Eating and Drinking in Knoxville (merged)

Where's the best place to grab a slice of pie? And I just mean places that do by the slice in Knoxville, because every town I've been to usually has a great place, except Knoxville.

Roman's down by the dollar theater off of N. Peters.

Lotus Garden off Cedar Bluff is the best Chinese I've had in Knoxville. Just tried it last night.

Roman's down by the dollar theater off of N. Peters.

Does the old couple still run that place? I knew them back in the day (mid 90s)..... I guess it's probably their sons/etc. running it now.....

They were good people.

forgive me because I don't know the name, but there's a small pizza place in a shopping center in Alcoa just a few minutes past the airport. Lots of stuff in the area, but the pizza was really good. By the slice and not very expensive. Anyone have any clue where I am talking about?

My buddy introduced me to it one time when we went to a Maryville-Alcoa game. Drove down a few weeks later to see the Sullivan South-Maryville game (this was all last year) and all I could think about was eating another slice of that pizza.

Metro's in Alcoa is the only other good pizza spot in Alcoa, but its in the WalMart shopping center.

Metro's in Alcoa is the only other good pizza spot in Alcoa, but its in the WalMart shopping center.

Metro's might be it. I think a WalMart was on the far end of the shopping center. It was pretty big and there were other regular chain restaurants between the parking lot and road. Small little place, maybe ten tables with a brick interior?

Where's the best place to grab a slice of pie? And I just mean places that do by the slice in Knoxville, because every town I've been to usually has a great place, except Knoxville.
The newly opened Dazzo's on Gay Street is pretty good.

My wife made homemade, totally from scratch, lemon meringue pie last week. I squeezed the lemons. I'm talking real meringue too, not some bought topping. I ate half the pie the first night, no joke.

My wife made homemade, totally from scratch, lemon meringue pie last week. I squeezed the lemons. I'm talking real meringue too, not some bought topping. I ate half the pie the first night, no joke.

My sister is a very quality pie maker. She makes homemade Lemon Meringue and Key Lime. They are amazing. I have been pushing her to open a pie/coffee type desert shop for a while.

Does the old couple still run that place? I knew them back in the day (mid 90s)..... I guess it's probably their sons/etc. running it now.....

They were good people.

I'm not sure, haven't been there in a while.

dollar beers are dollar beers. i don't care if they're being served by transvestite vampires.

The minimum beer price served by a transvestite vampire is $2, but if you'll settle for a "normal" transvestite, we can get it down to $1.50.

I think Nama has 1/2 off wine on Tuesday nights.

I spend a lot of time at Urban Bar, as my roommate is a bartender there. They have martini nights on Tuesdays (girls love it, obviously).

For food, Harby's Pizza on Broadway is very good. It's behind Fisher Tire.

I also like Five Guys for pure gluttony. Good burger, mountains of fries.

I'm sure I'll update this a whole bunch.

VN Store

Back