate is a bartender there. They have martini nights on Tuesdays (girls love it, obviously).

For food, Harby's Pizza on Broadway is very good. It's behind Fisher Tire.

I also like Five Guys for pure gluttony. Good burger, mountains of fries.

I'm sure I'll update this a whole bunch.

where's five guys...
I'll have to check it out the next time i'm in town

Finally bought into the Mug Club at the Brewery after a couple years drinking there. #1234.

I think Nama has 1/2 off wine on Tuesday nights.

I spend a lot of time at Urban Bar, as my roommate is a bartender there. They have martini nights on Tuesdays (girls love it, obviously).

For food, Harby's Pizza on Broadway is very good. It's behind Fisher Tire.

I also like Five Guys for pure gluttony. Good burger, mountains of fries.

I'm sure I'll update this a whole bunch.

Correct on Nama and the 1/2 off wine special.

Seconded on Harby's: good pizza, interesting atmosphere.

So how is that english pub thing in the old city....crappy?

Went to Crown and Goose before a show in the late fall. Excellent food (but pricey) and an outdoor beer garden. Definitely not "crappy."

My faves:

Steak: Ruth's Chris, with Fleming's a close 2nd due to superior sides

Sushi: Nama. There is also a Bearden location now open with more seating (the old Cha-Cha's). Ask for the "special rolls menu"

Thai: Little Bangkok on Campbell Station

Italian: Vinny and Me. Also, Vlaho's serves great authentic Greek food nextdoor. Savelli's is good too, if you like the cramped/quaint feel.

Seafood: Surprising, maybe, but Bonefish has the edge. I know it's a chain, but it's a good one. Even the locals in Tampa/St. Pete ate there.

BBQ: Again, maybe a surprise, but my two local establishments are better than anything in K-town: Leo's Pulled Pig and Gerald's, both in Lenoir City.

Pizza: Nothing jumps out. I prefer Mellow Mushroom, but I haven't been to the new places downtown.

Also, if you're in the mountains or don't mind a little drive, check out Trailhead Steakhouse in Townsend. Excellent food, seasonal game on the weekends, and a casual, friendly atmosphere.

#189 here.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I tried to get in 2 1/2 years ago, but they'd cut it off, then once they opened it back up I kept putting it off for some reason. Almost like I didn't like saving money.

there's also a Five Guys in North Knoxville off of the Emory Rd exit.

i've never been impressed. the burgers are decent but the fries are terrible.

Don't know if it was posted yet, but the Lakeside Grill in Concord is very good. I had the 10 Oz. Sirloin with spinach caserole and caesar salad and was very pleased the other night. Everyone at the table said their food was wonderful. Nice View, as well.

Pizza - Mellow Mushroom, Barley's (Old City), Smoky Mountain Brewery (Turkey Creek)
Burgers - Littons (Broadway), Gridiron Burger (Turkey Creek)
Italian - Altruda's (North Peters)
BBQ - Calhouns
Steak - Ye Old Steakhouse (Chapman Highway), Connor's (Turkey Creek), Chop House (Kingston Pike)
Mexican - Abuelo's (Turkey Creek)
Wings - Calhouns, Wild Wing Cafe (Turkey Creek), Quaker Steak and Lube (Merchants)

BBQ - Calhouns

:eek:hmy: You just lost all credibility.

As to steaks: Ye Olde is a Knoxville tradition. Not to wizz on that nor the efforts of Connor Concepts, but neither YOSH nor the Connors restaurants you mentioned can hold a candle to the beef served at RC or Flemings.

Abuelo's is very good. Not sure how "authentic" it is, nor am I sure if "authentic" is a good thing or a not-so-good thing when dealing with Mexican food.

I haven't lived there in a while, but I'm surprised Regas hasn't been mentioned for steaks..
They we're really good..

I believe Blackledge did his taste of the town at YOSH...

:eek:hmy: You just lost all credibility.

As to steaks: Ye Olde is a Knoxville tradition. Not to wizz on that nor the efforts of Connor Concepts, but neither YOSH nor the Connors restaurants you mentioned can hold a candle to the beef served at RC or Flemings.

Abuelo's is very good. Not sure how "authentic" it is, nor am I sure if "authentic" is a good thing or a not-so-good thing when dealing with Mexican food.
As for Mexican in Ktown, I like Chez Guevara. I think some of us might know it my La Paz but it is by far the best in town. Not a fan at all of YOSH. I have always got a better steak at the original cellar. KD, what are your thoughts on Bistro by the tracks??

BBQ: Again, maybe a surprise, but my two local establishments are better than anything in K-town: Leo's Pulled Pig and Gerald's, both in Lenoir City.

Haven't been to Gerald's. Is that the BBQ place 321?

If it even compares to Leo's, they must have some good food. I would kill you for a half slab.

KD, what are your thoughts on Bistro by the tracks??

The last time I was there (which has been a couple of years ago), I had a fantastic rack of lamb, and my wife's scallops with country ham cheese grits were very, very good.

Ordered Chinese last night from Zhu Garden, at the corner of Kingston Pike and Ebenezer. Was very impressed.. quick delivery, reasonably priced and delicious food.

As for Mexican in Ktown, I like Chez Guevara. I think some of us might know it my La Paz but it is by far the best in town.
In addition to that being the best in town, my wife and I had our first date at that place.

Memories...

VN Store

Back